Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 21,087x in 12,282 Posts
    Mentioned
    415 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

The seventh and final season of 'Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.' is coming to a close next week with a two-hour finale. Unfortunately it's ending with a weak, overly convoluted and humorless storyline; previous seasons have been far more enjoyable. Nevertheless I will miss the show. Like other shows that have been more or less abandoned by the powers that be at Marvel - 'Luke Cage', 'Daredevil', 'Jessica Jones', 'The Punisher', 'Iron Fist' - it didn't fit in with the company's plans for Phase 4 of the Cinematic Universe or its vision - no pun intended - of what it wanted its presence on the small screen to be.

The late, great Bill Paxton played a very memorable character on 'Agents' for a half dozen episodes back in 2014 - John Garrett, a top S.H.I.E.L.D. field agent who is revealed to be a HYDRA mole. This season, in a storyline involving time travel, we see a young John Garrett and learn the backstory of his recruitment by HYDRA. The first time he appeared onscreen, I was struck by the facial similarity between Bill Paxton, who passed away in 2017, and the actor playing a younger version of his character. Then I saw a familiar name in the credits: Bill's son James.

Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.” - Robert E. Howard

"Only a rank degenerate would drive 1,500 miles across Texas and not eat a chicken fried steak." - Larry McMurtry

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Standing Wolf For This Useful Post:

MisterVeritis (08-29-2020)

Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 86.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteranTagger First ClassOverdrive
    Awards:
    Activity Award
    MisterVeritis's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 39,245x in 27,866 Posts
    Mentioned
    385 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I started watching the entire series a few weeks ago. I like it better the second time through.
    Call your state legislators and insist they approve the Article V convention of States to propose amendments.

I pledge allegiance to the Constitution as written and understood by this nation's founders, and to the Republic it created, an indivisible union of sovereign States, with liberty and justice for all.

Level completed: 63%, Points required for next Level: 853
    Overall activity: 39.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteran
    Standing Wolf's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 21,087x in 12,282 Posts
    Mentioned
    415 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I think the wife and I stopped watching the show sometime around season 4, and I didn't really give it a lot of thought till I heard that the seventh and final season was being shown. So I did what you did - watched the series from the beginning. At least one episode, sometimes three or four in a day. The whole time-travel storyline of the seventh season gave them an opportunity to have fun with the opening credits, mimicking the typical opening credits of shows in the '50s, '70s, etc. That was funny.

It will be interesting to see whether Phil Coulson ever returns to the cinematic Marvel Universe - he was such a unifying presence in the earlier movies. As far as we know, the Avengers aren't even aware that he's alive...again. Sort of. (No spoilers)
    Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.” - Robert E. Howard

"Only a rank degenerate would drive 1,500 miles across Texas and not eat a chicken fried steak." - Larry McMurtry

Level completed: 2%, Points required for next Level: 2,058
    Overall activity: 0.1%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsOverdriveVeteran
    OGIS's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 2,647x in 2,130 Posts
    Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just finished binge watching it on Netflix. Nicely done.
    Wearing a mask with your nose sticking out is like wearing a condom on your testicles.

When out walking, look out for PROBlems. You know: maskless Plague Rats On Bicycles who blow past you without giving you time to get out of the way.

Ah, CONServatives, the Masters of Projection (MOPs). With CONServatives, every accusation is a confession. Weird, that.

............Oh, what fresh hell is this?
    ,,,........¯¯\_(ツ)_/¯¯
    ....... Not my circus, not my monkeys

6. The Following User Says Thank You to OGIS For This Useful Post:

Standing Wolf (12-14-2020)

+ Reply to Thread