User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: JoePa fired

Original Ranter
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 0.2%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second Class50000 Experience PointsOverdriveVeteranYour first Group
    Captain Obvious's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 40,087x in 27,208 Posts
    Mentioned
    1041 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

JoePa fired

Just announced, Joe is gonzo.

Wow...
    my junk is ugly

Original Ranter
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassOverdriveTagger First Class50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    MMC's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 39,167x in 27,728 Posts
    Mentioned
    243 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: JoePa fired

Yeah, I heard A. Cooper talking about this with some chick who considered the matter to be a legal one with Joe. Stating he should have contacted the police. Paterno Contacted his boss and gave it to him. But Cooper went on into a big spiel about how he himself would have checked everyday with his supervisor concerning a report he made about someone else into something illegal. Course Cooper stated he would have called the cops after his boss. This is so screwed with the media it is ridiculous.

So they want to push it on Joe just so they all can say that everybody involved was in the wrong. That he did not do enuff and this is the reason for him to be fired. Like he should have to involve himself into all of this. While trying to run a College Football program.

I think it is high time that people went after all who make themsleves the Face of the Media. Time to upset their little perfect world and make them available to the American People with all their friggin dirt. Then we can go back and ask why they are on Television with the $#@! in their background or daily lives.
    History does not long Entrust the care of Freedom, to the Weak or Timid!!!!! Dwight D. Eisenhower ~

Original Ranter
    Level completed: 69%, Points required for next Level: 931
    Overall activity: 0.1%
    Achievements:
    SocialTagger Second Class50000 Experience PointsYour first GroupVeteran
    Conley's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 2,511x in 2,019 Posts
    Mentioned
    238 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Obvious View Post
    Just announced, Joe is gonzo.

Wow...
    Good riddance. Last I heard he was going to retire after the season. He has no excuse, and the fact that he's said he did what was necessary by telling his superior is bull$#@!. He did the bare minimum. Penn State will never be the same after this.

Come on, if any of us had an employee molesting children would you not report it to the cops? This pedophile had a long history and Penn St. knew enough to ban him. They knew something was going on. This isn't the case of the media tearing someone down. This is about right and wrong.

Original Ranter
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    238 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Told by a graduate assistant in 2002 that former Nittany Lions defensive coordinator Jerry Sandusky had sexually assaulted a boy, believed to be 10 years old, in the showers of Penn State's football complex, Paterno did nothing more than inform athletics director Tim Curley and university vice president Gary Schultz of the allegations. Paterno never personally called police. His son, Scott Paterno, told the Philadelphia Inquirer on Wednesday that his father never even asked Sandusky -- his assistant coach for three decades and who was once considered his heir apparent -- about the incident.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/...any-lions-make

Original Ranter
    Overall activity: 18.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassOverdrive50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Mister D's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 53,587x in 36,518 Posts
    Mentioned
    1102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

This has turned into a huge story.
    Whoever criticizes capitalism, while approving immigration, whose working class is its first victim, had better shut up. Whoever criticizes immigration, while remaining silent about capitalism, should do the same.

~Alain de Benoist

Original Ranter
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassOverdriveTagger First Class50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    243 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah now that I see all that time.....there is no way he couldnt have known. Big Career ending in a Stain. Seems more on the staff would know too. Maybe even some of those other coaches.

People round here were saying Penn State should be barred for 2 or 3 yrs from competing.
    History does not long Entrust the care of Freedom, to the Weak or Timid!!!!! Dwight D. Eisenhower ~

Original Ranter
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    1102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Midwest Media Critic View Post
    Yeah now that I see all that time.....there is no way he couldnt have known. Big Career ending in a Stain. Seems more on the staff would know too. Maybe even some of those other coaches.

People round here were saying Penn State should be barred for 2 or 3 yrs from competing.
    There would appear to be some moral rot in that organization.
    Whoever criticizes capitalism, while approving immigration, whose working class is its first victim, had better shut up. Whoever criticizes immigration, while remaining silent about capitalism, should do the same.

~Alain de Benoist

Original Ranter
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    238 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Yeah the guy who witnessed the rape is now the coach of the wide receivers. Not only should he be fired he should be brought up on charges IMO. I can't even begin to understand how something like this is possible.

One thing I will say about Paterno is that I thought it was crappy they fired him over the phone. They should have had the decency to go talk to him face to face. I guess they felt they didn't even owe him that.

Like you said D, it seems there is some moral rot in there that needs to be ripped out. Makes me not even want to follow sports, by watching it we contribute to that kind of crap. The schools get millions of dollars and that's why things like this get covered up. If this were the crew team I don't think that pedophile would have ever gotten to keep preying on children.

Original Ranter
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    1102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Conley View Post
    Yeah the guy who witnessed the rape is now the coach of the wide receivers. Not only should he be fired he should be brought up on charges IMO. I can't even begin to understand how something like this is possible.

One thing I will say about Paterno is that I thought it was crappy they fired him over the phone. They should have had the decency to go talk to him face to face. I guess they felt they didn't even owe him that.

Like you said D, it seems there is some moral rot in there that needs to be ripped out. Makes me not even want to follow sports, by watching it we contribute to that kind of crap. The schools get millions of dollars and that's why things like this get covered up. If this were the crew team I don't think that pedophile would have ever gotten to keep preying on children.
    You mean the kid who called his dad back in '02 after witnessing the shower thing? I can't imagine how that wouldn't be on your mind every time you looked at the guy.

Regarding Paterno, I bet that was one very uncomfortable situation. Some peopel just wouldn't want the confrontation and, like you said, he didn't deserve any professional courtesy.

It's all about money in the end. No doubt.

~Alain de Benoist

Original Ranter
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    243 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Media said some students rioted there. Attacking cops to. Turned over the only local TV vehicle that was reporting. Cops hit-em with tear-gas.

+ Reply to Thread