User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: In Ohio, the Amish take on the Coronavirus

tPF Moderator
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 58.0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsTagger First ClassYour first GroupVeteranRecommendation First ClassOverdrive
    Awards:
    Master Tagger
    DGUtley's Avatar tPF Moderator
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 46,045x in 24,876 Posts
    Mentioned
    887 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Post In Ohio, the Amish take on the Coronavirus

Interesting story. Reminds me the Amish effort during WWII - Dennison Depot, Dreamsville, USA

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/04/09/u...e=articleShare

5B62706F-ECF5-4578-807E-DA583DBAC48B.jpg

Last edited by DGUtley; 04-10-2020 at 05:59 AM.
    Any time you give a man something he doesn't earn, you cheapen him. Our kids earn what they get, and that includes respect. -- Woody Hayes​

tPF Moderator
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 58.0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsTagger First ClassYour first GroupVeteranRecommendation First ClassOverdrive
    Awards:
    Master Tagger
    DGUtley's Avatar tPF Moderator
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 46,045x in 24,876 Posts
    Mentioned
    887 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had a case in Millersburg a few years ago. I represented a family that had been hit by a trucker. The trucker claimed that the grandson driving had gone left of center; the family claimed that the trucker had come into their lane in a snowstorm. Two fatalities. I defended the counterclaim against the grandson. We took depositions at an Amish nursing home. The first day we showed up, the owner had set out a feast for us. So, you have these half dozen lawyers from Cleveland / Akron and there's this huge feast and they wouldn't let us pay b/c we were guests. We were polite and feasted - and then the pies.

The story of the Dennison Depot and the Amish contribution to the war effort in WW2 is inspiring. Watch the video above.

Check out this video: https://www.nps.gov/nr/feature/wom/2...ggage_Room.htm As a history lover and as a young lawyer with no money, Mrs. U and I would regularly take the kids to places like this.
    Any time you give a man something he doesn't earn, you cheapen him. Our kids earn what they get, and that includes respect. -- Woody Hayes​

3. The Following User Says Thank You to DGUtley For This Useful Post:

Peter1469 (04-10-2020)

Level completed: 43%, Points required for next Level: 980
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Social25000 Experience PointsVeteran
    ripmeister's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 3,495x in 2,836 Posts
    Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DGUtley View Post
    I had a case in Millersburg a few years ago. I represented a family that had been hit by a trucker. The trucker claimed that the grandson driving had gone left of center; the family claimed that the trucker had come into their lane in a snowstorm. Two fatalities. I defended the counterclaim against the grandson. We took depositions at an Amish nursing home. The first day we showed up, the owner had set out a feast for us. So, you have these half dozen lawyers from Cleveland / Akron and there's this huge feast and they wouldn't let us pay b/c we were guests. We were polite and feasted - and then the pies.

The story of the Dennison Depot and the Amish contribution to the war effort in WW2 is inspiring. Watch the video above.

Check out this video: https://www.nps.gov/nr/feature/wom/2...ggage_Room.htm As a history lover and as a young lawyer with no money, Mrs. U and I would regularly take the kids to places like this.
    Ahhhh… the pies!
    One can be sure that he who says he knows knows nothing

+ Reply to Thread