Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 13,050x in 8,898 Posts
    Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Adelaide View Post
    True, but he's a better option than John Baird, lol.

Who do you think will be the next leader of the Conservative Party? Or, the Liberal Party? I'm kinda hoping for Trudeau, partially because he kicked Brazeau's ass.
    Trudeau is still an unknown quotient. He is favored because of his father. It remains to be seen whether he has the "je ne sais quoi" that his father had. Baird may be a contender for the Conservative Party. Perhaps better if he is, because I don't think he will be popular. We need to wait a while for the Liberals to see who emerges from the woodwork. They have been so decimated by fragmentation within the Party, they need to have a common point of view. They have a lot of building to do. The NDP has moved to the right, so who knows whether the Liberals will have a chance to come back?
    In quoting my post, you affirm and agree that you have not been goaded, provoked, emotionally manipulated or otherwise coerced into responding.

"The difference between what we do and what we are capable of doing would suffice to solve most of the world’s problems.”
    Mahatma Gandhi

tPF Moderator
    Level completed: 53%, Points required for next Level: 1,800
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialTagger First ClassCreated Album picturesYour first GroupRecommendation First Class50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Adelaide's Avatar tPF Moderator
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 18,451x in 11,740 Posts
    Mentioned
    1723 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Who View Post
    Trudeau is still an unknown quotient. He is favored because of his father. It remains to be seen whether he has the "je ne sais quoi" that his father had. Baird may be a contender for the Conservative Party. Perhaps better if he is, because I don't think he will be popular. We need to wait a while for the Liberals to see who emerges from the woodwork. They have been so decimated by fragmentation within the Party, they need to have a common point of view. They have a lot of building to do. The NDP has moved to the right, so who knows whether the Liberals will have a chance to come back?
    I think there are a lot of lifers for the Liberals who strayed because of how horrible a candidate Ignatieff was - I actually felt bad for voting Liberal in the last federal election. I think Trudeau has some relevant experience, and many of the same traits as his father. So while it's true he's favoured due to his father, I think he has the same charisma and that is inspiring to voters. Just look at Jack Layton... epitome of charisma. It makes a difference. Polling numbers show Trudeau could win if an election were held today, so I think he will get elected to lead the party.

Hahaha about Baird! Yes, let's hope for him! Piece of work that schmuck is.

+ Reply to Thread