User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 14 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Editorial: Bring on the crackdown. The unvaccinated must be held accountable.....

Original Ranter
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 0.2%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassOverdriveTagger First Class50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    MMC's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 39,167x in 27,728 Posts
    Mentioned
    243 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Editorial: Bring on the crackdown. The unvaccinated must be held accountable.....

The Delta variant is spreading rapidly in California and nationwide, but happily so are crackdowns by public and private employers aimed at limiting the ability of their unvaccinated workers to infect others with COVID-19.

Hooray. It's time the stubbornly unvaccinated are held to account for their part in the resurgence of COVID-19.

It's unfortunate that such measures are necessary when safe vaccines are abundant and available to eligible Americans. But responsible health officials seeking to slow infection rates have few options, none of which would be popular among pandemic conspiracists on social media and in elected office. What's more, these policies do appear to have had some effect in California, which has seen a 20% increase in inoculation rates over the last week.
    Granted, many unvaccinated people, particularly Black and Latino Americans, are leery of the shots because of the government's poor track record when it comes to their communities' health. But whatever the reasons people may have for not getting vaccinated, we need to move them out of their comfort zones for the sake of their own safety — and ours......snip~

Editorial: Bring on the crackdown. The unvaccinated must be held accountable (msn.com)

Yes this is an Editorial from Los Angeles Time.

The Response should be......Bring on the Civil War. The Lame Stream media tool of the Democrat Party and Leftists need to be held accountable for being $#@! ups. For being Deviants. For thinking they can decide what goes into someones body.

At least these Pathetic leftists at the Los Angeles Times admit that Blacks and Latinos arent getting vaccinated. As has been stated for months. Now the Lametards have no choice to admit this while yelling out to punish people for not taking the experimental vaccine.
    History does not long Entrust the care of Freedom, to the Weak or Timid!!!!! Dwight D. Eisenhower ~

2. The Following User Says Thank You to MMC For This Useful Post:

donttread (07-30-2021)

Level completed: 2%, Points required for next Level: 3,930
    Overall activity: 31.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteran
    donttread's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 20,651x in 14,860 Posts
    Mentioned
    319 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MMC View Post
    The Delta variant is spreading rapidly in California and nationwide, but happily so are crackdowns by public and private employers aimed at limiting the ability of their unvaccinated workers to infect others with COVID-19.

Hooray. It's time the stubbornly unvaccinated are held to account for their part in the resurgence of COVID-19.

It's unfortunate that such measures are necessary when safe vaccines are abundant and available to eligible Americans. But responsible health officials seeking to slow infection rates have few options, none of which would be popular among pandemic conspiracists on social media and in elected office. What's more, these policies do appear to have had some effect in California, which has seen a 20% increase in inoculation rates over the last week.
    Granted, many unvaccinated people, particularly Black and Latino Americans, are leery of the shots because of the government's poor track record when it comes to their communities' health. But whatever the reasons people may have for not getting vaccinated, we need to move them out of their comfort zones for the sake of their own safety — and ours......snip~

Editorial: Bring on the crackdown. The unvaccinated must be held accountable (msn.com)

Yes this is an Editorial from Los Angeles Time.

The Response should be......Bring on the Civil War. The Lame Stream media tool of the Democrat Party and Leftists need to be held accountable for being $#@! ups. For being Deviants. For thinking they can decide what goes into someones body.

At least these Pathetic leftists at the Los Angeles Times admit that Blacks and Latinos arent getting vaccinated. As has been stated for months. Now the Lametards have no choice to admit this while yelling out to punish people for not taking the experimental vaccine.

Yes, yes, bigdaddy.gov knows best for each and every one of us. The fact remains is that death by COVID for the vaccinated is quite rare. So whom are those who choose not to vaccinate harming?
    So who is being truly affected by the spread? Oh right people who chose not to get the vaccine so their choice and their loss in many cases. That's how personal choice works. Why are these people so intent on imposing their will on others who pose almost no risk to them?

I would also add that distrust of government is not limited to awful things governemnt did to blacks 60 or more years ago. No we have plenty of clear and present reasons to distrust government. Foir example CDC
    1) Said mask were counter productve outside of healthcare systems
    2) Then all of a sudden with no new science mask were mandatory, defy at your own peril!
    3) But Faccui explained. "we needed the mask for healthcare workers before" It's all good he just admitted to lying to you and increasing your chances of contracting a disease significant enough to shut down the world! Sort of "I was lying beofre but I'm not lying now." LOL What's the old SNL routine? "Hear me now believe me later"?
    4) Government destroyed businesses , mostly small businesses in an unordered way. For example you must close your sporting goods business but WM can still sell sporting goods because they sell groceries in a completely different area!
    5) And oh yeah you funded research that could have led to a virus like this in freakin China and your "defence" is "Yeah we did that but it was a different virus and our paid experts say it didn't meet the definition for gain of function, technically speaking

So yeah the only reason minorities resist vaccination is based upon old grievances. It couldn't be the things above or the fact that you left minority families in peril with nightly riots for months, could it? Naw...

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to donttread For This Useful Post:

carolina73 (07-30-2021),Ethereal (07-30-2021)

Original Ranter
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassOverdriveTagger First Class50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    243 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by donttread View Post
    Yes, yes, bigdaddy.gov knows best for each and every one of us. The fact remains is that death by COVID for the vaccinated is quite rare. So whom are those who choose not to vaccinate harming?
    So who is being truly affected by the spread? Oh right people who chose not to get the vaccine so their choice and their loss in many cases. That's how personal choice works. Why are these people so intent on imposing their will on others who pose almost no risk to them?

I would also add that distrust of government is not limited to awful things governemnt did to blacks 60 or more years ago. No we have plenty of clear and present reasons to distrust government. Foir example CDC
    2) Then all of a sudden with no new science mask were mandatory, defy at your own peril!
    3) But Faccui explained. "we needed the mask for healthcare workers before" It's all good he just admitted to lying to you and increasing your chances of contracting a disease significant enough to shut down the world! Sort of "I was lying beofre but I'm not lying now." LOL What's the old SNL routine? "Hear me now believe me later"?
    4) Government destroyed businesses , mostly small businesses in an unordered way. For example you must close your sporting goods business but WM can still sell sporting goods because they sell groceries in a completely different area!
    5) And oh yeah you funded research that could have led to a virus like this in freakin China and your "defence" is "Yeah we did that but it was a different virus and our paid experts say it didn't meet the definition for gain of function, technically speaking

So yeah the only reason minorities resist vaccination is based upon old grievances. It couldn't be the things above or the fact that you left minority families in peril with nightly riots for months, could it? Naw...
    Yeah I know I just showed a leftists that 99% that get infected only get mild symptoms. Now that the Vaccinated are infecting others. What protection is the vaccine giving?

COVID-19 in Los Angeles: Over 25% of cases are fully vaccinated people - Page 11 (thepoliticalforums.com)
    History does not long Entrust the care of Freedom, to the Weak or Timid!!!!! Dwight D. Eisenhower ~

6. The Following User Says Thank You to MMC For This Useful Post:

carolina73 (07-30-2021)

tPF Moderator
    Level completed: 66%, Points required for next Level: 795
    Overall activity: 15.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Cletus's Avatar tPF Moderator
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 27,485x in 15,900 Posts
    Mentioned
    412 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The thinking expressed in the editorial is dangerous and UnAmerican.
    “Extremism in defense of liberty is no vice. Moderation in pursuit of justice is no virtue.” - Barry Goldwater

8. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Cletus For This Useful Post:

carolina73 (07-30-2021),donttread (08-05-2021),HawkTheSlayer (07-30-2021),MMC (07-30-2021),stjames1_53 (08-05-2021),Tahuyaman (08-06-2021)

Level completed: 58%, Points required for next Level: 1,536
    Overall activity: 66.0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsOverdriveVeteran
    carolina73's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 44,158x in 28,539 Posts
    Mentioned
    155 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by donttread View Post

That does bring up a good point. Government destroyed small businesses with the COVID shutdowns. The most vulnerable were the newer businesses which were a high percentage minority owned, especially Hispanic. Now the government is telling them to trust us after they just destroyed their dreams. Yes that was the state governments but I'm sure they are not distinguishing the difference in their anger.
    Last edited by carolina73; 07-30-2021 at 01:27 PM.

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to carolina73 For This Useful Post:

donttread (08-05-2021),FindersKeepers (07-30-2021),MMC (07-30-2021)

Level completed: 17%, Points required for next Level: 2,684
    Overall activity: 60.0%
    Achievements:
    FindersKeepers's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 26,625x in 16,267 Posts
    Mentioned
    271 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My mother fell and broke her hip a few weeks ago and was transferred to Salina Regional Medical. My sister and I followed in her truck but when we got to the ER, the nurse told us only one could go back into the ER to be with our mom. My sister was the natural choice because she had durable power of attorney for my mom's medical issues. After she went back, the same nurse told me I could not stay in the lobby, even though I said I would show her my vaccination card and I was wearing a mask. She said, "NO," I would have to exit the building.

It was very hot out that day -- about 97 degrees, I think and there was one bench -- right in the sun. Had I known in advance about the rule, I could have got the keys to my sister's truck and sat in there with the AC on. We texted one another--the nurse(s) would not bring the keys out to me and my sister could bring them out, but if she left the ER, she could not return. There was no choice, really, I found a spot on the sidewalk alongside the building that had about an 8-inch strip of shade and sat there along the wall. For about 4 hours. The spot was directly across from a strip of parking spots reserved for law enforcement. Officers came and went--they were allowed in. A few struck-up conversations--I'm pretty chatty--so that was nice. One brought me a cherry limeade from Sonic, that was really nice, but then I had to pee something fierce.

By the time our mom was moved to a regular room, visiting hours were over, but my sister convinced a doctor to come out and get me--he did--and the scowling nurse didn't lip-off to him when he walked me inside.

I try to support measures that make folks feel better, like wearing masks, and my mom is in a riskier group because she's elderly, so I got vaccinated, but it didn't do me much good at Salina Regional. I'm in good health so I was fine in the heat, but still -- it's rude to do that to people. My mom was moved to a swing bed nearer home last week and they're much better about allowing visitors. That's a relief.

Still, when my mom is healed enough to leave that unit, she won't be able to go home--she'll probably have to move into a nursing home. I hope with Delta making the rounds, the nursing home doesn't implement draconian rules as were in place last year--not allowing any visitors or making them talk through the windows. My mom is vaccinated. I'm vaccinated, and I'll wear a mask. Shouldn't we get some sort of a break for that?
    Last edited by FindersKeepers; 07-30-2021 at 11:26 AM.
    ""A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul" ~George Bernard Shaw

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to FindersKeepers For This Useful Post:

carolina73 (07-30-2021),Collateral Damage (07-30-2021),donttread (08-05-2021),MMC (07-30-2021)

Level completed: 17%, Points required for next Level: 2,684
    Overall activity: 60.0%
    Achievements:
    FindersKeepers's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 26,625x in 16,267 Posts
    Mentioned
    271 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by carolina73 View Post
    That does bring up a good point. Government destroyed small businesses with the COVID shutdowns. The most vulnerable were the newer businesses which were a high percentage minority owned, especially Hispanic. Now the government is telling them to trust us after they just destroyed there dreams. Yes that was the state governments but I'm sure they are not distinguishing the difference in their anger.
    I'd rather see mask mandates than businesses shuttered. That was awful.
    ""A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul" ~George Bernard Shaw

14. The Following User Says Thank You to FindersKeepers For This Useful Post:

MMC (07-30-2021)

Original Ranter
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    243 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cletus View Post
    The thinking expressed in the editorial is dangerous and UnAmerican.
    Yet the Lame Stream is going to ride it. Especially with Democrats like Cuomo calling on Businesses to not serve the Unvaccinated. CNN has started too.

Level completed: 2%, Points required for next Level: 3,930
    Overall activity: 31.0%
    Achievements:
    donttread's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 20,651x in 14,860 Posts
    Mentioned
    319 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MMC View Post
    Yeah I know I just showed a leftists that 99% that get infected only get mild symptoms. Now that the Vaccinated are infecting others. What protection is the vaccine giving?

COVID-19 in Los Angeles: Over 25% of cases are fully vaccinated people - Page 11 (thepoliticalforums.com)
    Your link eventually goes to an article that says nowhere near 25% of cases are among the vaccinated. Anyway the vaccine is apparently not 100% effective against contracting COVID but nearly so against dying from it.
    The vaccine works at less than 100% but it does work. As for concerns about vaccinated people spreading the virus that is obviuosly them fear mongering and justifying their mandates

17. The Following User Says Thank You to donttread For This Useful Post:

Now_What (07-30-2021)

tPF Moderator
    Level completed: 66%, Points required for next Level: 795
    Overall activity: 15.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Cletus's Avatar tPF Moderator
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 27,485x in 15,900 Posts
    Mentioned
    412 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What I am seeing is that being vaccinated may not keep you from contracting the virus, but it does serve to greatly mitigate the effects of the virus and truthfully, that is what matters.
    “Extremism in defense of liberty is no vice. Moderation in pursuit of justice is no virtue.” - Barry Goldwater

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Cletus For This Useful Post:

donttread (07-30-2021)

+ Reply to Thread