PDA

View Full Version : Gardens

donttread
05-22-2018, 07:40 AM
Living where I live I am still growing my seeds and plants in containers I can cover during frost. Plant time will be after the full moon and possibly into June. But do most of you gardeners have your gardens planted already? What are you growing this year?

Common
05-22-2018, 07:55 AM
It amazes me how fast things grow in fla.

Dont read, I have been convinced of something I never heard of before I got to fla. Pot Gardening, I have friends who are in a group who pot garden, they grow vegetables and some fruits in pots, they get HIGH YIELDS hardly no loss and the vegetables come out fantastic.

The one guy who is considered an expert has over 400 pots on his property, he gives a ton of fresh produce to two food banks.

Pot farming works dontread, its easier to control and keep healthy and the yields are high.

HawkTheSlayer
05-22-2018, 09:47 AM

Dont read, I have been convinced of something I never heard of before I got to fla. Pot Gardening, I have friends who are in a group who pot garden, they grow vegetables and some fruits in pots, they get HIGH YIELDS hardly no loss and the vegetables come out fantastic.

The one guy who is considered an expert has over 400 pots on his property, he gives a ton of fresh produce to two food banks.

Pot farming works dontread, its easier to control and keep healthy and the yields are high.
:smiley_ROFLMAO::smiley_ROFLMAO:

"Don't read" and "pot farming" works/"high" yields.
Common you on a roll this morning!

Common
05-22-2018, 09:51 AM
:smiley_ROFLMAO::smiley_ROFLMAO:

"Don't read" and "pot farming" works/"high" yields.
@Common (http://thepoliticalforums.com/member.php?u=2649) you on a roll this morning!
lol

Tahuyaman
05-22-2018, 10:36 AM
Living where I live I am still growing my seeds and plants in containers I can cover during frost. Plant time will be after the full moon and possibly into June. But do most of you gardeners have your gardens planted already? What are you growing this year?

Mine is all planted except for the beans. I have corn, carrots, onions, radishes, garlic, artichokes, tomatoes and potatoes. I planted everything from seed except the tomatoes.
Everything is is coming up fine

I won't plant the beans until mid June.

Tahuyaman
05-22-2018, 10:38 AM
It amazes me how fast things grow in fla....

The soil is so rich here that when you plant something, you almost need to jump out of the way.

Peter1469
05-22-2018, 06:14 PM
I only have a small balcony, so not much room. I have tomatoes, habaneros, lavender, parsley, catnip, rosemary.

Common
05-22-2018, 06:20 PM
The soil is so rich here that when you plant something, you almost need to jump out of the way.

alot of sand in fla

jimmyz
05-22-2018, 06:47 PM
I'd be afraid what my Arizona summer weather would do to my plants with no experience. I take the lazy way out and hit up the local farmer's market every third Thursday of the month. I give the organic guys the wary eye when they claim "organic" and I see no evidence of pest damage. lol

Peter1469
05-22-2018, 06:57 PM
I'd be afraid what my Arizona summer weather would do to my plants with no experience. I take the lazy way out and hit up the local farmer's market every third Thursday of the month. I give the organic guys the wary eye when they claim "organic" and I see no evidence of pest damage. lol
There are sustainable farming methods (http://blog.agrivi.com/post/best-practices-for-pest-management-in-organic-farm-production)that control pests.

jimmyz
05-22-2018, 07:12 PM
There are sustainable farming methods (http://blog.agrivi.com/post/best-practices-for-pest-management-in-organic-farm-production)that control pests.

Very cool! We had this segment on a local station in the AM and the guy used Aphids to eat critters and diatimatious (SP?) earth as a pesticide and the like to grow organically here

donttread
05-22-2018, 07:19 PM

You really need to find another name for that. I grow some vegitables in big tubs but I do not refer to it as "pot farming" LOL

Mister D
05-26-2018, 10:24 AM
I planted habaneros, jalapenos and serranos for heat and 3 bell pepper plants. I'm all about the peppas so far. I only bought one herb seedling this year. I was surprised that my oregano, thyme and parsley grew back. Hardy plants. I'm covered in the herb department.

donttread
05-28-2018, 03:39 PM
Because of where I live I am still planting. Turned over the garden by hand the past few days. No frost in the long term forecast so it was time to start planting

donttread
07-23-2018, 06:06 PM
Looks like a banner year for squash much of which has already been eaten.. I've lost a lot of my brassicas to the devil groundhog . But other than that pretty good. Tomatoes starting to ripen .
How are your gardens going?