Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 26,625x in 16,267 Posts
    Mentioned
    271 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Barr: 'false narrative' that cops are shooting blacks

The non-truncated title is Barr Says it's a "False Narrative" that There's an Epidemic of Cops Shooting Unarmed Black Men

I'm pretty sure we on this forum already know that.

“I think the narrative that the police are on some epidemic of shooting unarmed black men is simply a false narrative,” Barr said in a CNN appearance. “The fact is that it’s very rare for an unarmed African American to be shot by a white police officer.”
    That said, more blacks, percentage-wise are shot by cops than are whites.

Those shot by police officers are majority White, 52 percent, but 32 percent are Black, though African Americans make up 13 percent of the population, according to findings from the National Institutes of Health.
    https://www.foxnews.com/politics/bar...rmed-black-men

However, this is exactly what Roland Fryer addressed in his comprehensive study where he showed that black suspects were not more likely than white suspects to be shot (per confrontation). So, why are blacks being shot at a higher rate if not for racism? The answer is simple and I first learned it on this forum and then I researched it--it's because a higher percentage of blacks are committing crimes, so more are likely to have run-ins with the police.

The media has twisted that, as have anarchist groups, such as Revcom, but Barr is correct in his assessment. It's a false narrative.

All the violence we're seeing today could end if the media could just tell the truth.
    ""A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul" ~George Bernard Shaw

2. The Following User Says Thank You to FindersKeepers For This Useful Post:

MMC (09-03-2020)

Level completed: 29%, Points required for next Level: 1,722
    Overall activity: 41.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    countryboy's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 21,459x in 13,509 Posts
    Mentioned
    230 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FindersKeepers View Post
    The non-truncated title is Barr Says it's a "False Narrative" that There's an Epidemic of Cops Shooting Unarmed Black Men

I'm pretty sure we on this forum already know that.

That said, more blacks, percentage-wise are shot by cops than are whites.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/bar...rmed-black-men

However, this is exactly what Roland Fryer addressed in his comprehensive study where he showed that black suspects were not more likely than white suspects to be shot (per confrontation). So, why are blacks being shot at a higher rate if not for racism? The answer is simple and I first learned it on this forum and then I researched it--it's because a higher percentage of blacks are committing crimes, so more are likely to have run-ins with the police.

The media has twisted that, as have anarchist groups, such as Revcom, but Barr is correct in his assessment. It's a false narrative.

All the violence we're seeing today could end if the media could just tell the truth.
    The number one reason for getting shot by a police officer is, behavior. I know, shocker, right? If people would just spend a little time watching badge cam footage, this would become patently clear to them. In reality, police officers show great restraint most of the time. Often times to the detriment of their own safety.
    Cutesy Time is OVER

4. The Following User Says Thank You to countryboy For This Useful Post:

FindersKeepers (09-03-2020)

Original Ranter
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 0.2%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassOverdriveTagger First Class50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    MMC's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 39,163x in 27,727 Posts
    Mentioned
    243 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yet the Lame Stream Media is actively looking to highlight any blacks killed by cops. While avoiding the Major Headlines of Whites shot by Cops.

Hopefully Cops are catching on to what the Lame Stream Media is doing.
    History does not long Entrust the care of Freedom, to the Weak or Timid!!!!! Dwight D. Eisenhower ~

6. The Following User Says Thank You to MMC For This Useful Post:

FindersKeepers (09-03-2020)

+ Reply to Thread