Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 20,510x in 14,774 Posts
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The outdoors is still there!

I have checked. You can tell that the urban nature of the Corna Virus restrictions doesn't even get that many of us have yards! They keep saying stay inside. I've been gardening , or getting the garden ready for last frost which is a good month away. and a little fishing. Yesterday was beautiful, high 50's and sun all day long. After working as much as I could in the garden I just stayed outside because. But today the weather sucks as it has most of April. I think when the weather breaks that NNY will break out of Cuomo's kingly orders.
    We have relatively few Corona cases , 1 death in a three county area and even critical care RN's were having to take days off. For us it's time to start fighting through this and getting our immunity the only possible way.
    Right now my mood and energy are so much higher on a day like yesterday than a 40 degree rainner like today.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to donttread For This Useful Post:

Common (04-26-2020),Helena (04-26-2020)

Level completed: 98%, Points required for next Level: 31
    Overall activity: 0.1%
    Achievements:
    SocialTagger Second Class10000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Helena's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 2,314x in 1,399 Posts
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In my community, people are out and about doing what they've always done. The only, ONLY visual difference is the mask wearing to be able to go into stores. Because the businesses were instructed to not allow anyone in without a mask. Threatened, really. But yeah, everyone is out at the gardening supply stores, working on their yards, preparing their gardens, going fishing, hiking, having family over, fire pits and barbecues are going, the motorcycle groups are out in full force. As it should be.

That's not to say this hasn't affected the community. It has. The schools being closed and the private "non-essential" small businesses closed are hard on a lot of people, but as far as the virus hitting people? No. A big no. The biggest city near us padded their numbers, but the actual obituaries are what one could expect in a large community of retirement homes. People in their 80's.
    You are wrong about police.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Helena For This Useful Post:

donttread (04-26-2020),Lummy (04-27-2020)

Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    Common's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 18,315x in 10,924 Posts
    Mentioned
    396 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There are points to be made about this Dont, first theres a reason why the most deaths and the most diagnosed with the virus live in urban areas and its simply because theres more people and more contact between them.

No one can deny the virus is spread by contact and contact with items others have had contact with.

If you are in the very at risk bracket over 65 with existing conditions you would be a jackass to put yourself unnecessarily at risk.

THIS IS THE MOST IMPORTANT

Some people are so selfish and self absorbed that the cant even realize that being brazen about the virus and having false Bravado and not following any rules...they are putting their families and friends and everyone they care about at risk, NOT just themselves.

My 2 sils are both cops they have rented a low end apartment with 3 other cops until they are sure as they can be that they wont bring this virus home. It was GrandPas idea that they embraced they are two great guys I couldnt ask for better guardians of my daughters and granddaughters..

Me, Ive been home for 6 weeks its driving my INSANE, I am getting antsy my temper is growing, I feel trapped and I hate it....BUT, I will not leave my property other than to take a drive, until im as sure as I can be that I wont bring it home to my wife.
    Shes at risk for this virus and I will NOT in any way jeopardize her.

I wonder how many people got this virus from someone they love, trust or are close too. I wonder how many have died.

Its easy to blame everyone for your inconvenience and the govt for trying to save lives and for anything else..Go kill yourself its your choice, just dont kill anyone else in the process.
    LETS GO BRANDON
    F Joe Biden

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Common For This Useful Post:

countryboy (04-26-2020)

Level completed: 81%, Points required for next Level: 764
    Overall activity: 47.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteran
    donttread's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Helena View Post
    In my community, people are out and about doing what they've always done. The only, ONLY visual difference is the mask wearing to be able to go into stores. Because the businesses were instructed to not allow anyone in without a mask. Threatened, really. But yeah, everyone is out at the gardening supply stores, working on their yards, preparing their gardens, going fishing, hiking, having family over, fire pits and barbecues are going, the motorcycle groups are out in full force. As it should be.

That's not to say this hasn't affected the community. It has. The schools being closed and the private "non-essential" small businesses closed are hard on a lot of people, but as far as the virus hitting people? No. A big no. The biggest city near us padded their numbers, but the actual obituaries are what one could expect in a large community of retirement homes. People in their 80's.
    I'm at a point where I want to do something I'm not supposed to just to make a point!

Level completed: 98%, Points required for next Level: 31
    Overall activity: 0.1%
    Achievements:
    SocialTagger Second Class10000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Helena's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 2,314x in 1,399 Posts
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by donttread View Post
    I'm at a point where I want to do something I'm not supposed to just to make a point!
    I'd caution you not to go it alone. I'm sure many people feel the same, but without LARGE NUMBERS, en masse at the same time, you'll quickly be made an example of.
    You are wrong about police.

Level completed: 76%, Points required for next Level: 413
    Overall activity: 0.2%
    Achievements:
    Recommendation Second ClassSocial25000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Lummy's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 6,307x in 4,359 Posts
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have checked. You can tell that the urban nature of the Corna Virus restrictions doesn't even get that many of us have yards! They keep saying stay inside. I've been gardening , or getting the garden ready for last frost which is a good month away. and a little fishing. Yesterday was beautiful, high 50's and sun all day long. After working as much as I could in the garden I just stayed outside because. But today the weather sucks as it has most of April. I think when the weather breaks that NNY will break out of Cuomo's kingly orders.
    We have relatively few Corona cases , 1 death in a three county area and even critical care RN's were having to take days off. For us it's time to start fighting through this and getting our immunity the only possible way.
    Right now my mood and energy are so much higher on a day like yesterday than a 40 degree rainner like today.
    Yes it is.

Level completed: 27%, Points required for next Level: 1,765
    Overall activity: 43.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    countryboy's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 21,450x in 13,505 Posts
    Mentioned
    230 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Common View Post
    There are points to be made about this Dont, first theres a reason why the most deaths and the most diagnosed with the virus live in urban areas and its simply because theres more people and more contact between them.

No one can deny the virus is spread by contact and contact with items others have had contact with.

If you are in the very at risk bracket over 65 with existing conditions you would be a jackass to put yourself unnecessarily at risk.

THIS IS THE MOST IMPORTANT

Some people are so selfish and self absorbed that the cant even realize that being brazen about the virus and having false Bravado and not following any rules...they are putting their families and friends and everyone they care about at risk, NOT just themselves.

My 2 sils are both cops they have rented a low end apartment with 3 other cops until they are sure as they can be that they wont bring this virus home. It was GrandPas idea that they embraced they are two great guys I couldnt ask for better guardians of my daughters and granddaughters..

Me, Ive been home for 6 weeks its driving my INSANE, I am getting antsy my temper is growing, I feel trapped and I hate it....BUT, I will not leave my property other than to take a drive, until im as sure as I can be that I wont bring it home to my wife.
    Shes at risk for this virus and I will NOT in any way jeopardize her.

I wonder how many people got this virus from someone they love, trust or are close too. I wonder how many have died.

Its easy to blame everyone for your inconvenience and the govt for trying to save lives and for anything else..Go kill yourself its your choice, just dont kill anyone else in the process.
    Helena illustrates perfectly why this thing will be with us for much longer than necessary. Having family over? That just defeats the whole purpose. Why is this concept so difficult for some people to grasp?
    Cutesy Time is OVER

Level completed: 27%, Points required for next Level: 1,765
    Overall activity: 43.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    countryboy's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 21,450x in 13,505 Posts
    Mentioned
    230 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Like what? What state are you in? You can't make this small personal sacrifice for the greater good? That's really pathetic.
    Cutesy Time is OVER

Level completed: 81%, Points required for next Level: 764
    Overall activity: 47.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteran
    donttread's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What's pathetic is hiding in your home from a virus with a a kill rate similar to the flu. Or tolerating the suspension of the Constitution with the "sure I'll trade liberty for security" mindset.

This was never to going to kill close to the first predictions and even the guy that made those predictions has revised them in early April. No this was dog and pony show certain governors will NOT let go of because of the power they now have.

Anyone who wishes to hide still could. I'd help them buying bring them groceries or something. If the people who want to hide did so why would they care if I didn't?

Level completed: 19%, Points required for next Level: 2,927
    Overall activity: 73.0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsOverdriveVeteran
    carolina73's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 43,648x in 28,238 Posts
    Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Don't forget what Cuomo told you. In NYC 2/3rds of the cases were developed after the shut down. He questioned the effectiveness before he decided to go all political and try to see if he could bump Biden for the nomination.

+ Reply to Thread