User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 78910111213 LastLast

Thread: Racism and Systematic Racism: Safety vs MMC

Original Ranter
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 0.2%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassOverdriveTagger First Class50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    MMC's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 39,167x in 27,728 Posts
    Mentioned
    243 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Safety View Post
    Still more of the same. You incorrectly characterize systemic racism, you intentionally refer to false dichotomies in your representation of my position, then you take what I say and turn it around as if you came up with it.

Wash, rinse, repeat.
    You're wrong about incorrectly characterizing systemic racism. You cant change the definition nor the social theory that came from that definition. No I intentionally put forth research, data, studies, reports, then experts in Law Enforcement, History, Social Theory, and people who lived during a time of systemic racism. All of which debunk systemic racism in this day and age. You tried a one on one debate because you didn't have the courage to take on all that knows it doesn't exist in todays age. Wherein Not only did I take you on one on one, but all of those that think like you that got involved in the open thread.

All that is wash, rinse, and repeat is your own prejudice that blinds you from reality. Hence you doing what all knew you would. Attacking Black men not by countering their argument. But by only one concept. That they were Black and oppose the BS about Systemic racism today. Then you fall off into your affronts/diss, go personal. Mocking and then thinking you know what someone is thinking. Its what you do and your norm around here.
    History does not long Entrust the care of Freedom, to the Weak or Timid!!!!! Dwight D. Eisenhower ~

Level completed: 98%, Points required for next Level: 74
    Overall activity: 0.1%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsTagger Second ClassVeteran
    Safety's Avatar Nationalist
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 22,901x in 15,599 Posts
    Mentioned
    1237 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MMC View Post
    Oh I didn't.....but then not only did I know you would go there. So to did several others. Nah most know there is no such thing as unintentional racism. Most know policies, regulations, and reforms aren't created with any favoring of a race over another. Not in this day and age.

When using studies, research, experts in related fields that debunk the theory and or idea of systemic racism. Don't need my own words that would mirror what the conclusion is. Which was my premise from the very start of this debate. Repeating it would be way more than what already has been repeated. Oh and didn't worry about any mistakes you made. Not once did I claim victim for anything presented.

Yet in reality you were quoted directly many many times in this thread. So that deflection just doesn't carry any weight. Nor does it have anything to do with lacking courage in dealing with you. That just implies that you think more of yourself than whats actually there. As its clear you don't have a clue as to how others see you. Gage you. Assess you. Nor set you up. Knowing exactly how you will react. Like you did with this BS. Even more amusing is how you always fail to see when your own choice of words brings any affront. Though you know that is exactly what you are doing. So save the Righteous BS.
    You're wrong about incorrectly characterizing systemic racism. You cant change the definition nor the social theory that came from that definition. No I intentionally put forth research, data, studies, reports, then experts in Law Enforcement, History, Social Theory, and people who lived during a time of systemic racism. All of which debunk systemic racism in this day and age. You tried a one on one debate because you didn't have the courage to take on all that knows it doesn't exist in todays age. Wherein Not only did I take you on one on one, but all of those that think like you that got involved in the open thread.

All that is wash, rinse, and repeat is your own prejudice that blinds you from reality. Hence you doing what all knew you would. Attacking Black men not by countering their argument. But by only one concept. That they were Black and oppose the BS about Systemic racism today. Then you fall off into your affronts/diss, go personal. Mocking and then thinking you know what someone is thinking. Its what you do and your norm around here.
    I'm glad you finally realized that you cannot change the definition, I just don't know why it took 101 posts for you to get it. Here it is again, just so you can remember it this time....from Merriam-Webster.....

"a doctrine or political program based on the assumption of racism and designed to execute its principles" and "a political or social system founded on racism."
    Continuing....
    Many people think that racism is simply hatred toward people of a different race, which completely overlooks the centuries-long impact of race-based laws, policies, and practices that have caused and perpetuated racial inequities.

Systemic racism goes beyond individual beliefs and feelings about people of other races. It means that the systems on which a society functions—the economic system, the education system, the heathcare system, the criminal justice system, etc.—are both infused with and impacted by the racism within which they were created and maintained.
    This is from... https://www.good.is/Culture/systemic...xplainer-video

Which is pretty much a complete package to debunk anyone insisting systemic racism doesn't exist.

“Conscientiously believing that the proper condition of the negro is slavery, or a complete subjection to the white man, and entertaining the belief that the day is not distant when the old Union will be restored with slavery nationally declared to be the proper condition of all of African descent, and in view of the future harmony and progress of all the States of America, I have been induced to issue this address, so that there may be no misunderstanding in the future”

- Jefferson Davis

Original Ranter
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassOverdriveTagger First Class50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    243 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm glad you finally realized that you cannot change the definition, I just don't know why it took 101 posts for you to get it. Here it is again, just so you can remember it this time....from Merriam-Webster.....

No you aren't glad that you cant change the definition. That the Social Theory is derived from. Lets look at that again.

Rooted in this foundation, systemic racism today is composed of intersecting, overlapping, and codependent racist institutions, policies, practices, ideas, and behaviors.....snip~

Wikipedia

Continuing....

This is from... https://www.good.is/Culture/systemic...xplainer-video

Which is pretty much a complete package to debunk anyone insisting systemic racism doesn't exist.

LOL.....a doctrine or political program based on the assumption of racism

Yet they didn't Debunk Sowell, Hicks, Webb, or Elder. Nor the DOJ, Nor the Academy of Sciences. So that don't mean much. LMAO.

“The percentage of blacks with incomes below the poverty line fell most sharply between 1940 and 1960, going from 87 percent to 47 percent over that span, before either the Civil Rights Act of 1964 or the Voting Rights Act of 1965 and well before the 1970s, when affirmative action evolved into numerical goals or quotas.”

But if not racism, what caused the poverty rate to diminish less drastically after such landmark events as the Civil Rights Act than before their existence? In my post, “The Welfare Delusion”, I go into great detail the effects of government aid on the impoverished, without looking at it through the lens of race. But its effect on the black community cannot be understated. The fact that the welfare system has been aimed so heavily at black Americans is pivotal in understanding disparities among them and other races.

Take the crime rate among blacks, for example. The great sum of this crime is not due to racist cops or a rigged legal system, but to the abundance of fatherless homes......snip~

Sowell uses reality.....not an assumption.

Oh and Coleman Hughes tells you why none has debunked Elder, and is another that validates there is no Systemic Racism.

History does not long Entrust the care of Freedom, to the Weak or Timid!!!!! Dwight D. Eisenhower ~

4. The Following User Says Thank You to MMC For This Useful Post:

FindersKeepers (06-24-2020)

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    1237 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yet they didn't Debunk Sowell, Hicks, Webb, or Elder. Nor the DOJ, Nor the Academy of Sciences. So that don't mean much. LMAO.

“The percentage of blacks with incomes below the poverty line fell most sharply between 1940 and 1960, going from 87 percent to 47 percent over that span, before either the Civil Rights Act of 1964 or the Voting Rights Act of 1965 and well before the 1970s, when affirmative action evolved into numerical goals or quotas.”

But if not racism, what caused the poverty rate to diminish less drastically after such landmark events as the Civil Rights Act than before their existence? In my post, “The Welfare Delusion”, I go into great detail the effects of government aid on the impoverished, without looking at it through the lens of race. But its effect on the black community cannot be understated. The fact that the welfare system has been aimed so heavily at black Americans is pivotal in understanding disparities among them and other races.

Take the crime rate among blacks, for example. The great sum of this crime is not due to racist cops or a rigged legal system, but to the abundance of fatherless homes......snip~

Sowell uses reality.....not an assumption.

Oh and Coleman Hughes tells you why none has debunked Elder, and is another that validates there is no Systemic Racism.

....and once again, you are not arguing that systemic racism doesn't exist, you are attempting to justify the reason it exists. Dismissing the continued appeals to authority you keep posting, the mere fact that the system shows a disparity in results stemming from the mindset that "black people are more criminal, therefore the police targets black people more" is no different than someone saying "why does every time a white cop shoots a black person does it make the news, but not the black on black crime or black on white crime". You agree with the ends justifying the means, but you fail to realize that the means is the reason people are protesting and why systemic racism is a known quantity.
    “Conscientiously believing that the proper condition of the negro is slavery, or a complete subjection to the white man, and entertaining the belief that the day is not distant when the old Union will be restored with slavery nationally declared to be the proper condition of all of African descent, and in view of the future harmony and progress of all the States of America, I have been induced to issue this address, so that there may be no misunderstanding in the future”

- Jefferson Davis

Original Ranter
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    243 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ....and once again, you are not arguing that systemic racism doesn't exist, you are attempting to justify the reason it exists. Dismissing the continued appeals to authority you keep posting, the mere fact that the system shows a disparity in results stemming from the mindset that "black people are more criminal, therefore the police targets black people more" is no different than someone saying "why does every time a white cop shoots a black person does it make the news, but not the black on black crime or black on white crime". You agree with the ends justifying the means, but you fail to realize that the means is the reason people are protesting and why systemic racism is a known quantity.
    Again you must not know how to read and comprehend. When one talks about a Myth of Systemic racism. Only in your head would you think they aren't arguing that systemic racism doesn't exist. When one debunks the assumption of Systemic racism they aren't saying that systemic racism exists. They are saying there is no systemic racism. Myth, Debunking. Not your friends. Remember that!

myth - a widely held but false belief or idea.

Yeah you dismiss the appeals of authority based on some Black guys skin color not by dismissing their argument.
    You dismiss appeals to authority only because they disagree with you. If they agree with you then side with those appeals of authority. There is no ends justifying the means. The reason people are protesting is due to not comprehending issues, Being misled. Not knowing History. Just like when they protested in Ferguson with Michael Brown. Protested all on a lie. A false widely held belief or idea.Yet they protested enmasse.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to MMC For This Useful Post:

FindersKeepers (06-24-2020)

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    1237 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Again you must not know how to read and comprehend. When one talks about a Myth of Systemic racism. Only in your head would you think they aren't arguing that systemic racism doesn't exist. When one debunks the assumption of Systemic racism they aren't saying that systemic racism exists. They are saying there is no systemic racism. Myth, Debunking. Not your friends. Remember that!

myth - a widely held but false belief or idea.

Yeah you dismiss the appeals of authority based on some Black guys skin color not by dismissing their argument.
    You dismiss appeals to authority only because they disagree with you. If they agree with you then side with those appeals of authority. There is no ends justifying the means. The reason people are protesting is due to not comprehending issues, Being misled. Not knowing History. Just like when they protested in Ferguson with Michael Brown. Protested all on a lie. A false widely held belief or idea.Yet they protested enmasse.
    Incorrect. You are arguing that systemic racism is a myth, yet everything I have posted dispels that myth and supports the fact that systemic racism exists. You cannot “debunk” systemic racism by proving LE uses racism to profile citizens, you cannot “debunk” systemic racism by proving there is a disparity in the sentencing of criminals by race, you cannot “debunk” systemic racism by cherry picking one argument from experts, but ignoring the rest of the study, you cannot “debunk” systemic racism by using an individual’s opinion, then saying because you think he is right, therefore it does not exist. They are all flawed logic posing as a debate.

What has been proven in this thread....systemic racism exists, proven by numerous Chiefs of police, proven by numerous experts in the field with studies that is backed by data, proven by multitudes of individuals experiencing it, but because admitting it exists would give validity to organizations that fight it. That would mean the agenda social conservatives base their ideology on, would show it being aligned with what has been the main force that created the marginalization, oppression, and implementation of racist policies, procedures, and laws that has plagued this country for centuries.

Basically, I don’t expect a racist to ever admit they were racist, they would always argue they weren’t, while justifying why they “could” be.

- Jefferson Davis

Original Ranter
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    243 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Incorrect. You are arguing that systemic racism is a myth, yet everything I have posted dispels that myth and supports the fact that systemic racism exists. You cannot “debunk” systemic racism by proving LE uses racism to profile citizens, you cannot “debunk” systemic racism by proving there is a disparity in the sentencing of criminals by race, you cannot “debunk” systemic racism by cherry picking one argument from experts, but ignoring the rest of the study, you cannot “debunk” systemic racism by using an individual’s opinion, then saying because you think he is right, therefore it does not exist. They are all flawed logic posing as a debate.

What has been proven in this thread....systemic racism exists, proven by numerous Chiefs of police, proven by numerous experts in the field with studies that is backed by data, proven by multitudes of individuals experiencing it, but because admitting it exists would give validity to organizations that fight it. That would mean the agenda social conservatives base their ideology on, would show it being aligned with what has been the main force that created the marginalization, oppression, and implementation of racist policies, procedures, and laws that has plagued this country for centuries.

Basically, I don’t expect a racist to ever admit they were racist, they would always argue they weren’t, while justifying why they “could” be.
    Coleman Hughes says its a Myth. Argues that it is a myth and explains why. Sowell just debunked the whole concept of systemic racism existing in this day and age. Not one has stated your assumption is even remotely tied to reality.

Actually its you that can't argue systemic racism exist by bringing up some disparity. Then there was that hilarious crap about racism being unintentional.

Whats been proven in this thread. Is that systemic racism doesn't exist in this day and age. By the National Academy of Sciences. By the DOJ. By University studies. By Law Enforcement Experts. That it doesn't exist in Law Enforcement. By the Public and Police research. By top Black Leaders that are conservatives. 2 of them who use to be die hard leftists. But then discovered the truth about the Left and their Democrats. That Systemic Racism is nothing more than an assumption. A Failed Social Theory Construct.

Of course you don't expect yourself to ever admit to it. But then you thought you were debating a white man.

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    1237 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Coleman Hughes says its a Myth. Argues that it is a myth and explains why. Sowell just debunked the whole concept of systemic racism existing in this day and age. Not one has stated your assumption is even remotely tied to reality.

Actually its you that can't argue systemic racism exist by bringing up some disparity. Then there was that hilarious crap about racism being unintentional.

Whats been proven in this thread. Is that systemic racism doesn't exist in this day and age. By the National Academy of Sciences. By the DOJ. By University studies. By Law Enforcement Experts. That it doesn't exist in Law Enforcement. By the Public and Police research. By top Black Leaders that are conservatives. 2 of them who use to be die hard leftists. But then discovered the truth about the Left and their Democrats. That Systemic Racism is nothing more than an assumption. A Failed Social Theory Construct.

Of course you don't expect yourself to ever admit to it. But then you thought you were debating a white man.
    “Coleman Hughes says its a myth”...“Sowell says...”...textbook argument based upon the fallacy that because someone in authority says it, it must be true. That isn’t an argument, that’s an opinion.

Actually, the very distinction of showing disparity “by race” by systems, agencies, and government, proves that systemic racism exists.

The very fact that you even mention what race you are not as it making a f’fing difference, only strengthens my argument that social conservatives are heavily vested in making sure systemic racism doesn’t exist, therefore social order can be maintained. See my last sentence of my previous reply.

- Jefferson Davis

Original Ranter
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    243 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    “Coleman Hughes says its a myth”...“Sowell says...”...textbook argument based upon the fallacy that because someone in authority says it, it must be true. That isn’t an argument, that’s an opinion.

Actually, the very distinction of showing disparity “by race” by systems, agencies, and government, proves that systemic racism exists.

The very fact that you even mention what race you are not as it making a f’fing difference, only strengthens my argument that social conservatives are heavily vested in making sure systemic racism doesn’t exist, therefore social order can be maintained. See my last sentence of my previous reply.
    Oh like your video that showed Shapiro getting debunked and then you trying to use those talking points. That Sowell already debunked. The Bottomline is no one has taken on Sowell from your side. There is a reason for that. And again all that I have posted in this thread validates there isn't any Systemic racism in this day and age.

What you have is an assumption on racism vs reality. Now you go off into another assumption of social conservatives. Despite those you tout and aspire to be, claiming they are the elites.

Hughes is correct in that....Systemic racism is a myth. Just a widely held but false belief of an idea that use to exist. But no longer exists any more. Systemic racism and your unintentional racism is a falsehood. Not true. Not real. No matter how much you repeat it. Oh and you have no point in talking about race when it comes to Sowell, Elder, Hicks, Webb, Hughes or myself. Meaning you don't get to use it in any shape or form while trying to chastise others for countering your BS with what you bring to the table.

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    1237 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh like your video that showed Shapiro getting debunked and then you trying to use those talking points. That Sowell already debunked. The Bottomline is no one has taken on Sowell from your side. There is a reason for that. And again all that I have posted in this thread validates there isn't any Systemic racism in this day and age.

What you have is an assumption on racism vs reality. Now you go off into another assumption of social conservatives. Despite those you tout and aspire to be, claiming they are the elites.

Hughes is correct in that....Systemic racism is a myth. Just a widely held but false belief of an idea that use to exist. But no longer exists any more. Systemic racism and your unintentional racism is a falsehood. Not true. Not real. No matter how much you repeat it. Oh and you have no point in talking about race when it comes to Sowell, Elder, Hicks, Webb, Hughes or myself. Meaning you don't get to use it in any shape or form while trying to chastise others for countering your BS with what you bring to the table.
    Why don’t you read back through the thread, you were the one that touted Sowell’s and Elder’s race as it meaning anything. Just like you were the one to open the door to using fallacies to make your argument. You don’t get to claim foul now because I point it out. Please use the correct definitions when you attempt to debate, because you can not claim something as being an assumption when it has data and documents to back it up.

- Jefferson Davis

+ Reply to Thread