PDA

View Full Version : Free Applebee Meals for Vets and Active Duty on Nov 11

Conley
10-31-2011, 07:24 PM
Applebee's Neighborhood Grill & Bar restaurants invite all active duty and veterans to one of 164 participating restaurants nationwide to pull up a chair for a delicious meal and heartfelt thanks this Veterans Day. With gratitude for their service and sacrifice, active duty and veterans will eat free at participating locations on Veterans Day (November 11, 2008) during regular business hours.

Veterans and active duty with proof of United States military service will be able to go to one of the participating Applebee's and select one complimentary entrée from a selection of delicious favorites: a savory House Sirloin, hearty Riblet Basket, zesty Fiesta Lime Chicken®, a juicy Quesadilla Burger or fresh Oriental Chicken Salad. All the traditional - sides are included.

"It's an honor to host an event that helps the neighborhood come together and say thanks to our veterans and active servicemen and women," said Mike Archer, President, Applebee's Services, Inc..

http://www.military.com/veterans-day/applebees-veterans-day.htm

MMC
10-31-2011, 07:59 PM
Yes.....we also have quite a few restaurants that are looking out for Vets too. I think it is Great! :)

Peter1469
10-31-2011, 08:21 PM
Hooters is as well.

Conley
10-31-2011, 08:25 PM
Hooters is as well.

Excellent. There's lunch and dinner and a bit of eye candy too ;)

Mister D
10-31-2011, 08:28 PM
Wow that's a pretty cool gesture. 8) Shitty food but it's the thought that counts.

Conley
10-31-2011, 08:32 PM
Wow that's a pretty cool gesture. 8) Shitty food but it's the thought that counts.

;D True but I wasn't going to mention that part. You're always pissing in the Cheerios :D

Mister D
10-31-2011, 08:45 PM

;D True but I wasn't going to mention that part. You're always pissing in the Cheerios :D

:D :D

Sorry, Applebee's is one of the worst chains in my opinion.

Conley
10-31-2011, 08:48 PM
:roflmao: It's all true. This board puts the brutal in brutal honesty.

Conley
10-31-2011, 08:52 PM
Off topic but USAA is an awesome company with good benefits for vets and families.

Mister D
10-31-2011, 08:54 PM
Off topic but USAA is an awesome company with good benefits for vets and families.

I feel kind of silly but what's that stand for? I know that's the Air Force acronym.

Conley
10-31-2011, 08:56 PM
United Services Automobile Association actually

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/USAA

We use them for all our insurance and banking. Their funds aren't great though, but better than many.

Mister D
10-31-2011, 09:01 PM

We use them for all our insurance and banking. Their funds aren't great though, but better than many.

It seems mostly (maybe exclusively?) oriented toward military personnel so I'm not surprised I'm not familiar with it.

Conley
10-31-2011, 09:04 PM

It seems mostly (maybe exclusively?) oriented toward military personnel so I'm not surprised I'm not familiar with it.

Yes, they opened up to a lot more people than they used to but some of the services are only available to service members and their immediate family. Anyhow, if vets are reading this they should check them out.

MMC
10-31-2011, 09:09 PM

So is the Order of the Purple Heart..... :)

We have Mom and Pop joints that give out coffee and hot chocalate to Vets in the Winter. Plus we have a group that goes downtown to give out blankets, and winter coats, etc etc to homeless Vets.

Mister D
10-31-2011, 09:18 PM
Who would choose to Chicago as a place to be homeless? ???

Conley
10-31-2011, 09:27 PM
Who would choose to Chicago as a place to be homeless? ???

It doesn't seem you'd be able to survive the winter.

MMC
10-31-2011, 09:39 PM
They do tho.....Most go underground down around Wacker Drive which is where you see some of the tunnels and what not from the movie Chuck Norris Did in Chicago. Good Guys Wear Black. Where he played a cop.

Then they find spots in the subway. All over the place. Despite the minus 30 degree weather and all. Wind Chill factors. Snow and Ice. They do what they got to do to survive.

Conley
10-31-2011, 09:58 PM
They do tho.....Most go underground down around Wacker Drive which is where you see some of the tunnels and what not from the movie Chuck Norris Did in Chicago. Good Guys Wear Black. Where he played a cop.

Then they find spots in the subway. All over the place. Despite the minus 30 degree weather and all. Wind Chill factors. Snow and Ice. They do what they got to do to survive.

Ah, I see. Yep, we all do what we have to to survive. They leave the subway tunnels open all night in Chitown?

MMC
10-31-2011, 10:12 PM

Ah, I see. Yep, we all do what we have to to survive. They leave the subway tunnels open all night in Chitown?

Trains run all nite long. 24 hour restaurants to sit in. Bus Stations, Train Stations, Bars that are open to 4 in the Morning. Plus Chicago has tunnels that run under the Government buildings and all around the Daley Center. There are buisness down in them. Restaurants. Elevators that lead to certain buildings. Escalators for upper and lower levels. All designed so that they wouldnt have to all be walking out in the traffic and with what already does. Those in the know. Get around the city much easier.

Conley
10-31-2011, 10:18 PM
Ah yeah, that makes sense. A whole underground system to avoid the snow. I have never been to Chicago...St. Louis was like that when I visited too. Midwestern winters :o

MMC
10-31-2011, 10:35 PM
Ah yeah, that makes sense. A whole underground system to avoid the snow. I have never been to Chicago...St. Louis was like that when I visited too. Midwestern winters :o

Winter Period.....Yuck! Think there will be much Holiday Spirit this year?

Conley
10-31-2011, 10:37 PM

If by Spirits you mean Alcohol then AFFIRMATIVE ;D

MMC
10-31-2011, 10:53 PM

If by Spirits you mean Alcohol then AFFIRMATIVE ;D

:D <smack> No not Alcohol! :D See round Chicago.....it gets dull, grey, dark, cold, less days with the Sun out. Then Night time comes. Then it's colder, darker, and everyone turns into a Grizzly and or Pit Bull. It gets so cold people dont even want to talk. Then Christmas comes and people will throw ya a smile or a Merry Christmas. Next day right back to pit-bull or grizzly Mode until New Years. Then it's party, have a good time, forget the cold, Good will and peace to mankind.

Next Day wake up to the New Year and the Dull Dark Grey Winter Wonderland. Off to Work and its right back to road rage. Pit-bulls and grizzlys. :-\