Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 21,087x in 12,282 Posts
    Mentioned
    415 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cotton1 View Post
    leanne and trish. They relabel it as peaceful. Leanne is sweetie so im.not arguing over her.views.
    Trish is an invisible bystander. Who cares what she thinx
    Leanne is calling those who are burning, looting and assaulting "peaceful"? Or she's pointing out that some folks are peacefully protesting and that they shouldn't be lumped in with those who are committing crimes?
    Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.” - Robert E. Howard

"Only a rank degenerate would drive 1,500 miles across Texas and not eat a chicken fried steak." - Larry McMurtry

Level completed: 19%, Points required for next Level: 1,470
    Overall activity: 0.2%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranTagger First Class25000 Experience Points
    Perianne's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 2,534x in 1,379 Posts
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I started this thread five months ago. I have gone against my own advice about being nice. Shame on me. The thing is, I really like Standing Wolf, Leanne, Zhlubb, Jet57, TrueAmerican, Trish, IMPress Polly, and others.

So why do I post threads, whether in jest or not, that might hurt these people? Because I am a poopoo head at times.

I see myself as pushing the envelope on the rules, and I don't want to be that person. One can have opinions without being mean, and I have been mean. I'm sorry.

@Standing Wolf, I write this because of your posts that more or less plead for civility. I can't do anything about anyone else, but I can tone down my own posts and threads.

So, here is my pledge: I will try not to post things that might be hurtful or irritating to others.

Libs and mods, please accept my apologies.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Perianne For This Useful Post:

stephenpe (09-22-2020)

Level completed: 88%, Points required for next Level: 74
    Overall activity: 0.1%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    TheOneOnly2's Avatar Banned
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 213x in 161 Posts
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Perianne View Post
    I started this thread five months ago. I have gone against my own advice about being nice. Shame on me. The thing is, I really like Standing Wolf, Leanne, Zhlubb, Jet57, TrueAmerican, Trish, IMPress Polly, and others.

So why do I post threads, whether in jest or not, that might hurt these people? Because I am a poopoo head at times.

I see myself as pushing the envelope on the rules, and I don't want to be that person. One can have opinions without being mean, and I have been mean. I'm sorry.

@Standing Wolf, I write this because of your posts that more or less plead for civility. I can't do anything about anyone else, but I can tone down my own posts and threads.

So, here is my pledge: I will try not to post things that might be hurtful or irritating to others.

While you are at it how about going easy on pedo accusations. You really hurt my feelings you know. I almost cried.

Level completed: 19%, Points required for next Level: 2,106
    Overall activity: 36.0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    The Booman's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 30,693x in 17,890 Posts
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Always push the boundaries. Bend the rules but don't break them. You've already got that bit sorted so carry on and savage them with the truth.

Level completed: 3%, Points required for next Level: 1,457
    Overall activity: 60.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranSocial25000 Experience Points
    stephenpe's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 2,769x in 1,847 Posts
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wish we conservatives would give Leanne, Trish, and other liberals a break. Yeah, their viewpoints are anathema to us, but our viewpoints are anathema to them.

Actually, Leanne is one of my favorite posters. She posts her feelings and thoughts, then someone attacks her, she fights back, etc. etc. etc. I also suspect she is a young girl, finding her way in the world. What she is learning is that conservatives are mean, hateful, and will use names and bad words against her.

Consider this: I am 62. If I die, I have more-or-less lived a full life. A young woman still has her whole life to live. Perhaps she wants to go to college (like I did in my late 20s), get married, have children, have a career, etc. This is a wonderful time to be alive, especially for a woman. The fear of COVID is likely more intense to someone who is just starting out in life, as opposed to us old farts. I have no fear of death, but it took me 60 years to get to this point.

Maybe we can discuss without being rude and I hope she (and her lefty friends) can do the same.

Really, I feel bad when they are attacked. There are so many attackers against such few lefties.

(Now, there are some who post with the intention to irritate. We know who they are. So this doesn't apply to them.)
    Women. Why I love them. I am 65 and still hope to live productively for awhile........I worked with and for women most of my professional life. Had women principals and working in elem. schools worked mostly with women. My life was wrapped around the concept of kindness (being nice I suppose). Children need that in their lives most of the time. I would model the behaviors I expected from them in my classes. We treat each other with respect and take responsibility for our actions. I swear that at times that Job One. In 40 yrs I can only recall very few times I was not treated kindly by anyone. I pissed of a coworker at times but only remember once or twice I was taken to tasks. Parents were my allies. My goal was to try and give them a positive report on their child when ever I could, either in person or on phone. Then if I had a problem it was much easier to speak to them. Kindness has worked for me my entire life. It is easy, free and is rewared greately (in my case anyway). I approve of this thread (at least page one that I actually read).
    Last edited by stephenpe; 09-22-2020 at 07:05 AM.

Level completed: 3%, Points required for next Level: 1,457
    Overall activity: 60.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranSocial25000 Experience Points
    stephenpe's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 2,769x in 1,847 Posts
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jigglepete View Post
    Every one in in Vermont...afaik, but it isn't news worthy, so who would know besides locals *shrugs*
    same here in two of the nearby towns. I observed first hand one Sunday. No violence but all the signs and flags........

+ Reply to Thread