User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Pick up trucks are the new enemy of the left.

Original Ranter
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 90.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialCreated Album picturesOverdrive50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Awards:
    Posting Award
    Peter1469's Avatar Advisor
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 147,590x in 94,419 Posts
    Mentioned
    2552 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Who View Post
    Where do you get the idea from the Axios article that it is representing a leftist attempt to control anyone? Statistics have no political side. The author is simply making an observation regarding the fact that pickup trucks have increased in size over the years and that larger vehicles may present additional hazards. The article also mentioned:

"The other side:

Ford says "safety is a top priority," and points to safety-related technologies such as pedestrian detection sensors, automatic emergency braking, 360-degree cameras, and more, some of which now come standard.

The 2022 F-150 earned a "top safety pick" rating from the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety, and earned "good" or "superior" ratings in various crash tests, including those with other vehicles, and with child and adult pedestrians."

Axios is not a leftist paper. It is considered moderate.
    Large vehicles are safer. For the people driving them. I am not sure why we are concerned about people who choose to drive small less safe cars. They ought to be extra careful when they drive, rather than wish or tell others to stop driving larger, safer vehicles.

If I had a daughter when was turning 17 I certainly wouldn't give her a small death trap of a car.
    ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Peter1469 For This Useful Post:

Tahuyaman (01-26-2023)

Level completed: 29%, Points required for next Level: 2,853
    Overall activity: 23.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranTagger First Class50000 Experience Points
    Dr. Who's Avatar Advisor
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 12,935x in 8,813 Posts
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter1469 View Post
    Large vehicles are safer. For the people driving them. I am not sure why we are concerned about people who choose to drive small less safe cars. They ought to be extra careful when they drive, rather than wish or tell others to stop driving larger, safer vehicles.

If I had a daughter when was turning 17 I certainly wouldn't give her a small death trap of a car.
    We are close to the time when all vehicles will have lidar and will avoid hitting anything on their own.
    In quoting my post, you affirm and agree that you have not been goaded, provoked, emotionally manipulated or otherwise coerced into responding.

"The difference between what we do and what we are capable of doing would suffice to solve most of the world’s problems.”
    Mahatma Gandhi

tPF Moderator
    Overall activity: 58.0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsTagger First ClassYour first GroupVeteranRecommendation First ClassOverdrive
    Awards:
    Master Tagger
    DGUtley's Avatar tPF Moderator
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 46,045x in 24,876 Posts
    Mentioned
    887 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We are close to the time when all vehicles will have lidar and will avoid hitting anything on their own.

One day this summer, I was driving my wife’s Mercedes convertible on a Sunday morning. I had gone out to get bagels and coffee for the both of us. As I was returning, a car coming at us, made a slight turn into our lane. It did not come into our lane. It just kind of made a movement into our lane. That car of hers locked it up. I had poured the coffee into one of those insulated cups. Otherwise I would’ve had a mess all over her car. It really shocked me as to how old strongly the car reacted. I have a Lexus, and a Toyota Tacoma that also have that feature, but they are not as sensitive, nor as strong as her Mercedes.
    Any time you give a man something he doesn't earn, you cheapen him. Our kids earn what they get, and that includes respect. -- Woody Hayes​

5. The Following User Says Thank You to DGUtley For This Useful Post:

Dr. Who (01-26-2023)

Level completed: 28%, Points required for next Level: 1,730
    Overall activity: 46.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    countryboy's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 21,459x in 13,509 Posts
    Mentioned
    230 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Standing Wolf View Post
    Yeah, actually I do. Frequently.

Is that your total response to what I posted?
    What other reasonable response to rank hypocrisy and dishonesty is there? Is this your final answer? You sure you want to triple down on dishonesty? I suppose it would be too much to ask for an example, right? Because right after you mentioned Midcan't by name as one who gets picked on, he injected unnecessary politics into a nonpolitical thread about vitamin supplements, and you were nowhere to be found.

Of course I'm just giving you a hard time, I know you only admonish your political adversaries, and your claim that you admonish libs is a complete fabrication.
    Cutesy Time is OVER

7. The Following User Says Thank You to countryboy For This Useful Post:

Mister D (01-26-2023)

Level completed: 8%, Points required for next Level: 1,388
    Overall activity: 61.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranSocial25000 Experience Points
    stephenpe's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 2,777x in 1,851 Posts
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by countryboy View Post
    He obviously made that up.

Will Florida athletes have to report their menstrual history to play? Here's the latest

The FHSAA asked its sports medicine advisory committee to review annual student athlete evaluation forms after parents raised privacy concerns following the overturning of Roe v. Wade.

Katherine KokalPalm Beach Post

Hear this story
    View Comments

• A state panel voted to recommend Florida student athletes be required to turn in menstrual history to schools when they register to play for the year.
    • The FHSAA's director gave false information regarding the number of states that do the same.
    • He corrected the record and the committee voted to stick with requiring the forms go to schools.
    A panel of the Florida High School Athletics Association stood by its recommendation to require student athletes to turn in information about their menstrual periods to their schools when they register to play each year.
    The group also decided to stick with its recommendation to FHSAA's board of directors to force student athletes to answer questions about their menstrual history when they complete their annual athletics physical.
    The FHSAA's sports medicine advisory committee held a special meeting Tuesday night to clarify false information presented by the executive director at its previous meeting.

Level completed: 28%, Points required for next Level: 1,730
    Overall activity: 46.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    countryboy's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 21,459x in 13,509 Posts
    Mentioned
    230 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by stephenpe View Post

Will Florida athletes have to report their menstrual history to play? Here's the latest

The FHSAA asked its sports medicine advisory committee to review annual student athlete evaluation forms after parents raised privacy concerns following the overturning of Roe v. Wade.

Katherine KokalPalm Beach Post

Hear this story
    View Comments

• A state panel voted to recommend Florida student athletes be required to turn in menstrual history to schools when they register to play for the year.
    • The FHSAA's director gave false information regarding the number of states that do the same.
    • He corrected the record and the committee voted to stick with requiring the forms go to schools.
    A panel of the Florida High School Athletics Association stood by its recommendation to require student athletes to turn in information about their menstrual periods to their schools when they register to play each year.
    The group also decided to stick with its recommendation to FHSAA's board of directors to force student athletes to answer questions about their menstrual history when they complete their annual athletics physical.
    The FHSAA's sports medicine advisory committee held a special meeting Tuesday night to clarify false information presented by the executive director at its previous meeting.

Screenshot_20230126-082811_Brave.jpg
    Cutesy Time is OVER

Level completed: 63%, Points required for next Level: 225
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    5000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Thfan132's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 860x in 616 Posts
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by carolina73 View Post
    What if I paint it pink and put rainbow stickers on it?
    My niece, who is a very butch lesbian, has a big ass truck. It is not pink, but does have rainbow stickers all over it.

Level completed: 63%, Points required for next Level: 225
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    5000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Thfan132's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 860x in 616 Posts
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Abby08 View Post
    Plus, that 10 foot cross, don't forget that!
    Who would forget that? It is on the trailer behind, just another thing you can't do with a Prius.

Overall activity: 100.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteranOverdriveSocial
    Awards:
    Frequent Poster
    Tahuyaman's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 76,990x in 55,612 Posts
    Mentioned
    700 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Where do you get the idea from the Axios article that it is representing a leftist attempt to control anyone? Statistics have no political side. The author is simply making an observation regarding the fact that pickup trucks have increased in size over the years and that larger vehicles may present additional hazards. The article also mentioned:

"The other side:

Ford says "safety is a top priority," and points to safety-related technologies such as pedestrian detection sensors, automatic emergency braking, 360-degree cameras, and more, some of which now come standard.

The 2022 F-150 earned a "top safety pick" rating from the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety, and earned "good" or "superior" ratings in various crash tests, including those with other vehicles, and with child and adult pedestrians."

Axios is not a leftist paper. It is considered moderate.
    Every time a liberal idea is criticized, liberals either deny the substance of the idea or say it came from a moderate point of view.

Ford’s commitment to safety is irrelevant to the attempt by the left to force lifestyle or behavioral changes upon us.

If you think the author’s point only was that pick up trucks are larger, heavier and present a greater hazard to smaller vehicles in a crash, you need to read it again.
    When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic.“ - Benjamin Franklin.

“When people get used to preferential treatment equal treatment seems like discrimination.” - Thomas Sowell

Overall activity: 100.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteranOverdriveSocial
    Awards:
    Frequent Poster
    Tahuyaman's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 76,990x in 55,612 Posts
    Mentioned
    700 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Standing Wolf View Post
    The thread started out that way, but it wasn't more than two or three posts in when suddenly we begin hearing about how "leftists" are trying to ban trucks, etc...
    They are. The left is constantly trying to force their approved lifestyle choices upon us.
    When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic.“ - Benjamin Franklin.

“When people get used to preferential treatment equal treatment seems like discrimination.” - Thomas Sowell

+ Reply to Thread