User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Congressional Black Caucus Is Reportedly Denying Entry to Black Republican.....

Original Ranter
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 0.2%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassOverdriveTagger First Class50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    MMC's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 39,163x in 27,727 Posts
    Mentioned
    243 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Congressional Black Caucus Is Reportedly Denying Entry to Black Republican.....

The Congressional Black Caucus has denied entry to a black congressman because he’s a Republican, according to a BuzzFeed News report.

New members who were sworn into office at the start of the year were inducted into the group of black lawmakers months ago, but Rep. Byron Donalds (R-FL) was not invited.

There are no Republicans currently in the group, but the CBC extended an invitation to Sen. Tim Scott in 2010 when he was elected as a U.S. representative. He declined to join, but former Rep. Mia Love, despite initial objections to the group, did become a member in 2015.

The alleged refusal to extend an invitation to Donalds may go back to Jan. 6, according to BuzzFeed, as Donalds was among the Republicans who objected to the certification of the Electoral College count.

A spokesperson for the CBC would not respond to whether the group is blocking Donalds, but told The Hill in a statement they are "committed to fighting for issues that support Black communities, including the police accountability bill, protecting voting rights, and a jobs bill that helps our communities.”.....snip~

Congressional Black Caucus Is Reportedly Denying Entry to Black Republican by Leah Barkoukis (townhall.com)

The Democrats say they will work with those that share their values. Wouldnt answer the question if Jan 6th is the reason they arent inviting him.
    History does not long Entrust the care of Freedom, to the Weak or Timid!!!!! Dwight D. Eisenhower ~

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MMC For This Useful Post:

Common (06-10-2021),MisterVeritis (06-10-2021)

Overall activity: 100.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteranOverdriveSocial
    Awards:
    Frequent Poster
    Tahuyaman's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 76,964x in 55,592 Posts
    Mentioned
    700 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Congressional Black Caucus Is Reportedly Denying Entry to Black Republican.....

This has happened before.
    When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic.“ - Benjamin Franklin.

“When people get used to preferential treatment equal treatment seems like discrimination.” - Thomas Sowell

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Tahuyaman For This Useful Post:

MMC (06-10-2021)

Achievements:
    Awards:
    Frequent Poster
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    700 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    There has been a time where a black Republican or two was invited to join, but those occasions are so rare they are irrelevant.
    When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic.“ - Benjamin Franklin.

“When people get used to preferential treatment equal treatment seems like discrimination.” - Thomas Sowell

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Tahuyaman For This Useful Post:

MMC (06-10-2021)

Original Ranter
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassOverdriveTagger First Class50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    243 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tahuyaman View Post
    There has been a time where a black Republican or two was invited to join, but those occasions are so rare they are irrelevant.
    Thats because they dont share Democrats values.....also known as Deviant values.
    History does not long Entrust the care of Freedom, to the Weak or Timid!!!!! Dwight D. Eisenhower ~

Original Ranter
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    243 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Byron Donalds Brings the Heat Against CNN Anchor After Suggesting He Is Incompatible for the CBC.....

Rep. Byron Donalds' (R-FL) interview with CNN's Brianna Keilar got a little heated as they were discussing how he has been denied membership in the Congressional Black Caucus on Thursday.

Keilar suggested Donalds' support for former President Donald Trump is "incongruent with the mission of the CBC" because of Trump's past controversial statements.

"First of all, whatever the president said in the past has nothing to do with this discussion at all. I think it’s important to understand that..." Donalds began to reply.
    Keilar began to interject about how Donalds has defended Trump in the past, with Donalds telling Keilar to not cut him off, given he had not interrupted her during the interview.

"As a black man in America, I’m allowed to have my own thoughts on who I choose to support and who I choose not to support. I think that it’s important whether you’re talking about the Congressional Black Caucus or the Florida State Legislative Black Caucus or The National Caucus of State Black Legislators, organizations I have been a part of in the past, my support of President Trump has been consistent, but at the same time, I’ve had the ability to advocate for issues, ideas, proposals, and funding that have helped the black community in my state. You are talking to somebody who my first three years in college was at Florida A&M, an HBCU," Donalds said.

"The Congressional Black Caucus has a stated commitment to ensuring Black Americans have the opportunity to achieve the American Dream. As a newly elected Black Member of Congress, my political party should not exempt me from a seat at the table dedicated to achieving this goal. As a young Black man who grew up in the inner city of Brooklyn in a single-parent household, my achieving of the American Dream would be a valued addition to the CBC and one that should transcend politics," Donalds said in a statement to Townhall......snip~

Byron Donalds Brings the Heat Against CNN Anchor After Suggesting He Is Incompatible for the CBC by Julio Rosas (townhall.com)

Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    Common's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 18,315x in 10,924 Posts
    Mentioned
    396 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Theyve been doing that...see its not a "BLACK" caucus its a " BLACK LIBERAL ACTIVIST" caucus
    LETS GO BRANDON
    F Joe Biden

Level completed: 77%, Points required for next Level: 311
    Overall activity: 14.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Omar's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 7,522x in 4,632 Posts
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The left wants the Republican black Senators to sit in the back of the bus.

Level completed: 43%, Points required for next Level: 571
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsVeteran
    goodpen's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 2,129x in 1,281 Posts
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A caucus such as the Black caucus says they are only interested in working for those of one skin color ..their own. At the same time they scream ...all others ...need to do this and that and more of it for them.

Achievements:
    Awards:
    Frequent Poster
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    700 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by goodpen View Post
    A caucus such as the Black caucus says they are only interested in working for those of one skin color ..their own. At the same time they scream ...all others ...need to do this and that and more of it for them.
    One skin color holding a left wing ideology.

+ Reply to Thread