Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 4,562x in 3,590 Posts
    Mentioned
    295 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DGUtley View Post
    Richard, we've talked about this. It was a policy issue - nobody said that they voted for Trump b/c of his morals. The stated policies of Trump versus the stated policies of Clinton. We understand. You've said that you would vote for someone supporting policies that were horrendously atrociously bad for the country but someone you liked over someone you disliked with good policies for the country. You guys did a really nice job of keeping the Trump hate going 24/7/365/4.

As it is - who's the really immoral one? Hint: Fusion GPS.....

Is your anger really truly over the fact that we smelly walmart loving backward ass dumb $#@! hicks (your side's words) in flyover country just don't agree with you super smart elites there in Washington and made it so that you couldn't get Hillary's policies through?
    He is an amoral moron. You don't put an amoral moron in charge of the most powerful government in the history of earth because you like his policies.

If the nominees had been reversed, I'd have voted for the Republican in a heartbeat over a Democrat as profoundly incapable as Trump.

Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 88.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassYour first GroupOverdrive50000 Experience PointsTagger First ClassVeteran
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Chris's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 80,905x in 54,720 Posts
    Mentioned
    2011 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Unbelievable, even in a thread like this!
    Tradition is not the worship of ashes, but the preservation of fire. ― Gustav Mahler

Level completed: 29%, Points required for next Level: 2,862
    Overall activity: 22.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranTagger First Class50000 Experience Points
    Dr. Who's Avatar Advisor
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 12,933x in 8,811 Posts
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by midcan5 View Post
    Hard question. I used to be online more as I felt you could share information, and books especially, that would help all of us know a bit more. But people are locked in their mental rooms and don't want to come out for fear what the room provides may be not be the real world. Most live in bubbles that reflect back what they want to see. You see that on this site as nonsense get repeated and repeated and.... A kind of circle jerk in which the enemy is clear, usually a leftist or BLM or democrat or.... On most so called conservative sites I am quickly banned, which kinda makes me laugh as I am conservative. But conservative in America today has changed and is autocratic etc etc etc.

Back to your query - I find it interesting and still challenging reading what many Americans have become in these last fifty years or so. Makes one sad but interesting too how certain media sources and dark money can control the minds of so many.

For the reader this book is superb as covers lots of how and why we got here. It is much broader than its title. Also a book on thought control.

'The Cult of Trump: A Leading Cult Expert Explains How the President Uses Mind Control' Steven Hassan

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/...-cult-of-trump

"Human beings have been trying to change each others' minds since they first discovered they had them." Kathleen Taylor

'Brainwashing: The Science of Thought Control' Kathleen Taylor

https://www.goodreads.com/en/book/sh...6.Brainwashing

"People who work with victims of cults, for example, often observe that the new beliefs are associated with extremely emotional states. Challenging such a belief rationally is difficult if not impossible. The victim not only perceives any such challenge as hostile but refuses to engage in rational debate..."
    I think some of the problem with rational debates these days is the incredible amount of truly inconsequential and isolated incidents now being reported as 'news'. It's so simple now to aggregate isolated incidents that in the past wouldn't have rated even a mention on the last page of a small town newspaper.

Today some disgruntled or offended person posts a video on social media, accompanied by some expression of outrage, and it inspires a feeding frenzy by the online gossip colony. Suddenly, the fact that people who simply love to express outrage about any little thing, are emoting all over the internet, making an unnewsworthy item, big news, and it works its way through the non mainstream partisan media sources until if finally shows up in the national media.

If five similar incidents occur in a country of over 300M people, it's an epidemic. Political talking heads and partisan media start spinning these stories and imbuing them with grave political implications and suggestions that they are damning evidence of a nefarious plot by 'them' to carry out their dastardly agenda.

Actual journalism is becoming extinct. The national media increasingly relies social media to feed its headlines and fill their coffers. An increasingly partisan media exploit these stories to advance their causes. There is often no investigation to speak of and no effort to present both sides of any story.

People are bombarded with this tripe on a daily basis and it frightens them. Once they are frightened, all bets are off, since you cannot reason with emotion.
    In quoting my post, you affirm and agree that you have not been goaded, provoked, emotionally manipulated or otherwise coerced into responding.

"The difference between what we do and what we are capable of doing would suffice to solve most of the world’s problems.”
    Mahatma Gandhi

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Dr. Who For This Useful Post:

DGUtley (05-13-2022)

Original Ranter
    Overall activity: 90.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialCreated Album picturesOverdrive50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Awards:
    Posting Award
    Peter1469's Avatar Advisor
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 147,583x in 94,415 Posts
    Mentioned
    2552 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am here to spread my impressive knowledge on the issues I am passionate about and to maybe learn something about other issues. I don't pretend to care if anyone's mind is changed.
    ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Peter1469 For This Useful Post:

Captdon (05-13-2022),Common (05-13-2022),DGUtley (05-13-2022),MisterVeritis (05-13-2022),NapRover (05-13-2022)

Achievements:
    Dr. Who's Avatar Advisor
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Torus34 View Post
    Hi, Dr. Who.

Thanks for your reply to the question.

I assume that you have some means of filtering out Daleks masquerading on forums as human beings.

Regards, stay safe 'n well.
    I try to avoid the ones that keep repeating "terminate", "terminate".
    In quoting my post, you affirm and agree that you have not been goaded, provoked, emotionally manipulated or otherwise coerced into responding.

"The difference between what we do and what we are capable of doing would suffice to solve most of the world’s problems.”
    Mahatma Gandhi

Achievements:
    Dr. Who's Avatar Advisor
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hanger4 View Post
    Same here, but many, across all political discussion forums, left and right are more interested in a gotcha game, and I have no aversion to playing that game if they so desire.
    The problem with that game is that it is ultimately very boring.

Mahatma Gandhi

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Dr. Who For This Useful Post:

OLD GUY IN FLORIDA (05-14-2022)

Level completed: 20%, Points required for next Level: 2,885
    Overall activity: 79.0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsOverdriveVeteran
    carolina73's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 43,661x in 28,249 Posts
    Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Forum allows you to have a more honest discussion.

People don't give real answers in real life situations. It is why I always view polls as politically influenced and a couple of points mean nothing. When people get asked a question on camera they sound more like Miss America than themselves.

In real life we now face a cancel culture where almost everyone is offended.
    In business we are used to having to bite our tongues all day but now you have to worry about calling your neighbor by the wrong pronoun.
    Let's go Brandon !!!

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to carolina73 For This Useful Post:

Captdon (05-13-2022),Peter1469 (05-13-2022)

Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    Common's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 18,315x in 10,924 Posts
    Mentioned
    396 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by midcan5 View Post
    Hard question. I used to be online more as I felt you could share information, and books especially, that would help all of us know a bit more. But people are locked in their mental rooms and don't want to come out for fear what the room provides may be not be the real world. Most live in bubbles that reflect back what they want to see. You see that on this site as nonsense get repeated and repeated and.... A kind of circle jerk in which the enemy is clear, usually a leftist or BLM or democrat or.... On most so called conservative sites I am quickly banned, which kinda makes me laugh as I am conservative. But conservative in America today has changed and is autocratic etc etc etc.

Back to your query - I find it interesting and still challenging reading what many Americans have become in these last fifty years or so. Makes one sad but interesting too how certain media sources and dark money can control the minds of so many.

For the reader this book is superb as covers lots of how and why we got here. It is much broader than its title. Also a book on thought control.

'The Cult of Trump: A Leading Cult Expert Explains How the President Uses Mind Control' Steven Hassan

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/...-cult-of-trump

"Human beings have been trying to change each others' minds since they first discovered they had them." Kathleen Taylor

'Brainwashing: The Science of Thought Control' Kathleen Taylor

https://www.goodreads.com/en/book/sh...6.Brainwashing

"People who work with victims of cults, for example, often observe that the new beliefs are associated with extremely emotional states. Challenging such a belief rationally is difficult if not impossible. The victim not only perceives any such challenge as hostile but refuses to engage in rational debate..."
    Your having the worlds first Penis baby impregnated rectally.....
    LETS GO BRANDON
    F Joe Biden

Level completed: 34%, Points required for next Level: 1,527
    Overall activity: 15.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Abby08's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 29,996x in 18,678 Posts
    Mentioned
    133 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RichardMZhlubb View Post
    He is an amoral moron. You don't put an amoral moron in charge of the most powerful government in the history of earth because you like his policies.

If the nominees had been reversed, I'd have voted for the Republican in a heartbeat over a Democrat as profoundly incapable as Trump.
    You don't put someone in the most powerful position in the U. S because of good policies?

In your case, I suppose that's true, you put a guy in there, with not only NO coherent policies but, what he calls policies, are dangerous to the country.

On top of that, the guy you voted for, is also an empty shell, practically brain dead, old man.

Kinda makes a moron, with an abrasive personality but, effective policies, look pretty darn good!
    "LET'S GO BRANDON!"

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Abby08 For This Useful Post:

Captdon (05-13-2022),carolina73 (05-13-2022),OLD GUY IN FLORIDA (05-14-2022),Peter1469 (05-13-2022)

Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    Common's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 18,315x in 10,924 Posts
    Mentioned
    396 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RichardMZhlubb View Post

Sorry for what you will believe was trolling on my part...if you knew the history you would understand

Political Forums are very difficult to actually state your feelings and why to another...I used the example of my post to MidCan5 who wrote a response to you that is historically false, all he does is jump in threads insult someone and leave, or troll the thread to throw it off course. Then he comes in your thread and tries to be someone he has never been here. He debates nothing, he jumps in a thread trolls it and leaves...

As to your post these forums are haunted by alot of different personalities and many different views and education levels. Some are just far more intelligent than others...I will use Standing Wolf and Dr. Who as examples of that...and theres me a guy who never graduated 8th grade formally got a ged and I have a meager associate degree. Ive admittedly becom a very very conservative MAGA guy and no one can make a democrat out of me. Im sure theres many democrats and liberals who share the same.
    LETS GO BRANDON
    F Joe Biden

+ Reply to Thread