User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: It's Small Business Week. And Democrats Blocked Effort to Reopen PPP......

  1. #1
    Original Ranter
    Points: 259,596, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.6%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassOverdriveTagger First Class50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    MMC's Avatar Senior Member
    Karma
    55197
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Chicago Illinois
    Posts
    66,748
    Points
    259,596
    Level
    100
    Thanks Given
    32,636
    Thanked 24,194x in 17,696 Posts
    Mentioned
    155 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    It's Small Business Week. And Democrats Blocked Effort to Reopen PPP......

    It's been 47 days since the closure of the Payment Protection Program, preventing small businesses for applying for CARES Act funding. House Small Business Committee Ranking Member Steve Chabot has a piece of legislation that would re-open the PPP to start funneling that money to businesses in desperate need during the pandemic.

    "Real people's jobs continue to be in jeopardy through no fault of their own," Chabot said on the House floor on Wednesday. "This is just unacceptable...This is unacceptable because small businesses play an outsized role in our economy."
    Nearly one out of every two people in this country are employed by small businesses, he explained. And small businesses create two out of every three new jobs.
    "We have an option before us today - this very day - if we defeat today's previous question we can move directly to my legislation to re-open the Paycheck Protection Program," the congressman urged his colleagues.
    But as you can expect, Democrats didn't listen.


    Democrats blocked Chabot's effort during Small Business Week.



    Steve Scalise



    @SteveScalise







    Pelosi is BLOCKING aid to small biz—again.$138B of PPP funds are unused, but she'd rather hold it hostage to play politics than let businesses in need use it.Republicans are filing a discharge petition to force a vote.Now Dems are panicking. Even her own party is fed up......snip~


    https://townhall.com/tipsheet/cortne...loans-n2576818



    Democrats just handed Trump and Repubs the win.

    History does not long Entrust the care of Freedom, to the Weak or Timid!!!!! Dwight D. Eisenhower ~

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to MMC For This Useful Post:

    stjames1_53 (09-24-2020)

  3. #2
    Original Ranter
    Points: 613,983, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 100.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialCreated Album picturesOverdrive50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Awards:
    Posting Award
    Peter1469's Avatar Advisor
    Karma
    447003
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    NOVA
    Posts
    182,074
    Points
    613,983
    Level
    100
    Thanks Given
    114,134
    Thanked 97,987x in 64,663 Posts
    Mentioned
    2332 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dems don't like small businesses. They want to kill as many off as possible.
    ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

    Please visit my blog http://thepoliticalforums.com/blogs/peter/
    (If a post link does not work, see the archives- it should work there.)

  4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Peter1469 For This Useful Post:

    barb012 (09-24-2020),MMC (09-24-2020),stjames1_53 (09-24-2020)

  5. #3
    Points: 1,455, Level: 8
    Level completed: 69%, Points required for next Level: 95
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    3 months registered1000 Experience Points
    murdock's Avatar Senior Member
    Karma
    390
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Posts
    457
    Points
    1,455
    Level
    8
    Thanks Given
    196
    Thanked 380x in 227 Posts
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why do we need new laws just to let businesses do what they do?

  6. The Following User Says Thank You to murdock For This Useful Post:

    stjames1_53 (09-24-2020)

  7. #4
    Original Ranter
    Points: 259,596, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.6%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassOverdriveTagger First Class50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    MMC's Avatar Senior Member
    Karma
    55197
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Chicago Illinois
    Posts
    66,748
    Points
    259,596
    Level
    100
    Thanks Given
    32,636
    Thanked 24,194x in 17,696 Posts
    Mentioned
    155 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Remember now.....this is what Demos did to small Business.
    History does not long Entrust the care of Freedom, to the Weak or Timid!!!!! Dwight D. Eisenhower ~

  8. #5
    Points: 9,863, Level: 23
    Level completed: 77%, Points required for next Level: 187
    Overall activity: 34.0%
    Achievements:
    3 months registered5000 Experience Points
    John Galt's Avatar Senior Member
    Karma
    1080
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Posts
    4,081
    Points
    9,863
    Level
    23
    Thanks Given
    893
    Thanked 1,070x in 894 Posts
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MMC View Post
    It's been 47 days since the closure of the Payment Protection Program, preventing small businesses for applying for CARES Act funding. House Small Business Committee Ranking Member Steve Chabot has a piece of legislation that would re-open the PPP to start funneling that money to businesses in desperate need during the pandemic.

    "Real people's jobs continue to be in jeopardy through no fault of their own," Chabot said on the House floor on Wednesday. "This is just unacceptable...This is unacceptable because small businesses play an outsized role in our economy."
    Nearly one out of every two people in this country are employed by small businesses, he explained. And small businesses create two out of every three new jobs.
    "We have an option before us today - this very day - if we defeat today's previous question we can move directly to my legislation to re-open the Paycheck Protection Program," the congressman urged his colleagues.
    But as you can expect, Democrats didn't listen.


    Democrats blocked Chabot's effort during Small Business Week.



    Steve Scalise



    @SteveScalise







    Pelosi is BLOCKING aid to small biz—again.$138B of PPP funds are unused, but she'd rather hold it hostage to play politics than let businesses in need use it.Republicans are filing a discharge petition to force a vote.Now Dems are panicking. Even her own party is fed up......snip~


    https://townhall.com/tipsheet/cortne...loans-n2576818



    Democrats just handed Trump and Repubs the win.

    Lie

  9. #6
    Original Ranter
    Points: 259,596, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.6%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassOverdriveTagger First Class50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    MMC's Avatar Senior Member
    Karma
    55197
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Chicago Illinois
    Posts
    66,748
    Points
    259,596
    Level
    100
    Thanks Given
    32,636
    Thanked 24,194x in 17,696 Posts
    Mentioned
    155 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by John Galt View Post
    Lie
    Fact and the 2nd time House Democrats blocked PPP.



    House Democrats Block Funding for Police, Small Business Aid

    https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2020/08/22/...
    Aug 22, 2020 · Two hundred and thirty Democrats voted to block the House Republican bills to fund the police, aid small businesses suffering through the coronavirus pandemic, and help develop vaccines and therapeutics to treat patients with the coronavirus. One hundred and seventy Republicans voted in favor of considering the GOP bills.
    History does not long Entrust the care of Freedom, to the Weak or Timid!!!!! Dwight D. Eisenhower ~

  10. The Following User Says Thank You to MMC For This Useful Post:

    Peter1469 (09-26-2020)

  11. #7
    Original Ranter
    Points: 613,983, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 100.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialCreated Album picturesOverdrive50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Awards:
    Posting Award
    Peter1469's Avatar Advisor
    Karma
    447003
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    NOVA
    Posts
    182,074
    Points
    613,983
    Level
    100
    Thanks Given
    114,134
    Thanked 97,987x in 64,663 Posts
    Mentioned
    2332 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MMC View Post
    Fact and the 2nd time House Democrats blocked PPP.



    House Democrats Block Funding for Police, Small Business Aid

    https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2020/08/22/...
    Aug 22, 2020 · Two hundred and thirty Democrats voted to block the House Republican bills to fund the police, aid small businesses suffering through the coronavirus pandemic, and help develop vaccines and therapeutics to treat patients with the coronavirus. One hundred and seventy Republicans voted in favor of considering the GOP bills.
    Do you wonder how some people can just type out lie with zero basis? Something wrong with them, I think.
    ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

    Please visit my blog http://thepoliticalforums.com/blogs/peter/
    (If a post link does not work, see the archives- it should work there.)

  12. The Following User Says Thank You to Peter1469 For This Useful Post:

    MMC (09-26-2020)

  13. #8
    Points: 5,919, Level: 18
    Level completed: 29%, Points required for next Level: 431
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    barb012's Avatar Senior Member
    Karma
    1416
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    1,806
    Points
    5,919
    Level
    18
    Thanks Given
    1,085
    Thanked 1,406x in 870 Posts
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    People with 401K plans that are employed by left wing owners are now working to keep that money that is invested. One major telltale sign is if your company changes to a different investment firm. An investment firm that most employees have never heard of its name before should be very concerned about their 401K plan. The big companies that we are familiar cannot participate in working to take your investment because they have expanded across the globe so their reputation must not be destroyed.

  14. #9
    Original Ranter
    Points: 259,596, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.6%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassOverdriveTagger First Class50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    MMC's Avatar Senior Member
    Karma
    55197
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Chicago Illinois
    Posts
    66,748
    Points
    259,596
    Level
    100
    Thanks Given
    32,636
    Thanked 24,194x in 17,696 Posts
    Mentioned
    155 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter1469 View Post
    Do you wonder how some people can just type out lie with zero basis? Something wrong with them, I think.
    Not really.....when engaging leftists.
    History does not long Entrust the care of Freedom, to the Weak or Timid!!!!! Dwight D. Eisenhower ~

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts