User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 391011121314 LastLast

Thread: President Trump.. THIRD Nobel Prize Nomination!!

Level completed: 27%, Points required for next Level: 810
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsVeteran
    invictus's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 1,584x in 1,215 Posts
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MMC View Post
    Its not just the US that knows. Even the Taliban knew before they accepted allegiance from AQ.

Russia has been interfering in US Elections going back to Truman. The only truth that isnt being released is the Demos and their ties to Russia.

But then if people know history. The Demos wouldnt be able to hide any of their dealings.
    That's not true. I remember reading about it in either WSJ or NYT a year, year and a half ago.

Never heard of Russians favouring a candidate before Trump but it's possible.

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter1469 View Post
    Soleimani’s legacy: The gruesome, advanced IEDs that haunted U.S. troops in Iraq

These were special IEDs- explosive formed penetrators (EFPs).
    Okay, I guess I'm sold.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to invictus For This Useful Post:

Peter1469 (09-30-2020)

Original Ranter
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.9%
    Achievements:
    SocialCreated Album picturesOverdrive50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Awards:
    Posting Award
    Peter1469's Avatar Advisor
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 148,541x in 94,964 Posts
    Mentioned
    2554 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by invictus View Post
    Okay, I guess I'm sold.
    On my last deployment an Iranian SF unit dressed in US Army uniforms, used a US Army captured hummvee, spoke perfect English and got onto a US forward operating base. They assaulted the tactical operation center. Killed a few Soldiers to include an officer, kidnapped one soldier, and started their exfil.

When they were perused they executed their prisoner and effected their escape.

On that deployment I was the Chief of Administrative law and one of my many duties was to provide a legal review to all death investigations. So I know the details on that attack.
    ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Peter1469 For This Useful Post:

US Conservative (09-30-2020)

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter1469 View Post
    On my last deployment an Iranian SF unit dressed in US Army uniforms, used a US Army captured hummvee, spoke perfect English and got onto a US forward operating base. They assaulted the tactical operation center. Killed a few Soldiers to include an officer, kidnapped one soldier, and started their exfil.

When they were perused they executed their prisoner and effected their escape.

On that deployment I was the Chief of Administrative law and one of my many duties was to provide a legal review to all death investigations. So I know the details on that attack.
    I read the article. Didn't know Soleimani (Or however you spell it) was involved in such operations though. Still think ripping up the Iran deal was a mistake.

Original Ranter
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.9%
    Achievements:
    SocialCreated Album picturesOverdrive50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Awards:
    Posting Award
    Peter1469's Avatar Advisor
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 148,541x in 94,964 Posts
    Mentioned
    2554 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I read the article. Didn't know Soleimani (Or however you spell it) was involved in such operations though. Still think ripping up the Iran deal was a mistake.
    We can certainly agree to disagree.
    ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Peter1469 For This Useful Post:

invictus (09-30-2020)

Level completed: 57%, Points required for next Level: 1,580
    Overall activity: 71.0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsOverdriveVeteran
    Awards:
    Activity Award
    carolina73's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 44,137x in 28,529 Posts
    Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's not true. I remember reading about it in either WSJ or NYT a year, year and a half ago.

Never heard of Russians favouring a candidate before Trump but it's possible.
    That's ridiculous if you think about your statement. The only way you interfere with an election is to push the underdog. It does not mean that you prefer the candidate but their goal is just to disrupt. Division in the US is what helps Russia. They do not want to see Nationalism grow in the US.
    Russia also ran ads against Trump to cause chaos after he won the election. Of their Facebook spending they had 40% spent before the election and 60% spent after the election.
    Last edited by carolina73; 09-30-2020 at 09:42 AM.

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by carolina73 View Post
    That's ridiculous if you think about your statement. The only way you interfere with an election is to push the underdog. It does not mean that you prefer the candidate but their goal is just to disrupt. Division in the US is what helps Russia. They do not want to see Nationalism grow in the US.
    Well, there is a theory that Putin personally hated Clinton because she kicked him when he was down. It could also be the fact that Obama imposed sanctions on Russia after they annexed Crimea and Clinton was the Secretary of State under Obama. The release of email a month (Or something like that) before the election was obviously to hurt her chances as the files were stolen much earlier in the year. And Trumps stance on Russia was very soft compared to China and other adversaries of the US. There's plenty of reasons why Putin would do this. Why? Only he knows.

Level completed: 29%, Points required for next Level: 1,219
    Overall activity: 0.2%
    Achievements:
    SocialTagger First ClassOverdrive25000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Sybil Ludington's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 5,497x in 3,308 Posts
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    https://www.theatlantic.com/internat...flawed/559595/

Level completed: 12%, Points required for next Level: 889
    Overall activity: 0.1%
    Achievements:
    Social10000 Experience PointsVeteran
    US Conservative's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 5,445x in 2,856 Posts
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Iran sure isn't a friend of the US but every point you made is up for serious debate in its interpretation.

1) Iran attacked our military base after we killed their general. We escalated the situation, they responded.
    2) Iran has signed an agreement with the US not to enrich plutonium to weapons grade.(6% as oppose to 90% needed for weapons grade) According to IAEA, they were abiding by that agreement. An agreement which Trump ripped up. Despite him ripping it up, they're still abiding by it; hoping Trump will lose and Biden will sign on to it again. 3) What's wrong with China dealing with Iran? They deal with Saudi Arabia and United Arab Emirates, I don't see a point on this one.
    4) Iran supports some militant groups, calling them terrorists is a serious stretch. US supported militant groups that opposed Assad for instance. Iran accused the US of supporting terrorism and they have as much of a point as you (or the US) has claiming the same about them.

This whole thing is mostly about Saudi Arabia and Israel. Israel opposes Iran because Iran supports Hamas, which is a militant group that opposes Israel. Saudi Arabia is fighting for influence in the region with Iran, so they clash on that front. We had a deal with Iran that they were taking seriously. The whole world, outside of those two nations agreed that it was a good deal. Trump ripped it up and put us back at square one, pressuring them to negotiate. However, if Iran feels there is no bargain to be made, which there isn't as Trumps demands are unrealistic to begin with, they will likely pursue a nuclear weapon to gain a bargaining chip. The same way North Korea did. Except in Iran's case, that almost certainly means Israel will attack. Israel had already lobbied the US into war with Iran during the Obama years before the deal was signed and Obama instead negotiate with Iran, which pissed Netenyahu off. Now we have no deal and instead, we have escalating tensions with Iran. His whole approach to Iran deal was 'Obama made it, that means it was bad. No reasons were given, just rhetoric.
    I think you need to review your timelines.

Iranian backed militia attacked a US base in Iraq killing an American contractor and injuring troops. The US and Iraqi special forces responded by killing several militia and arresting more. These iranian militias responded by attacking and surrounding the US embassy.
    It was at that point we killed solimani-as he was entering Iraq to coordinate additional attacks. That is to say, Iran escalated and Trump provided the consequences.

Iran already has the ability to produce nukes-as stated by John Brennan. They have been increasing its enrichment capacity for years and the "deal" with Obama was non binding. Iran wants nukes, and are working towards them.

Iran's legacy of funding terrorism, planning terrorism, and assassinating across the world for the last 40 years, in over 40 countries is well documented.

Iran is escalating tensions across the world, and will reap the consequences. Trump's brilliance has been in bypassing palestinians in the peace process. This started with the US embassy in Jerusalem, something that the left said would end in disaster-it did not.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to US Conservative For This Useful Post:

Sybil Ludington (10-01-2020)

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sybil Ludington View Post
    This is an opinion peace and while well written, makes several assertions that are hardly explained. Not impressed by this one.

+ Reply to Thread