User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Critical Race Theory

Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 88.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassYour first GroupOverdrive50000 Experience PointsTagger First ClassVeteran
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Chris's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 80,903x in 54,720 Posts
    Mentioned
    2011 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheOneOnly2 View Post
    Sounds like a form/stream of Permanent Revolution.
    Let's say a revolution against reason.
    Tradition is not the worship of ashes, but the preservation of fire. ― Gustav Mahler

Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassYour first GroupOverdrive50000 Experience PointsTagger First ClassVeteran
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    2011 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Trump to Feds: Stop 'Anti-American' Training on 'Critical Race Theory’

On a Friday evening and as November looms, the White House has opened another front in the culture war. At the direction of the president, the Office of Management and Budget is ordering all federal agencies to “cease and desist” any government training programs that include any reference to “critical race theory” or “white privilege,” RealClearPolitics has exclusively learned.

The theory has long been in vogue within academics. Trump now seeks to root it out within the administrative state. Among the ideas underpinning CRT, now formally condemned by the White House, is that the law and all accompanying legal institutions are inherently racist, and that race itself has no biological grounds. The concept of ethnicity is, instead, the product of a white society that uses systems and institutions to advance its own interests at the expense of minorities.

...“It has come to the President’s attention that Executive Branch agencies have spent millions of taxpayer dollars to date ‘training’ government workers to believe divisive, anti-American propaganda,” Vought writes in the memo, obtained first by RCP.

“For example, according to press reports, employees across the Executive Branch have been required to attend trainings where they are told that ‘virtually all White people contribute to racism’ or where they are required to say that they ‘benefit from racism,’” he continued.

...“The divisive, false, and demeaning propaganda of the critical race theory movement is contrary to all we stand for as Americans and should have no place in the Federal government,” he concluded.
    Tradition is not the worship of ashes, but the preservation of fire. ― Gustav Mahler

Original Ranter
    Overall activity: 90.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialCreated Album picturesOverdrive50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Awards:
    Posting Award
    Peter1469's Avatar Advisor
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 147,578x in 94,412 Posts
    Mentioned
    2552 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

President Trump’s Ban on Critical Race Theory, Explained

President Trump’s Ban on Critical Race Theory, Explained

I am going to skip the begging of the article that focuses on Trump and the politics behind his "ban" of critical race theory. You can read it at the link.

Of more interest to me is the back ground of CRT, its negative effects, and its ties to Marxism (The Frankfurt School).

Intellectual Ancestry

To answer that, it would help to trace CRT to its roots. Critical Race Theory is a branch of Critical Theory, which began as an academic movement in the 1930s. Critical Theory emphasizes the "critique of society and culture in order to reveal and challenge power structures," as Wikipedia states. Critical Race Theory does the same, with a focus on racial power structures, especially white supremacy and the oppression of people of color.

The "power structure" prism stems largely from Critical Theory's own roots in Marxism—Critical Theory was developed by members of the Marxist "Frankfurt School." Traditional Marxism emphasized economic power structures, especially the supremacy of capital over labor under capitalism. Marxism interpreted most of human history as a zero-sum class war for economic power.

“According to the Marxian view," wrote the economist Ludwig von Mises, "human society is organized into classes whose interests stand in irreconcilable opposition.”

Mises called this view a "conflict doctrine," which opposed the "harmony doctrine" of classical liberalism. According to the classical liberals, in a free market economy, capitalists and workers were natural allies, not enemies. Indeed, in a free society all rights-respecting individuals were natural allies.

A Bitter Inheritance

Critical Race Theory arose as a distinct movement in law schools in the late 1980s. CRT inherited many of its premises and perspectives from its Marxist ancestry.

The pre-CRT Civil Rights Movement had emphasized equal rights and treating people as individuals, as opposed to as members of a racial collective. “I look to a day when people will not be judged by the color of their skin, but by the content of their character,” Martin Luther King famously said.

In contrast, CRT dwells on inequalities of outcome, which it generally attributes to racial power structures. And, as we’ve seen from the government training curricula, modern CRT forthrightly judges white people by the color of their skin, prejudging them as racist by virtue of their race. This race-based “pre-trial guilty verdict” of racism is itself, by definition, racist.

The classical liberal "harmony doctrine" was deeply influential in the movements to abolish all forms of inequality under the law: from feudal serfdom, to race-based slavery, to Jim Crow.

But, with the rise of Critical Race Theory, the cause of racial justice became more influenced by the fixations on conflict, discord, and domination that CRT inherited from Marxism.
    Read the entire article at the link.
    ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Peter1469 For This Useful Post:

Chris (09-15-2020)

Achievements:
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    2011 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Indeed, both CRT and BLM are tied to Marxism.

Interesting. On a neighborhood forum, someone posted this uniform nonsense and most comments sympathized.

BLM and other human right topics. Hello everyone! I’m a college graduate who has been seeing a lot of innacurate interpretations of things in the media so I’d thought I’d share a bit of knowledge that I’m sure some will disagree because that will be their belief regardless of the facts. But here it goes

When folks use the term “black lives matter” they are not saying your life does not matter. Contrary to popular belief, bringing emphasis to one type of thing does not negate the rest. For instance If I said “I like the color green” DOESNT mean I hate all other colors it just means I’m focusing on the green color. For many who say “it’s not just black lives it’s all lives” you are correct. We should all matter, but sadly, that is not the case for many people of color and hasn’t been for many many centuries. For those of you who are not in that category, have no idea what it’s like to fear for your life in situations that we usually take for granted. Black Lives Matter isn’t telling you that your life does not matter in any way, in fact to compare, if I went to the doctor telling him that my arm was broken, and he tells me “all your bones should matter why just your arm?”, He’d sound really silly saying that. Because in retrospect, facts and statistics have proven that POC are more likely to die/be incarcerated/get injured/get followed in a grocery store on the account of theft, then any other race.

In situations of protest I would like to remind everybody that we got the right to vote, right to marry who we please, right to use the same restrooms, and many other things in history by the use of protests. It is not uncommon to associate groups fighting for basic human rights as “violent” and “unnecessary”, and even though some people use the slogan in vain for bad purpose, every group has bad people, but that shouldn’t erase the struggles of others want for change and justice.

For POC and even LGBTQ+ a lot of people are very judgemental of them, but truth is, that shows of lack of knowledge of your faith, as Jesus was kind and loving to all people, and fought for those turned away by society and Anyone’s relationship with God is between them and him. In addition, you could live your whole life following the rule of your religion but, the smallest thing can send you straight to where you don’t want to go. He also reminds us that just because it is a law does not mean it’s just.

Once again, love others with kindness and fight for human rights always, even if it doesn’t directly affect you. Lack of empathy and biased knowledge comes from privilege and inaccurate depictions of originally beautiful concepts.
    Recent college grad, hmm, ok, figures, indoctrinated.

(No, I won't provide a link. It's a local forum too close to home.)

Original Ranter
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Posting Award
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    2552 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    Indeed, both CRT and BLM are tied to Marxism.

Interesting. On a neighborhood forum, someone posted this uniform nonsense and most comments sympathized.

Recent college grad, hmm, ok, figures, indoctrinated.

(No, I won't provide a link. It's a local forum too close to home.)
    You can see the indoctrination in his post. I am glad I got through school before the big push for Cultural Marxism in higher education- at least where I went to school.
    ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Achievements:
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    2011 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter1469 View Post
    You can see the indoctrination in his post. I am glad I got through school before the big push for Cultural Marxism in higher education- at least where I went to school.
    Same here.

When and where I went to university a number of departments got together once a week to debate politics, lib v con. It was all very open. I learned a lot. About politics. About arguing rationally.

Nowadays you can get yourself in big trouble for expressing opinions contrary to the university's held position.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Chris For This Useful Post:

Peter1469 (09-15-2020)

Original Ranter
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Posting Award
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    2552 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Same here.

When and where I went to university a number of departments got together once a week to debate politics, lib v con. It was all very open. I learned a lot. About politics. About arguing rationally.

Nowadays you can get yourself in big trouble for expressing opinions contrary to the university's held position.
    A friend of mine was one of my political science professors in college- he has talked about that quite a bit.
    ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Peter1469 For This Useful Post:

Chris (09-15-2020)

Achievements:
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    2011 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Is Critical Race Theory Racist?

Critical theory bulldozes all the complexities of history, education, and communities into a world of good guys and bad guys, oppressors and oppressed. And in doing so, it makes it nearly impossible to deal with the actual issues of denied opportunities, prejudiced expectations, and instances of real racism that need to be addressed.

...Critical theory emerged out of the post-modern intellectual movement of the mid-twentieth century that rejected core ideas of the Enlightenment and posits that truth, rather than being something that can be discerned via reason (or religious revelation), is in fact entirely a social construction. Post-modernism was eventually wed to Marxist theory through the work of scholars like Herbert Marcuse, and stakes the claim that, rather than objective truth, there are only stories that we tell ourselves. And those stories generally are designed to justify or perpetuate power structures between oppressor and oppressed.

...One of the biggest problems with critical theory is that, based on the logic of critical theory itself, its assumptions and claims cannot be challenged. If you question a critical theorist, you are merely proving how deeply you are in denial of your own privilege and power.

...But, at least in my opinion, the single most worrisome aspect of critical theory is where it leads us. If everything is ultimately about exposing power (the bad guys) and giving it to those who are supposedly without power (the good guys), then how is that to be accomplished if the powerful won’t simply step aside?

So what happens when the weak and oppressed are put in positions of power and oppression?

Ouroboros.

Level completed: 5%, Points required for next Level: 1,999
    Overall activity: 0.2%
    Achievements:
    SocialTagger First ClassVeteranRecommendation Second ClassOverdrive50000 Experience Points
    Calypso Jones's Avatar Banned
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 10,860x in 6,374 Posts
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is Critical Race Theory Racist?

So what happens when the weak and oppressed are put in positions of power and oppression?

Ouroboros.
    there is hell to pay.

21Under three things the earth trembles, under four it cannot bear up: 22 a servant who becomes king, a fool who is filled with food,23an unloved woman who marries, and a maidservant who supplants her mistress.…

Proverbs 30:22
    Last edited by Calypso Jones; 10-03-2020 at 10:55 AM.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Calypso Jones For This Useful Post:

Perianne (10-03-2020)

Level completed: 98%, Points required for next Level: 53
    Overall activity: 0.3%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    nathanbforrest45's Avatar Banned
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 16,261x in 10,568 Posts
    Mentioned
    129 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I could support Black Lives Matter if the main thrust was to highlight the fact that Black Lives indeed do matter. But that, in my opinion, is not the purpose of the Black Lives Matter movement. Rather it is to promote that Black Lives Matter above all others. You could equally say that if you say "All Lives Matter" you are not saying that black lives do not. It is my considered opinion that the Black Lives Matter movement is actually about destroying the capitalist system and reducing white people to second class citizens. I have come way to far in my thinking regarding the equality of us all to allow this.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nathanbforrest45 For This Useful Post:

barb012 (10-03-2020),Chris (10-03-2020)

+ Reply to Thread