Thanked 9,014x in 6,835 Posts
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    On catnip?

Quote Originally Posted by The Booman View Post
    Kevin? Of course.
    "The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government - lest it come to dominate our lives and interests." - Patrick Henry

3. The Following User Says Thank You to testsubjectalpha For This Useful Post:

Collateral Damage (11-26-2021)

Level completed: 11%, Points required for next Level: 2,052
    Overall activity: 76.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialYour first Group50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Awards:
    Calendar Award
    TheLiquidGuy's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 2,031x in 1,735 Posts
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cletus View Post
    I think a lot of people would rather believe the 2020 election was won by massive voter fraud than believe there are 81 million people in this country actually stupid enough to vote for that drooling idiot.

Stop and think about it. The country would be better off if the election had been rigged by a small, evil group of people that if it is true that we have 81 million brain dead soulless zombified piles of human waste roaming our streets every day and making decisions that affect the rest of us.
    Ten years from now, this level of pointless vitriol will be what elected leaders disseminate to the masses. DT set us on that path. By then, we will have completely dehumanized each other. I don't want to say civil war is inevitable. But whenever I read crap like that, it becomes harder to deny. There was a time when we could all have different political beliefs without needing to call the other side "human waste".

Are you one of those people who believes we should abandon democracy and go forward with a single party system? Republican?

“Just say the election was corrupt and leave the
    rest to me and the Republican congressmen”
    --Donald Trump

Speaking to the Justice Department on Dec. 27, 2020. Conversation memorialized in then-acting Deputy Attorney General Richard Donoghue’s contemporaneous notes.

Level completed: 89%, Points required for next Level: 287
    Overall activity: 52.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    testsubjectalpha's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You, and your ilk abortioned democracy a long time ago. You, and your ilk, are the infidels praying to false idols. You need leadership and you don't have it.

You and you ilk are the founders of 'cancel culture.' Even Obama, God forbid, came on national TV and told you and your ilk to STFU. Calling you stupid and dangerous.

Quote Originally Posted by TheLiquidGuy View Post
    Ten years from now, this level of pointless vitriol will be what elected leaders disseminate to the masses. DT set us on that path. By then, we will have completely dehumanized each other. I don't want to say civil war is inevitable. But whenever I read crap like that, it becomes harder to deny. There was a time when we could all have different political beliefs without needing to call the other side "human waste".

Are you one of those people who believes we should abandon democracy and go forward with a single party system? Republican?
    "The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government - lest it come to dominate our lives and interests." - Patrick Henry

Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    Common's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 18,315x in 10,924 Posts
    Mentioned
    396 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think a lot of people would rather believe the 2020 election was won by massive voter fraud than believe there are 81 million people in this country actually stupid enough to vote for that drooling idiot.

Stop and think about it. The country would be better off if the election had been rigged by a small, evil group of people that if it is true that we have 81 million brain dead soulless zombified piles of human waste roaming our streets every day and making decisions that affect the rest of us.
    Thats Trumps point of contention, that 81,000.000 voting for biden was a lie and the numbers pumped up in democrat districts by voter fraud...theyve found bad votes in several places thats fact...What happened I dont know...I agree with you that its impossible to believe 81 million voted for this brain dead nasty lying man
    LETS GO BRANDON
    F Joe Biden

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Are you sure about that 10 years from now? Just what do you mean by that?

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have no doubt all the States can demonstrate the number of votes they counted (unless they pull a Lois Learner). Must have been a lot of 1st time voters?

Quote Originally Posted by Common View Post
    Thats Trumps point of contention, that 81,000.000 voting for biden was a lie and the numbers pumped up in democrat districts by voter fraud...theyve found bad votes in several places thats fact...What happened I dont know...I agree with you that its impossible to believe 81 million voted for this brain dead nasty lying man

tPF Moderator
    Level completed: 51%, Points required for next Level: 1,132
    Overall activity: 13.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Cletus's Avatar tPF Moderator
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 27,383x in 15,850 Posts
    Mentioned
    412 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ten years from now, this level of pointless vitriol will be what elected leaders disseminate to the masses. DT set us on that path.

First, it is not "pointless vitriol". You earned every bit of it (By "you", I don't mean just you or even you in particular, although if the shoe fits...). Second, it wasn't Trump who caused the deep divisions in this country. Obama did a great job of polarizing the nation along both ideological and racial lines. That is on you guys, not Trump. Trump was coarse. He was uncouth. He was not a slicked up, highly polished politician. What he was though, was damned effective in his office, even though he had probably the greatest degree of opposition from those inside government, the media, and the ignorant unwashed of any President in history. He did what hasn't been done since the Reagan era... he placed the needs of the United States over those of everyone else everywhere, and he didn't care whether they "liked" him for it. When he spoke, he said what millions of Americans were thinking. He wasn't a Conservative. He was a Populist and exactly what this country needed and needs today.

By then, we will have completely dehumanized each other. I don't want to say civil war is inevitable. But whenever I read crap like that, it becomes harder to deny. There was a time when we could all have different political beliefs without needing to call the other side "human waste".

Oh, you can stop wringing your hands. there won't be a civil war. Come the mid terms, the Left will lose control of the House and Senate and be effectively neutered for a few years. That is probably the best we can hope for for a while. As far as referring to the current crop of scum sucking bottom feeders on the Left as human waste... well, I was trying to be polite. In less than a year, because of their selfish, self indulgent, "me first" attitudes, this country has deteriorated to the point where the level of human suffering among the populace is worse than it has been since the Great Depression (another gift from the Left) and it is going to get worse before it gets better. Because your side didn't like Trump's personality, you bent this nation over the hood of your car and grudge $#@!ed the $#@! out of it, all so you could pat yourselves on the back and say "We got ya". So yeah, you earned the vitriol you are getting from the people who make this country work.

I actually don't know anyone on the Right who thinks that way, although it is common among those on the Left. The attacks that come daily on the Constitution and the Republic from the people your kind put in power and those you are too scared to do anything but pander to pose the greatest threat this nation has ever faced. The very principles that form the bedrock of the Republic are under constant attack and those on the Left either support it or just want to cover their eyes and ears and pretend it doesn't exist. Fortunately, even though it is coming at a great cost, many of those who helped create this mess are now waking up, looking around and asking themselves "What the $#@! did we do?" and some are actually mustering the courage to try to undo it.

Hopefully, it is not too late.

It is my hope that President Trump does not seek the Presidency again. Even though he was the most effective President in a generation, he is too polarizing and any future administration of his would have to focus so much on fighting the same kind of opposition he faced the first time, it would not be good for the nation. Still, I think he can play an important role in guiding this country back on course, just not as President. Personally, I would like to see him pull a John Quincy Adams and take a seat in Congress. Either chamber would be fine, although I think he would be even more effective in the Senate than he would in the House.

The people who voted to elect Biden did a great disservice to this country. Fortunately, this country has a great capacity for forgiveness. Someday, maybe five or six generations from now, those who did so will be seen as merely stupid and misguided rather than malicious and evil.

Maybe.

By the way, my references to "you" are generic references to those on the Left. If you think they apply to you personally, it is probably your conscience talking. If you don't think they apply to you, that is fine too.
    Last edited by Cletus; 11-25-2021 at 10:42 AM.
    “Extremism in defense of liberty is no vice. Moderation in pursuit of justice is no virtue.” - Barry Goldwater

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cletus For This Useful Post:

Abby08 (11-25-2021),FindersKeepers (11-25-2021)

Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 32.0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsVeteranYour first Group
    Ethereal's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 41,536x in 26,005 Posts
    Mentioned
    1169 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Personally, I would like to see him pull a John Quincy Adams and take a seat in Congress.
    He should run for governor. In California or New York.
    Power always thinks it has a great soul, and vast views, beyond the comprehension of the weak. And that it is doing God service when it is violating all His laws.
    --John Adams

Level completed: 28%, Points required for next Level: 506
    Overall activity: 0.1%
    Achievements:
    5000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Torus34's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 198x in 179 Posts
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In all probability, the initial judgment will be challenged and will wander about the court system for years. Should any money be paid, chances are that it will be money traceable to the Republican Party, which funds legal costs of whatever mischief Mr. Donald Trump gets himself into. If there are any chumps involved, it's those who have contributed to either the Republican Party or to Mr. Donald Trump.

Regards, stay safe 'n well.
    "And gladly wolde he lerne and gladly teche." Chaucer, the Canterbury Tales.

+ Reply to Thread