PDA

View Full Version : Reasons to vote for Cain

spunkloaf
11-01-2011, 09:00 AM
1. He's black. It worked for democrats.
2. His last name reminds us of the last GOP presidential candidate
3. He takes attention away from Ron Paul.

jgreer
11-01-2011, 09:03 AM
LOL

That's awesome!! Yep, that's about all he has going for him. Oh also his sexual harassment reminds people of Clarence Thomas, who Republicans loooooooooooooooooooove.

Conley
11-01-2011, 09:06 AM
Look, I love Paul too but he has no chance. At least with Cain he is closer to Paul than a lot of the other candidates. I mean would you rather have someone like Bachmann or Palin running the country? We could do a lot worse than Cain. I'm not sure we could do better at least in this election cycle.

MMC
11-01-2011, 09:42 AM
Look, I love Paul too but he has no chance. At least with Cain he is closer to Paul than a lot of the other candidates. I mean would you rather have someone like Bachmann or Palin running the country? We could do a lot worse than Cain. I'm not sure we could do better at least in this election cycle.

Agreed.....at least he has plans and talks about them. Like getting rid of the IRS and the Dept of Education. Same with his 999 plan which I do not agree with. Plus he knows about working the buisness side from the ground up and as a worker/owner. Nothing handed him to him on a silver platter like Romney. Cain worked for what he got and he got it the hard way. He earned it!

All before he began writing books and becoming a lobbyist. Although I do not know his stance on Foreign Policy, immigration, nor his stance on medicare and the insurance companies. Answers we should be geting soon.

spunkloaf
11-01-2011, 09:44 AM
For me, it's Ron Paul or Obama. Two completely different people, but the only ones worthy. To hell with Cain. Who the fuck is this guy anyways? Why does he get more attention than Ron Paul?

Oh well. Republicans don't have a chance. Looks like four more years of Obama. By then Ron Paul will be on his death bed.

Mister D
11-01-2011, 09:47 AM
For me, it's Ron Paul or Obama. Two completely different people, but the only ones worthy. To hell with Cain. Who the fuck is this guy anyways? Why does he get more attention than Ron Paul?

Oh well. Republicans don't have a chance. Looks like four more years of Obama. By then Ron Paul will be on his death bed.

Sure they do. If the economy does not improve Obama is toast.

Pendragon
11-01-2011, 09:51 AM
I do not understand how one could be for both Obama and Paul. Their philosophies of government are almost in polar opposition to each other. However they are both committed to reduced military activity and spending so that is a positive both men share.

Herman Cain is an empty suit who thus far does not appear willing (or able) to provide any deeper discussion regarding how he would approach governing from the highest office in the land. He is merely a source of hope and change (ha!) for those Republicans who have not warmed to Romney. Make no mistake the Grand Ol Party is mired in a rut and it does not appear they will be able to extricate themselves any time soon.

MMC
11-01-2011, 09:53 AM

Thats Okay then he kid will run in his place.....and tradition will continue.

Conley
11-01-2011, 10:03 AM

Yes, I think Rand Paul will be much more electable and someone that we can all get behind. He's getting experience as a senator and hopefully in 2016 he runs.

MMC
11-01-2011, 10:13 AM

Yes, I think Rand Paul will be much more electable and someone that we can all get behind. He's getting experience as a senator and hopefully in 2016 he runs.

Not to mention Mitch Daniels is out there and a possibility for 2016 as well. Ryan possibly. ;)

Mister D
11-01-2011, 10:16 AM
I do not understand how one could be for both Obama and Paul. Their philosophies of government are almost in polar opposition to each other. However they are both committed to reduced military activity and spending so that is a positive both men share.

Herman Cain is an empty suit who thus far does not appear willing (or able) to provide any deeper discussion regarding how he would approach governing from the highest office in the land. He is merely a source of hope and change (ha!) for those Republicans who have not warmed to Romney. Make no mistake the Grand Ol Party is mired in a rut and it does not appear they will be able to extricate themselves any time soon.

I described Obama the same way in 2008. That is, he was an empty suit.

Conley
11-01-2011, 10:20 AM
Yes. I think people are so eager to find someone that any newcomer about whom not much is known will get a boost from that. I also think that Romney is not as appealing because has already run once and lost.

spunkloaf
11-01-2011, 10:27 AM

It's a stalemate either way. The American people are sheep, but they are not completely dumb. They know republicans are just as responsible for the lack of progress as democrats are. The big turn-off for the left wing is the fact that Obama is engaging in more wars than Bush has. But the irony is that war is producing more results on Obama's watch than they did on Bush's.

The economy is the big issue. But people also realize the economy suffered before a democrat took office. I would say the election could come close.

Liberals adore Ron Paul. If the right wing really wanted to win, they would weaken the competition by drawing voters away from the left wing base. That would be people like me. And there's a shitload of spunkloafs out there.

But if the right wing mocks a lefty trend by putting a black person at the forefront of the discussion all the time, no matter how the right tries to justify it any other way, then they are going to lose. Obama will win the Black Wars.

Mister D
11-01-2011, 10:30 AM

It's a stalemate either way. The American people are sheep, but they are not completely dumb. They know republicans are just as responsible for the lack of progress as democrats are. The big turn-off for the left wing is the fact that Obama is engaging in more wars than Bush has. But the irony is that war is producing more results on Obama's watch than they did on Bush's.

The economy is the big issue. But people also realize the economy suffered before a democrat took office. I would say the election could come close.

Liberals adore Ron Paul. If the right wing really wanted to win, they would weaken the competition by drawing voters away from the left wing base. That would be people like me. And there's a shitload of spunkloafs out there.

But if the right wing mocks a lefty trend by putting a black person at the forefront of the discussion all the time, no matter how the right tries to justify it any other way, then they are going to lose. Obama will win the Black Wars.

Thankfully, no one would try such a foolish strategy. No offense but trying to draw off left wing kooks is a losing one.

As for blacks, the GOP shouldn't even pay attention to them.

MMC
11-01-2011, 10:56 AM

Thankfully, no one would try such a foolish strategy. No offense but trying to draw off left wing kooks is a losing one.

As for blacks, the GOP shouldn't even pay attention to them.

http://ts3.mm.bing.net/images/thumbnail.aspx?q=1242125439126&id=c88d0c32e0168565c28b770f77242b80

Honest D.....it came out of SD. Never Trust those Chargers! ;D

Mister D
11-01-2011, 11:06 AM
He's from Minnesota! ;D

Mr. Wonderful
11-01-2011, 11:18 AM
If liberals are afraid of Cain (which they clearly are) then that means he's doing the right things!

Mr. Wonderful
11-01-2011, 11:19 AM

What you wrote really shocks me. Its not really the content, its that you can count to three.

Mister D
11-01-2011, 11:25 AM
If liberals are afraid of Cain (which they clearly are) then that means he's doing the right things!

What I find most abhorrent is the hypocrisy of liberals who turn a blind eye to the Uncle Tom and race traitor remarks so often directed toward black conservatives/Republicans. Can you imagine the nuclear fallout if white candidates refrred to one another as race traitors?

spunkloaf
11-01-2011, 03:19 PM

What you wrote really shocks me. Its not really the content, its that you can count to three.

Oh look, it's the little bitch again. How's it goin? You wont be so shocked by my abilities once you learn to do it also. ;)

spunkloaf
11-01-2011, 03:30 PM
He's from Minnesota! ;D

I love it when you think you told me, and people praise you for pwning me because they can't do it themselves.

Kiss-asses. No names. ::)

Anyways, the reason the GOP will lose is because they have their heads up their asses and they are trying to get people excited about silly things. They don't want to accept responsibility for anything and they wont back their most powerful candidate because he doesn't follow their agenda. In short it is the most arrogant group of humans I know to exist today.

Obama is a tool. Accepted. But guess what? He's not the GOP's tool. And to me, that's good news. :)

So if they are not going to convince liberals to vote conservative, what exactly is their plan sir? Are they hoping on getting more people to vote who have not previously voted?

Mister D
11-01-2011, 03:33 PM
He's from Minnesota! ;D

I love it when you think you told me, and people praise you for pwning me because they can't do it themselves.

Kiss-asses. No names. ::)

Anyways, the reason the GOP will lose is because they have their heads up their asses and they are trying to get people excited about silly things. They don't want to accept responsibility for anything and they wont back their most powerful candidate because he doesn't follow their agenda. In short it is the most arrogant group of humans I know to exist today.

Obama is a tool. Accepted. But guess what? He's not the GOP's tool. And to me, that's good news. :)

So if they are not going to convince liberals to vote conservative, what exactly is their plan sir? Are they hoping on getting more people to vote who have not previously voted?

What? ??? High much?

Conley
11-01-2011, 03:36 PM
I have just come to accept that like a lot of things in life this board will follow the 80 / 20 rule.

80% of the posts I'll understand, the other 20% is a lost cause :D

MMC
11-01-2011, 05:41 PM
I have just come to accept that like a lot of things in life this board will follow the 80 / 20 rule.

80% of the posts I'll understand, the other 20% is a lost cause :D

Ring Girl Faints at Mayweather VS Mosley Press Conference While Oscar De La Hoya Speaks (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lm-yOOLvERg#)

And the Password is.....Feint! :D

GRUMPY
11-01-2011, 06:06 PM

paul while right on the numbers is a foreign policy nightmare....no ronnie, 9-11 was not our fault and yes ronnie iran armed with nukes is an unacceptable risk for this nation....and no ronnie the killing of alwalki or whatever is not an impeachable offense and no ronnie we should not just trade with anyone and no ronnie green cards for illegals is not the answer and yes ronnie you did sound rather ridiculous stating that a fence on the southern border might be used to keep americans in and yes ronnie it is misleading at the least to state that the usa has her military stretched to 135 countries and further your willingness to take earmarks while attacking earmarks while slickly articulated is just that, slick.....but still he is damn spot on with regard to economics and limited govt.....no one out of the rep side will be perfect but even romney is better than what we have.....tried to warn people as to who and what obama is but few would listen.....obama is a reflection of our souls, our apathy, or addiction to govt largess and our embrace of moral relativism....by the way conley putting aside bachmann's inarticulate presentation of conservatism what would be so bad with either bachmann or palin as prez.....

Conley
11-01-2011, 06:31 PM

paul while right on the numbers is a foreign policy nightmare....no ronnie, 9-11 was not our fault and yes ronnie iran armed with nukes is an unacceptable risk for this nation....and no ronnie the killing of alwalki or whatever is not an impeachable offense and no ronnie we should not just trade with anyone and no ronnie green cards for illegals is not the answer and yes ronnie you did sound rather ridiculous stating that a fence on the southern border might be used to keep americans in and yes ronnie it is misleading at the least to state that the usa has her military stretched to 135 countries and further your willingness to take earmarks while attacking earmarks while slickly articulated is just that, slick.....but still he is damn spot on with regard to economics and limited govt.....no one out of the rep side will be perfect but even romney is better than what we have.....tried to warn people as to who and what obama is but few would listen.....obama is a reflection of our souls, our apathy, or addiction to govt largess and our embrace of moral relativism....by the way conley putting aside bachmann's inarticulate presentation of conservatism what would be so bad with either bachmann or palin as prez.....

I will discuss Bachmann and Palin later.

For now let me say that you are correct in that Paul has his issues especially with foreign policy, but as you yourself stated none of the candidates are without flaws. In my mind his insistence on a limited federal government is what sets him apart from all others and is really the key to the rest of the solutions. Immigration and other issues can be addressed without the Justice Department interfering as they currently do. I do not believe that any of the other candidates Bachmann and Palin included would take any steps to shrink DC significantly so in that sense I believe he is the best representation of what true conservatives stand for.

GRUMPY
11-01-2011, 07:06 PM

I will discuss Bachmann and Palin later.

For now let me say that you are correct in that Paul has his issues especially with foreign policy, but as you yourself stated none of the candidates are without flaws. In my mind his insistence on a limited federal government is what sets him apart from all others and is really the key to the rest of the solutions. Immigration and other issues can be addressed without the Justice Department interfering as they currently do. I do not believe that any of the other candidates Bachmann and Palin included would take any steps to shrink DC significantly so in that sense I believe he is the best representation of what true conservatives stand for.

while our domestic situation is on the verge of collapse such a collapse while painful might provide the impetus for a constitutional renaissance, although even as i state this i am aware of the habit of man to seek solutions within govt in times of crisis this being what the left banks on.......still an emerging china an unchecked iran and growing islamic fascism present a future with ww3 implications......would have no problem voting for palin.....

Captain Obvious
11-01-2011, 07:22 PM
A conservative candidate is going to have a number of issues to deal with.

Short list:

1) The economy, jobs, foreign competition
2) Spending - or areas where spending is sorely needed and areas where spending is hugely irresponsible
3) Terrorism
4) Healthcare reform

Just a short list although there are many other subplots to this story.

What the hell does Palin bring to the table to deal with these issues? What experience does she have? Governor of Alaska - might as well be a manager of 7/11, and she bailed out on Alaska in mid term.

Obama is a great divider, no big surprise here. Palin is cut from that same cloth except on the other side of the spectrum. She's the GOP version of Obama. She brings little experience to the table, a lot of glam and rhetoric, the ability to whip the sheep into a frenzy but when it comes time to deliver - what is she going to deliver? What leadership qualities does she have or has she demonstrated.

Palin = Obama, I would vote against her. The POTUS needs a true conservative, not a poser.

Mister D
11-01-2011, 08:58 PM
Conservatives are in sort supply.

spunkloaf
11-02-2011, 12:06 AM

So are real liberals.

MMC
11-02-2011, 12:58 AM

So are real liberals.

So are Real Conservatives.

spunkloaf
11-02-2011, 07:20 AM

So are real liberals.

Please don't double-post something somebody already said. Thanks.

MMC
11-02-2011, 07:56 AM

So are real liberals.

Please don't double-post something somebody already said. Thanks.

Sorry about that Spunk....I believe I was dealing with another matter when I posted up I didnt see that it had been already. Not that you would have discounted anyways. NP!

Mister D
11-02-2011, 07:57 AM

So are real liberals.

Real liberals have controlled the US since 1945 and much of the world as well. We live under a liberal regime.

Conley
11-02-2011, 02:21 PM

.....no one out of the rep side will be perfect but even romney is better than what we have.....

I took that as a semi-endorsement of Romney. That's about the nicest thing you've ever said about anyone Grump ;) :D

So tell us who you're backing and why?

GRUMPY
11-02-2011, 02:31 PM

.....no one out of the rep side will be perfect but even romney is better than what we have.....

I took that as a semi-endorsement of Romney. That's about the nicest thing you've ever said about anyone Grump ;) :D

couldn't pick one, i have problems with them all, whether it is paul's obtuse approach to foreign policy or the lack of specificity/clarity/consistency from all of the others....what i am saying that all though obviously flawed are a step in the right direction.....romney and perry are the ones that i question the most because i sense that they are two peas in a pod, big govt boys....

Mister D
11-02-2011, 02:35 PM

couldn't pick one, i have problems with them all, whether it is paul's obtuse approach to foreign policy or the lack of specificity/clarity/consistency from all of the others....what i am saying that all though obviously flawed are a step in the right direction.....romney and perry are the ones that i question the most because i sense that they are two peas in a pod, big govt boys....

It's a big government party. I share your reservations regarding Paul and I also agree that any of the primary GOP candidates are better than Obama. That said, I'm not sure who I would prefer. They all have gtheir issues and I don't find any of them particularly appealing.

Conley
11-02-2011, 02:44 PM
You may disagree with Paul's positions, but you can't knock the man's consistency. He has stuck to his beliefs for years and years and has no problem stating then in exact terms.

He is also the only candidate serious about reigning in the federal government. None of the others make it a talking point and some of their ideas (a national sales tax) show that there will be even more bloat if they make it to the office.

No other national politician even come close to Paul in either of those two areas. For that I will always give the man my respect and attention, even if I disagree with some of this positions. Since he would be dealing with Congress as well I believe a compromise could be met on some of his more radical positions. The point is that we would be moving in the right direction.

Mister D
11-02-2011, 02:49 PM
You may disagree with Paul's positions, but you can't knock the man's consistency. He has stuck to his beliefs for years and years and has no problem stating then in exact terms.

He is also the only candidate serious about reigning in the federal government. None of the others make it a talking point and some of their ideas (a national sales tax) show that there will be even more bloat if they make it to the office.

No other national politician even come close to Paul in either of those two areas. For that I will always give the man my respect and attention, even if I disagree with some of this positions. Since he would be dealing with Congress as well I believe a compromise could be met on some of his more radical positions. The point is that we would be moving in the right direction.

I don't disagree but we are living in volatile times. Paul's foreign policy liability counts for more than it otherwise would.

jgreer
11-02-2011, 02:51 PM
Ron Paul and his supporters are basically a joke at this point in the election. How many times is that old man going to go up on stage and spout his mealy mouthed gibberish?

Mister D
11-02-2011, 02:57 PM
Ron Paul and his supporters are basically a joke at this point in the election. How many times is that old man going to go up on stage and spout his mealy mouthed gibberish?

We know you prefer vapid rhetoric like "hope and change".

jgreer
11-02-2011, 02:58 PM
Come on really?

Paul and his supporters are a national joke. If you disagree tell me why. You've seen the Ron Paul supporters, right? They look and act like crazy people.

Mister D
11-02-2011, 03:02 PM
Come on really?

Paul and his supporters are a national joke. If you disagree tell me why. You've seen the Ron Paul supporters, right? They look and act like crazy people.

What do you disagree with?

jgreer
11-02-2011, 03:20 PM
Come on really?

jgreer
11-02-2011, 03:23 PM

So are real liberals.

We are here Spunkloaf. We are the real liberals.

Mister D
11-02-2011, 03:35 PM
Come on really?

One is not obligated to prove a negative, greer. ::)

jgreer
11-02-2011, 04:51 PM
But you just asked me the same question I ask you. And right after I asked it. So.......

Mister D
11-02-2011, 05:19 PM
But you just asked me the same question I ask you. And right after I asked it. So.......

Nonsense. You asked me to prove a negative. I'm under no obligation to do so. If you don't what you disagree with RP about, that's fine. I figured you just heard something somewhere and it became your opinion.

jgreer
11-02-2011, 05:37 PM
No one is under obligation to do anything, its a free forum. You obviously cant say why you think Paul is relevant when the polls show he obviously isn't. That's fine. Paul is popular with people who like to complain but dont have any real solutions so I can see why some people on here like him.

Mister D
11-02-2011, 05:47 PM
No one is under obligation to do anything, its a free forum. You obviously cant say why you think Paul is relevant when the polls show he obviously isn't. That's fine. Paul is popular with people who like to complain but dont have any real solutions so I can see why some people on here like him.

So you don't know why you disagree with Paul? I didn't think so. Don't let others do your thinking for you, greer. It just makes you look stupid.

wingrider
11-02-2011, 09:18 PM
the reason I would vote for Cain is because he isn't Obama,, I don't need any other reason.

Conley
11-02-2011, 09:21 PM
the reason I would vote for Cain is because he isn't Obama,, I don't need any other reason.

:D Aint that the truth...still while I know I won't be voting for the big O I will still consider the Libertarian candidate and perhaps some others.

wingrider
11-02-2011, 09:26 PM

:D Aint that the truth...still while I know I won't be voting for the big O I will still consider the Libertarian candidate and perhaps some others.

I would love to see a third party candidate make it all the way.. guess I will watch the process and make a firm decision just before I pull the lever..but for Now its

abbo

Conley
11-02-2011, 09:29 PM
:D

ABBO

Hadn't heard that one but I figured out what it stood for...I like that!

freecell
11-03-2011, 02:47 AM

Me too. Cain is a whole lot better than Obama

GRUMPY
11-03-2011, 05:35 AM

accepting earmarks while slamming earmarks is not consistent.....twisting facts ie the military in 135 countries is disingenuous.....and floating the idea of green cards for illegals while portraying ones self as strongly in favor of defending our sovereignty is both inconsistent and disingenuous.....regardless, everytime paul opens his mouth and speaks of foreign policy he loses votes and convinces anyone not born yesterday that he is flat out nuts....would vote for rand paul by contrast in a heartbeat.....what i do respect of paul is that he is the only one who has concretely linked the size/scope/growth of govt to the problems of the day and his suggestions towards reducing our budget deficits/debt are spot on.....cannot have a discussion of tax reform, that does not include fundamentally redressing our wandering off the constitutional reservation......

MMC
11-03-2011, 06:16 AM

Me too. Cain is a whole lot better than Obama

Wb FC.....long time no see. Ya need to come round heres more FC. Kick you shoes off and sit a spell.

Quite Interesting here. Havent been back to PH. Got an email from Wind. It was the only way he could reach me. Well, thats not true he could have stopped in here. I sent him the link. Seraph still running things for Amit over there since he doesnt want to deal with the Hair Corp Club Members? You can check with Channelfuse. According to them Amit still owns the site. Along with his other 5 or 6 sites.

I hear the Posse wants to forget me as much as they can. Should be no problem for them since I havent gone back. Nor will I! But any of them are welcome to come here. Especially Slingers ass. Heya, you could tell Hollywood that is old nemesis Right is here. He calls himself Cruel now. Maybe Wood will drop in. Plus he is a Vet even tho he is a lefty. Tell him the one from Revere's Old Site.

But as you can see we are starting to get members. Also IBB is here as well. Does he ever post up anything except his messages from Anonymous at PH? Ya should take a look around. Our Videos for whatever Music is looking better than what PH's is. Especially our JukeBox. Tho I got to admit the Rap thread at PH is better. More people participating. Same with the other Music video's we have. The libs havent hardly contributed. Which is surprising. One would think Music is a Universal language.

Anyhow good seeing ya return. Ya'll come back now, ya hear! ;)

Conley
11-04-2011, 01:30 PM

accepting earmarks while slamming earmarks is not consistent.....twisting facts ie the military in 135 countries is disingenuous.....and floating the idea of green cards for illegals while portraying ones self as strongly in favor of defending our sovereignty is both inconsistent and disingenuous.....regardless, everytime paul opens his mouth and speaks of foreign policy he loses votes and convinces anyone not born yesterday that he is flat out nuts....would vote for rand paul by contrast in a heartbeat.....what i do respect of paul is that he is the only one who has concretely linked the size/scope/growth of govt to the problems of the day and his suggestions towards reducing our budget deficits/debt are spot on.....cannot have a discussion of tax reform, that does not include fundamentally redressing our wandering off the constitutional reservation......

How do we even know what Rand Paul's foreign policy would be?

Given that he is a senator from Kentucky, has he had any first hand experience? Is he on any committees relevant to FP?

I like the idea of a more moderate Ron Paul but I haven't seen or heard enough from Rand to know how I would feel about him as a presidential candidate.

spunkloaf
11-05-2011, 12:47 AM

So are real liberals.

Real liberals have controlled the US since 1945 and much of the world as well. We live under a liberal regime.

Says you, living in an anti-liberal world that we are currently in.

Nothing you can say for liberals will be without disdain.

Mr. Wonderful
11-07-2011, 05:40 PM
We have disdain for liberals because they deserve it. This thread alone is evidence of that!

For the record Cain beats Paul on Foreign Policy and just about everything else. He will shrink the federal government but not put us as risk doing so.

Mister D
11-07-2011, 06:51 PM

So are real liberals.

That's for sure. That said, liberals have controlled this state since 1945.

spunkloaf
11-07-2011, 10:44 PM

So are real liberals.

Then I guess the fact that our country is still around after 66 years is not something you'd like to celebrate.

wingrider
11-08-2011, 12:34 AM

So are real liberals.

Then I guess the fact that our country is still around after 66 years is not something you'd like to celebrate.

the real question here is

can America afford another 66 years of liberal ideology and still exist?

jgreer
11-08-2011, 12:21 PM
This country has had the most success of any country ever since 1945. So it looks like the liberal way is working.

Mister D
11-08-2011, 12:26 PM
This country has had the most success of any country ever since 1945. So it looks like the liberal way is working.

Liberalism as in open markets, individualism etc. You bumpkins really do need to understand your terms.

jgreer
11-08-2011, 12:30 PM

Liberalism as in open markets, individualism etc. You bumpkins really do need to understand your terms.

What?

Now you are changing your argument. I guess you agree that real liberals have done a great job.

Mister D
11-08-2011, 12:32 PM

What?

Now you are changing your argument. I guess you agree that real liberals have done a great job.

How am I changing my argument? Don;t blame me becasue you just don't understand what the terms actually mean. ::)

jgreer
11-08-2011, 12:37 PM
So you agree the liberal you are talking about is a good thing?

Mister D
11-08-2011, 12:39 PM
So you agree the liberal you are talking about is a good thing?

Not really.

jgreer
11-08-2011, 12:40 PM
You are just going in circles.

Facts: liberals in charge since 1945, best times this country have ever had. Just the facts.

Mister D
11-08-2011, 12:44 PM
You are just going in circles.

Facts: liberals in charge since 1945, best times this country have ever had. Just the facts.

How?

No, that's just a perspective liberalism has implanted in you to the exclusion of all other values. I don't equate mere material prosperity (BTW, the bill has come due) with "best times".

GRUMPY
11-08-2011, 03:41 PM

How do we even know what Rand Paul's foreign policy would be?

Given that he is a senator from Kentucky, has he had any first hand experience? Is he on any committees relevant to FP?

I like the idea of a more moderate Ron Paul but I haven't seen or heard enough from Rand to know how I would feel about him as a presidential candidate.

on a second look i am not sure that he is more moderate, by reputation he is a conservative that believes in a strong national defense, but he has also made statements that appear to oppose a military strike on iran.....of course he has stopped short of blaming this nation for 9-11 and has stated the following...."when i prioritize spending, i think national defense is a constitutional function of government, so i think it would have a priority for me over all other spending.".....but still you have a point i am going on reputation provided by the former sdml who is quite the follower of ron and seems to know more than a little re rand....don't care if he ever served on a committee regarding foreign policy, that really really is irrelevant.....

spunkloaf
11-08-2011, 04:23 PM

What?

How am I changing my argument? Don;t blame me becasue you just don't understand what the terms actually mean. ::)

It's your responsibility to explain why liberalism is to blame, and you're failing big time.