Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 2,314x in 1,399 Posts
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Old Books

My daughter picks out the neatest old books for her ever-growing collection. This one has a copyright of 1914 and is great to pick up for a few minutes and learn about certain subjects, such as the Story in a Coil of Rope and the exact size of a moving picture film. Or how the wireless reaches ships at sea, world's bread loaves and blowing out mud and rock with compressed air.
    BOW.jpg
    BOW2.jpg

This one has the earliest copyright of 1911, but the edition we have is an updated one from the 1930's. It's a pretty hefty book, with large pages full of print, illustrations and photos and every subject is covered starting from Kindergarten and moving through everything. EVERYTHING. It's so neat! Interesting what kindergartners were expected to do ( building their own playsets, little fences and things, vs now when Public school teachers get upset if parents have already taught them how to read.
    There's a particular picture in one section showing a school in Wyoming for Shoshone Women, teaching them canning and preserving. I really like that one for reasons of my own. Anyway, here's a few pics of this book:

The VLIBRARY.jpg
    Brief.jpg
    insidepaper.jpg
    You are wrong about police.

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Helena For This Useful Post:

Collateral Damage (11-06-2019),FindersKeepers (11-09-2019),Just AnotherPerson (10-27-2019),Lummy (10-27-2019),roadmaster (05-09-2020),The Sage of Main Street (10-28-2019)