PDA

View Full Version : Anti Moslem violence spiralling into madness in US .

Carygrant
01-01-2013, 06:13 AM
2012 SUMMARY of attacks on mosques (includes attacks on Arab churches and the Sikh Temple)—CALIFORNIA - Ibrahim Khillullah Mosque in Fremont, man threatened to shooteveryone. - An Nur mosque in Ontario had pig legs thrown on the sites driveways. Prayers at a Hayward Mosque were disrupted by teenagers throwing lemons and oranges, shooting bb guns, and insulting worshippers. - West Sacramento Islamic Center vandalized for second time. — Woman arrested at Islamic School and mosque in Florida for carrying a sword onto the property. — ILLINOIS - Gravestones at Evergreen Park cemetery vandalized twice. - Lombard Mosque College Prep School hit with an acid filled bottle thrown during Taraweh prayers. - Muslim Education Center Mosque in Morton Grove had shots fired during Taraweh prayers. — MARYLAND - Riverview Islamic Center vandalized. — MICHIGAN - Mother of the Savior Lutheran Church (Arab Christian) in Dearborn vandalized twice in a week. - Fire and graffiti at Dearborn mosque. — MISSOURI - Two arsons attacks on Joplin mosque, second destroyed it. NEVADA - Las Vegas mosque arson. — NEW HAMPSHIRE - Our Lady of the Cedars Melkite Church Arabic sign vandalized. NEW YORK - Elderly man beaten and stabbed when he came to open the doors of a Queen Mosque. - Masjid Darul Quran Mosque in N. Bayshore vandalized. - Fire bomb attack on Queens Imam al Khoei Mosque. OHIO Arson attack on Toledo Mosque. OKLAHOMA - Oklahoma City Mosque vandalized by paint balls fired at it. PENNSYLVANIA - St. Ann’s Arab Catholic Cathedral in Pottsville vandalized and Palestinian flags torn down. — RHODE ISLAND - N. Smithfield Mosque vandalized. — SOUTH CAROLINA - Rock Hills Mosque vandalized. — TENNESSEE - Man arrested for threats to blow up Murfreesboro mosque. — TEXAS - Man arrested for threatening to kill as many as possible at San Antonio Mosque. = A dead pig left outside a Houston mosque. — VIRGINIA - Harrisonburg Mosque vandalized. - Dar al Hijrah Mosque in Falls Church vandalized. —WISCONSIN - Terrorist attack on Sikh Temple (possibly thought it was a mosque).

http://www.aljazeera.com/indepth/opinion/2012/12/20121230135815198642.html

Also this article today in Al Jazeera .
The brain washing that has been witnessed since 9/11 is literally frightening .
Is this another symptom of America having lost its heart .
Isn't it time for the US to look to the role model of the UK and see how multi - culturism can work for the advancement of the whole nation .

Let's not talk about one or two incidents somehow supporting lunatic generalisations and acting as a feed for well known bigots here to further air their mad prejudices .

Peter1469
01-01-2013, 07:16 AM
I don't think there is any "brain washing" about Muslims in the US.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bDbpbiJE3mI

shaarona
01-01-2013, 09:20 AM
I don't think there is any "brain washing" about Muslims in the US.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bDbpbiJE3mI

That clip is from May 2000 in Lebanon.

Peter1469
01-01-2013, 09:48 AM
Really? There are plenty of clips of Muslims celebrating 9-11.

hanger4
01-01-2013, 09:50 AM
Hey Cary, I await your threads about anti christian violence and anti Jew violence in the US and around the world.

I await your threads about anti Muslim, anti christian violence and anti Jew violence in the UK.

BTW your list of "violence" was mostly acts of vandalism.

shaarona
01-01-2013, 09:59 AM

I was in Riyadh when Israel pulled out of Lebanon and saw that little fat lady over and over and over again on TV. File footage I guess.

Carygrant
01-01-2013, 10:29 AM
Hey Cary, I await your threads about anti christian violence and anti Jew violence in the US and around the world.

I await your threads about anti Muslim, anti christian violence and anti Jew violence in the UK.

BTW your list of "violence" was mostly acts of vandalism.

I do not defend or deny any of the other areas you highlight .
But this is an American site with almost 100% American representation . So to that extent it makes sense to talk about Islamophobia your perceived major hysteria from an outside perspective .
And many outsiders , me included , believe that the US perspective has gone ballistically crazy and since 9/11. I compare all of it with what is happening here in Team GB and I find the overall difference staggering .
We readily acknowledge that we have had instances of great seriousness but frankly you can almost list them over the last several years on one hand . And with the benefit of hindsight we were too tolerant in dealing with some mosques which had gone rotten and had become breeding grounds for possible future terrorists .Yet in terms of finding a balance and living in progressive harmony , we have so far done a tremendous job . That became evident to the world over the Olympic period this summer when many other parts of the world looked on with open mouths when they saw the degree of obvious integration and complete social tolerance and sharing which is our daily norm .
A a personal level I can only speak well of Moslems because that is what 99.9% are. Here . I always greet two or more already talking together as terrorists plotting and with the right body language it always immediately breaks any ice , if any should need breaking .
If we can do it , why can't you ?
A reasonable question because a successful answer is invaluable . imo .

Mister D
01-01-2013, 10:57 AM
http://www.islamophobia-watch.com/islamophobia-watch/category/uk

Seems the UK has quite a few entries! :shocked:

hanger4
01-01-2013, 11:01 AM
But this is an American site with almost 100% American representation . So to that extent it makes sense to talk about Islamophobia your perceived major hysteria from an outside perspective .
And many outsiders , me included , believe that the US perspective has gone ballistically crazy and since 9/11. I compare all of it with what is happening here in Team GB and I find the overall difference staggering .
We readily acknowledge that we have had instances of great seriousness but frankly you can almost list them over the last several years on one hand . And with the benefit of hindsight we were too tolerant in dealing with some mosques which had gone rotten and had become breeding grounds for possible future terrorists .Yet in terms of finding a balance and living in progressive harmony , we have so far done a tremendous job . That became evident to the world over the Olympic period this summer when many other parts of the world looked on with open mouths when they saw the degree of obvious integration and complete social tolerance and sharing which is our daily norm .
A a personal level I can only speak well of Moslems because that is what 99.9% are. Here . I always greet two or more already talking together as terrorists plotting and with the right body language it always immediately breaks any ice , if any should need breaking .

OH I don't know about your "If we can do it , why can't you ?" comment.

I find it interesting on this, obviously biased, site that the instance of documented bigotry is a 3 to 1 margin, UK over US

http://www.islamophobia-watch.com/

Mister D
01-01-2013, 11:02 AM
Laughing at Carygrant is all well and good...and fun. :grin: It needs to be pointed out, however, that Islamophobia is a term designed to stifle debate. It's nonsense.

Mister D
01-01-2013, 11:02 AM

I find it interesting on this, obviously biased, site that the instance of documented bigotry is a 3 to 1 margin, UK over US

Yep. :laugh:

Chris
01-01-2013, 11:55 AM
The OP points out perhaps a dozen individual incidents. That's a fact. But how does that fact rise to the level of "Anti Moslem violence spiralling into madness in US"? As others above have shown it no where even rises to the level of Islamism.

And what has any of this to do with religion or philosophy? Neither Islamism nor Islamphobia has to do with religion. Islamism is the politicization of a religion, Islamaphobia the fear of that.

Ivan88
01-02-2013, 12:03 PM
The attacks on "Islamic" property will be followed by similar things against Christian properties. It will escalate until we all end up in our own Bosnia/Kosovo, and our own Chechnya, our own Syria......all of which we attacked in various ways.

In Yugoslavia, we did attacks on the different factions and blamed it on the opposing faction. We assassinated the moderates and blamed it on the "other side". We escalated it and fed it with reactionary hatred and arms.

Then, under cover of the mass of "Muslims" the more "righteous" will have to go on Jihad against the "unbelievers" and in the end, Americans, who were so complacent about the millions of people's lives we destroyed in Libya, Iraq, Afghanistan, Syria, Chechnya and others, will get the priviledge and honor to experience the same here.

It doesn't have to happen.

Americans, if that is what we are, must confess the sins of our fathers and ourselves and repent, make restitution and follow America's Divine Mandate “to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of nature and of nature's God entitle them,”and to have “a decent respect to the opinions of mankind” as spelled out in our Declaration of Independence 1776.
http://mysite.verizon.net/ress8ouv/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/historyofusa.JPG

Peter1469
01-02-2013, 01:06 PM
???

Chris
01-02-2013, 04:39 PM

Indeed, the EDL (image below from link) is extremely violently Islamaphobic.

http://i.snag.gy/qkfOZ.jpg

They're the new fascists of England. Part of the reason Savage was banned was because he supports them.

roadmaster
01-04-2013, 12:38 PM
???
He is copying again. "Behold!" the Angel said "O Mary, God sends you glad tidings of a Word from Him: his name will be the Christ, Jesus, the son of Mary, held in honor in this world and the Hereafter and of (the company of) those nearest to God. He shall speak to the people in childhood and in maturity and he shall be (of the company) of the righteous." (Quran, 3:45-51). Just like I did from the Quran. The only difference Christians and Muslims should have is the divinity of Jesus the same as Jewish. Christians believe Jesus or Isa died for our sins and we must repent and be washed in the blood, or baptized. The Muslims and Jewish believe He was a prophet but the Muslims do believe He will be there or come back at the end times. If there weren't so many bad interpretations with hate out there leading ones astray we would all be united. In the Quran it also teaches a man to treat his wife well. Muslims also believe that Mary was a virgin and had Isa. I don't hate the Muslims or Jews but if they are not taught to respect Isa words and His message, then they become dangerous and think not only we are their enemy but others that have the similar faith.

nic34
01-04-2013, 12:47 PM

There are plenty of clips of Muslims denouncing 9-11.

roadmaster
01-04-2013, 12:56 PM

Not that many and the ones teaching them especially to the youth are out of control.

Chris
01-04-2013, 01:00 PM
Have to agree with nic on this. It is true you don't hear much of Muslim antagonism toward Islamists, but that, imo, is largely because of an anti-Muslim media--the media aren't just liberally biased.

Peter1469
01-04-2013, 02:28 PM

In crowds of thousands?

Calypso Jones
02-22-2015, 02:55 PM
spiraling out of control my narrow butt. LOL

CAIR unavailable for comment.

AUSTIN (http://www.kvue.com/story/news/local/2015/02/20/man-wanted-after-bomb-threats-towards-muslim-business-mosque/23734817/) — A man in his 50s is accused of making bomb threats at a Muslim business and the community center where he was staying Tuesday, according to a Travis County arrest affidavit.
According to the Austin Police Department, 54-year-old Azzam Ahmed Baytie made two bomb threats at a North Austin Muslim Community Center and a Middle Eastern-style food truck near the Arab Cowboy Cafe and Hookah Lounge. The community center is in North Austin, and the cafe is located in West Campus.
Staff at the community center called Austin-Travis County EMS just after 7 a.m. Tuesday. They said the man had some kind of medical issue, possibly psychiatric problems.
According to the arrest affidavit, police found Baytie rolling around the ground in front the community center. Baytie told medics he had taken five Ambilify to harm himself, a drug that treats schizophrenia, bipolar disorder and depression.

Mister D
02-22-2015, 03:03 PM
This thread is two years old.

PolWatch
02-22-2015, 03:10 PM

http://jeffbaij.com/blog/images/deadhorse.gif

Safety
02-22-2015, 05:27 PM
Damn, I know news travels slow in VA, but really, two years?

Howey
02-22-2015, 05:47 PM
Arab Cowboy Cafe and Hookah Lounge

lofl

Hal Jordan
02-22-2015, 07:00 PM
Damn, I know news travels slow in VA, but really, two years?

Hey, now... News doesn't travel all that slow around here...

By the way, have y'all heard that there was an attack on the World Trade Center? Some nutjobs flew planes into the twin towers! :shocked:

DonFrijoles
03-02-2015, 07:19 AM

Just exactly what is the issue of Islamophobia? I don't think it's unreasonable to be wary of a group whose ideology says that non believers should be killed.

To really solidify your position, you should be prepared to show what's good about their ideology. Tell us what is good about it. Support it with references, especially Koran and Hadith references.

Captain Obvious
03-02-2015, 08:51 AM
Carygrant - remember that old choad?

:biglaugh:

nic34
03-02-2015, 08:59 AM
I miss carey, colorful chap, kept you all on your toes as I recall..... paperback proly would have liked him....:laugh:

Cthulhu
03-02-2015, 02:13 PM
Christophobes.

Hey, we need a buzz word too.

Sent from my evil kitten eating cell phone.