TheDictator's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 87x in 71 Posts
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The kind of judgement that is condemned in the Bible is self-righteous judgment based on one's own opinion and not based on the Word of God ( The Bible ).

2. The Following User Says Thank You to TheDictator For This Useful Post:

Kabuki Joe (07-06-2013)

Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    Common's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 18,323x in 10,925 Posts
    Mentioned
    396 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Micketto View Post
    This all comes down to your beliefs of the Bible as a whole. Since it's supposed to be the Word of God, given to human man to record here on Earth... and since there is a lot of condemnation of homosexuality and other sexual impurity in the Bible... and since Jesus is supposed to be God in human form... then that would mean "Jesus" said a lot about the sin of homosexuality.

If you think the Bible is just the words of men, then I understand your argument.... but to those that believe the Bible see that the laws were already established before Jesus was born and there are many, many of those laws (sins) that Jesus never addressed. He didn't have to.

The word "judge" was meant in the sense of "condemnation".
    No we are not to condemn people but we are always supposed to judge them. As I stated earlier in the thread, we are to judge who we befriend, who we trust, etc. I know you don't blindly choose people to trust, to date, to marry. People who pretend we are not supposed to judge others, are just throwing around a very old, tired "noble" stance to stop picking on people and trying to assign a Biblical authority to it.

They are not the same thing by any means.
    You are absolutely right every person on the planet makes judgements about others daily and you had better. You judge the stranger that approachs you on the street or knocks on your door. You judge the doctor you go to for the first time. There is no reason not to be judging any one or any group or any person.
    I have a right to judge how I want to view homosexuality, the teaparty, the democrat or republican parties or Atheist Groups or the catholic church. Hammering people as "JUDGEING" others as being ignorant or overbearing is just a talking point to get an edge in a debate, they are judgeing others too, actually they are judgeing me by telling me I judge others.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Common For This Useful Post:

TheDictator (04-19-2013)

Level completed: 23%, Points required for next Level: 698
    Overall activity: 0.1%
    Achievements:
    Your first GroupSocialVeteran10000 Experience Points
    TheDictator's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 87x in 71 Posts
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Common View Post
    You are absolutely right every person on the planet makes judgements about others daily and you had better. You judge the stranger that approachs you on the street or knocks on your door. You judge the doctor you go to for the first time. There is no reason not to be judging any one or any group or any person.
    I have a right to judge how I want to view homosexuality, the teaparty, the democrat or republican parties or Atheist Groups or the catholic church. Hammering people as "JUDGEING" others as being ignorant or overbearing is just a talking point to get an edge in a debate, they are judgeing others too, actually they are judgeing me by telling me I judge others.
    Very good post.

Level completed: 96%, Points required for next Level: 30
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    auelle's Avatar Junior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 0x in 0 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by zelmo1234 View Post
    I can agree with the most of the staement above. We shoudl hate the sin and love the sinner.

this however does not mean that we have to condone it and allow for gay marrage in our churches! It means that they should be welcome to attend and hear that their chosen lifestyle is not approved by god and what god has told up about it!

This is not to be done with hate or mnalace but with love and understanding!
    I am sorry but you said something that just sticks in my craw. What life style? I am gay, but I was also a mechanic, lived in an apartment and walked a dog. My lifestyle was exactly like anybody elses. The configuration of my partners crotch doesn't equate to my lifestyle.

I lived next door to a straight woman that had nearly the same exact lifestyle as I do. Minus repairing farm equipment.

Sorry, but sex is such a small part of lifestyle to reduce me to a single sexual act is deeply insulting.

I know that isn't your intent, so this was simply to address the misnomer that homosexuals have a different lifestyle.

Level completed: 31%, Points required for next Level: 978
    Achievements:
    25000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Kabuki Joe's Avatar Banned
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 758x in 591 Posts
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jillian View Post
    when a christian does the above, he or she is not "informing" he or she is forgetting absolutely everything jesus said.

p.s. jesus never ever ever ever said a word about gays.

he said a LOT about taking care of the poor.

...yeah, but his boss did...

+ Reply to Thread