Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 2,031x in 1,735 Posts
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hanger4 View Post
    Why are you continuing to avoid the question ??
    same question

“Just say the election was corrupt and leave the
    rest to me and the Republican congressmen”
    --Donald Trump

Speaking to the Justice Department on Dec. 27, 2020. Conversation memorialized in then-acting Deputy Attorney General Richard Donoghue’s contemporaneous notes.

Level completed: 89%, Points required for next Level: 357
    Overall activity: 10.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    hanger4's Avatar Advisor
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 22,756x in 15,337 Posts
    Mentioned
    549 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheLiquidGuy View Post
    same question
    Never mind TheLiquidGuy, I'll answer it for you. You avoid it because you the answer allays your narrative. Trump didn't say do "me" a favor, he said "us" and reading the entire sentence, not just the half which you disingenuously posted, "us" clearly means the country Trump is President of. No QPQ, no bribery, no extortion, no to whatever the word of the day is.

Level completed: 21%, Points required for next Level: 2,862
    Overall activity: 76.0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsOverdriveVeteran
    carolina73's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 43,669x in 28,255 Posts
    Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If some one says that I would rather you do that though, then though is making your opinion known and in no way can be taken as a command.
    There is also zero legal points in the charges against Trump. Even the talking head lawyers on CNN know that. The case is not legal. It is for being unbecoming of the office. It is strictly political. If they had a legal case then they would also refer it to the AG.

Level completed: 12%, Points required for next Level: 2,032
    Overall activity: 77.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialYour first Group50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Awards:
    Calendar Award
    TheLiquidGuy's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Never mind TheLiquidGuy, I'll answer it for you. You avoid it because you the answer allays your narrative. Trump didn't say do "me" a favor, he said "us" and reading the entire sentence, not just the half which you disingenuously posted, "us" clearly means the country Trump is President of. No QPQ, no bribery, no extortion, no to whatever the word of the day is.
    You've seen my posts throughout this forum. Do I strike you as the kind of person who dodges? I promise you I will be happy to answer your question. This is the first time I have asked anyone to answer my question out of turn. It's a reasonable request. You can't humor me one time?

Is it your opinion that the president is of average intelligence? above average? below average?

I also promise that I will not criticize your answer on that particular question, if that helps. The truth is you are freaking me out a bit with why you are so afraid to answer that exceedingly simple question. I guess I will give you one more chance to humor me. And if you choose not to , I will still answer your question. But then you'll never know what I was gonna do with your answer. Aren't you curious?

By the way, it does not allay my narrative. I provided you with additional evidence to support the idea that Trump was only interested in investigating the Bidens. re-read my post. He was hoping that they would start a "major" investigation into the Bidens. He missed yet another opportunity to say "I was hoping they would investigate corruption at large".

As for your accusation that I cut it off intentionally, that's ridiculous. this is the portion of his speech that even republicans have been quoting all along. And you may have noticed that I have a problem with brevity in my posts. I really need to keep things short at every opportunity. (sigh, too late for this post)
    Last edited by TheLiquidGuy; 12-13-2019 at 08:41 PM.

--Donald Trump

Speaking to the Justice Department on Dec. 27, 2020. Conversation memorialized in then-acting Deputy Attorney General Richard Donoghue’s contemporaneous notes.

Original Ranter
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 90.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialCreated Album picturesOverdrive50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Awards:
    Posting Award
    Peter1469's Avatar Advisor
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 147,594x in 94,422 Posts
    Mentioned
    2552 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Trump's IQ- slightly above average. Probably a few points higher than Obama.

But that is more than enough to do most jobs in America to include President.
    ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Achievements:
    hanger4's Avatar Advisor
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    549 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You've seen my posts throughout this forum. Do I strike you as the kind of person who dodges? I promise you I will be happy to answer your question. This is the first time I have asked anyone to answer my question out of turn. It's a reasonable request. You can't humor me one time?

Is it your opinion that the president is of average intelligence? above average? below average?

I also promise that I will not criticize your answer on that particular question, if that helps. The truth is you are freaking me out a bit with why you are so afraid to answer that exceedingly simple question. I guess I will give you one more chance to humor me. And if you choose not to , I will still answer your question. But then you'll never know what I was gonna do with your answer. Aren't you curious?

By the way, it does not allay my narrative. I provided you with additional evidence to support the idea that Trump was only interested in investigating the Bidens. re-read my post. He was hoping that they would start a "major" investigation into the Bidens. He missed yet another opportunity to say "I was hoping they would investigate corruption at large".

As for your accusation that I cut it off intentionally, that's ridiculous. this is the portion of his speech that even republicans have been quoting all along. And you may have noticed that I have a problem with brevity in my posts. I really need to keep things short at every opportunity. (sigh, too late for this post)
    Trump's IQ is above average.

Achievements:
    Awards:
    Calendar Award
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Trump's IQ is above average.

Wow. Thanks hanger4. Sorry, tonight was date night.
    I will respond in the morning. bed time time now.

P.S. I oversold the importance of intelligence. Don't expect too much,ok.
    Last edited by TheLiquidGuy; 12-14-2019 at 02:39 AM.

--Donald Trump

Achievements:
    hanger4's Avatar Advisor
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    549 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow. Thanks hanger4. Sorry, tonight was date night.
    I will respond in the morning. bed time time now.

P.S. I oversold the importance of intelligence. Don't expect too much,ok.

Achievements:
    Awards:
    Calendar Award
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"I would like you to do us a favour, though"

Who do you think "us" is ??

There is no period after "though", here is the complete sentence;

“I would like you to do us a favor though because our country has been through a lot and Ukraine knows a lot about it."

So I ask again, who do you think "us" is ??
    Ok, so he is ‘smart.’ I can work with that.
    First thing: I mean no offence but...

You are pretending that you believe the words a politician speaks are always forthright. You are in a political forum. You know better. It’s disingenuous. (I am tempted to end my answer right here, but uh…’brevity problem’) Also, I kinda think that you originally believed it would be too cumbersome for me to answer and so I might just concede. I used that tactic with my siblings, and then with my wife. I eventually stopped because it impedes truth. But mostly because sleeping on the couch hurts my back. I like to think I am here to get smarter, not win arguments.

The call was ‘perfect’. That’s an odd adjective to describe a phone call. When Trump first said that, It stood out to me immediately. And he kept using that word. Perfect. He executed the call perfectly. No mistakes. In other words he made the perfect presentation. Like he was performing a violin recital. Such an assessment would be fair if he had touched on most of the talking points that his staff had prepared for him beforehand. But we are told he threw out the script. What I am saying is what he is saying: The call was perfect. Because there was another script. The one in his head. During the call he pivoted to the thing he really wanted: investigations. Since we’ve established he is smart, he knew he couldn’t just ask for it outright. He knew he had to disguise it a little. And he did. It was perfect. The perfect balance between a self-serving request and plausible deniability. It was the perfect presentation. The perfect defense. The perfect call. The perfect crime. ‘Perfect’ was the only way to describe the call. Even the the word was self descriptive.

As it turns out though, it was only perfect to his mind. Several people listening on the call saw right through it. A judge would see right through it. The only ones who did not see through it are the ones predisposed to come to his defence. His party. This was a thinly veiled shake down. If courts had to wait until a recording contained the phrase “Let’s do some quid pro quo now” before they could convict, the jail cells currently allotted to criminals convicted by surveillance tapes would be nearly empty.

That said, “us” does mean “America”. After asking the favour Trump then feels the need to justify why he is asking: He explains “because…”. But the explanation is awkward. It feels like he had to stuff it in there by force. Yet he puts it in there anyway. He did it to achieve the "perfect" call. In case it’s not clear: “us” is just cover. The explanation is just cover. Awkward but necessary cover. He is smart. But not that smart.
    Last edited by TheLiquidGuy; 12-14-2019 at 11:52 AM.

--Donald Trump

tPF Moderator
    Level completed: 51%, Points required for next Level: 1,132
    Overall activity: 13.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Cletus's Avatar tPF Moderator
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 27,383x in 15,850 Posts
    Mentioned
    412 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Your position throughout this entire thread has been "He SAID "A", but I know he MEANT "B".

That is a dangerous and delusional way of thinking.
    “Extremism in defense of liberty is no vice. Moderation in pursuit of justice is no virtue.” - Barry Goldwater

+ Reply to Thread