PDA

View Full Version : Is Tebow Time Already Over

Conley
10-31-2011, 10:49 AM
There was no wild comeback for Tebow after a mostly bad performance like last week's against the inept Dolphins. Instead of playing poorly for 55 minutes before turning on the jets, Tebow was consistently bad for an entire game Sunday.

There was no playmaking. All we saw were badly overthrown passes, late decision-making and wild scrambles that netted little. Need statistical proof? Tebow was 18-of-39 passing for 172 yards. The Broncos had seven straight three-and-out drives, and Tebow had an interception and a fumble that were brought back for Detroit touchdowns.

“We are embarrassed,” Denver tight end Daniel Fells said.

http://espn.go.com/blog/afcwest/post/_/id/34680/time-for-elway-to-think-post-tebow

Harsh reviews coming out of Denver this morning.

MMC
10-31-2011, 10:58 AM
http://politirant.com/Smileys/oldrant/roflmao.gif

Give me a T.....give me an E.....give me a B.....give me an O.....give me a W.....

What's that Spell?

GROSSMAN!!!!! ;D

Conley
10-31-2011, 11:03 AM
The Detroit Lions (6-2) sacked Tebow seven times and turned his two turnovers into touchdowns as they snapped a two-game skid with a 45-10 victory over the Denver Broncos.

Lions linebacker Stephen Tulloch celebrated his sack of Tebow by joining the "Tebowing" craze, striking a prayerful pose near the prone second-year quarterback in the first half.

"I figured I'd get to him a couple of times this game and had an opportunity to get it in," Tulloch said. "It was a little fun, man. No disrespect to Tebow. I was just doing a little 'Tebowing.' It's fun when you go out there and get after it like we did."

Tebow started the phenomenon that went viral last week by dropping to a knee after his dazzling comeback, rallying the Broncos back from a 15-0 deficit in the final three minutes to pull out an 18-15 win.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/recap?gameId=311030007

That's pretty harsh, mocking the guy's religion. I'm not a Tebow fan nor a fundamentalist but I don't appreciate that.

MMC
10-31-2011, 11:27 AM
http://l.yimg.com/a/i/ww/news/2011/08/11/tebow-pd.jpg

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ms-silver_morning_rush_tebow_struggles_103111

Opponent: Tebow experiment is ‘embarrassing’

http://l.yimg.com/iu/api/res/1.2/BkyeP5.2JIPZfYV5gDUaWQ--/YXBwaWQ9eXZpZGVvO2NoPTMwMDtjcj0xO2N3PTIyMDtkeD0xO2 R5PTE7Zmk9dWxjcm9wO2g9MzAwO3E9MTAwO3c9MjIw/http://l.yimg.com/j/assets/ipt/Tim-Tebow-APstoryDelmas.jpg
Louis Delmas and the Lions turned Tim Tebow's world upside down.

“Can you believe ’15’?” one Detroit Lions defender asked after his team’s 45-10 immolation of Tebow and the Denver Broncos. “Come on – that’s embarrassing. I mean, it’s a joke. We knew all week that if we brought any kind of defensive pressure, he couldn’t do anything. In the second half it got boring out there. We were like, ‘Come on – that’s your quarterback? Seriously?’ ”

Words like atrocious, terrible, completely exposed and not even close to ready kept coming up in these conversations; a couple of Lions even used the term oh my god. They did not appear to be mocking Tebow’s devout Christian beliefs.

None of this was necessarily a surprise to the Broncos’ brass, including coach John Fox and executive vice president of football operations John Elway. Tebow’s flaws were obvious to all trained observers during training camp, which is why veteran Kyle Orton(notes) was named the team’s unquestioned starter in August.

Afterward, Fox refused to commit to Tebow as his starter for next Sunday’s game against the Raiders in Oakland. “It’s too early to say,” he told reporters.

A source familiar with the Broncos’ thinking said he expected Tebow to last another couple of games until – barring a dramatic improvement on the left-hander’s part – the team turns to current third-stringer Brady Quinn(notes), a 2007 first-round pick of the Cleveland Browns. The Broncos would then target a quarterback in the first round of next April’s draft, with a trio of Big 12 passers – Oklahoma’s Landry Jones, Baylor’s Robert Griffin and Oklahoma State’s Brandon Weeden – the likeliest candidates at this point. The draft’s projected top QB prize, Andrew Luck, would presumably be off the board before Denver picks.....snip~

Seems Elway don't care for him either. lol already lookin to trade him. :D

Captain Obvious
10-31-2011, 06:48 PM
This whole Tebow thing was media created. When he was drafted, he hadn't played one fucking down in the NFL and his jersey was top selling.

I understand the whole clean-cut kid thing and the desire to see a good guy succeed but honestly Tebow is getting shafted. He's been placed in a position of huge expectations and he's clearly not ready for the NFL. Will he be someday - who knows but sticking a kid out there, throwing him to the wolves when he's not prepared isn't doing him any favors.

It's the Browns syndrome all over, putting players out there to destroy their confidence in positions of guaranteed failure.

Conley
10-31-2011, 06:50 PM
I just saw the pick six he threw -- it was awful. Tebow's in a tough spot because he got drafted in the 2nd round by a coach who is no longer there. They're paying him a lot and usually 2nd round picks get into the lineup quickly. This is an aberration but I agree he's not being put in a position to succeed.

MMC
10-31-2011, 07:37 PM
Some have stepped up to the plate and made the transition. Usually when all other aspect of the team were in place. Look at Bradshaw's first year in the NFL. With Serious hitting going on. Less rules. Then that line came together and Bradshaw was throwing all over the place and taking off running, back then. The 4 Superbowls!

Captain Obvious
10-31-2011, 07:40 PM
Some have stepped up to the plate and made the transition. Usually when all other aspect of the team were in place. Look at Bradshaw's first year in the NFL. With Serious hitting going on. Less rules. Then that line came together and Bradshaw was throwing all over the place and taking off running, back then. The 4 Superbowls!

Bradshaw was awful when he first started during his second year - not as a rookie.

He was a #1 overall pick also.

MMC
10-31-2011, 07:57 PM

Bradshaw was awful when he first started during his second year - not as a rookie.

Same with Farve too. I think Marino was one that made the transition. Cant remember if Manning did.

Captain Obvious
10-31-2011, 08:00 PM

Same with Farve too. I think Marino was one that made the transition. Cant remember if Manning did.

I was chatting with Conley a few weeks ago about this but Manning started every game of his NFL career up until this year.

A pretty eye opening stat when you consider it.

Conley
10-31-2011, 08:01 PM
Yes the game is very different now. All the rules have been changed to make the passing game huge, and tons of rookies and second year players are having an easy time: Cam Newton, Stafford, etc. Brees, Brady, etc. with the thousands of passing yards per season. It's almost like the juicing era was in baseball, a different game.

Conley
10-31-2011, 08:01 PM

I was chatting with Conley a few weeks ago about this but Manning started every game of his NFL career up until this year.

A pretty eye opening stat when you consider it.

Yep, truly amazing.