User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: You won’t believe how Nike lost a steps Curry to Under Armour

tPF Moderator
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 86.0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsTagger First ClassYour first GroupVeteranRecommendation First ClassOverdrive
    Awards:
    Master Tagger
    DGUtley's Avatar tPF Moderator
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 46,647x in 25,176 Posts
    Mentioned
    893 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Post You won’t believe how Nike lost a steps Curry to Under Armour

LAZINESS.

The pitch meeting, according to Steph’s father Dell, who was present, kicked off with one Nike official accidentally addressing Stephen as “Steph-on,” the moniker, of course, of Steve Urkel’s alter ego in Family Matters. “I heard some people pronounce his name wrong before,” says Dell Curry. “I wasn’t surprised. I was surprised that I didn’t get a correction.”

It got worse from there. A PowerPoint slide featured Kevin Durant’s name, presumably left on by accident, presumably residue from repurposed materials. “I stopped paying attention after that,” Dell says. Though Dell resolved to “keep a poker face,” throughout the entirety of the pitch, the decision to leave Nike was in the works.

https://es.pn/29PgAiQ

https://ftw.usatoday.com/2016/03/the...s-unbelievable
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Any time you give a man something he doesn't earn, you cheapen him. Our kids earn what they get, and that includes respect. -- Woody Hayes​

Level completed: 5%, Points required for next Level: 1,999
    Overall activity: 0.2%
    Achievements:
    SocialTagger First ClassVeteranRecommendation Second ClassOverdrive50000 Experience Points
    Calypso Jones's Avatar Banned
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 10,860x in 6,374 Posts
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This looks interesting but the world of sports is mostly out of my league.

Level completed: 63%, Points required for next Level: 1,138
    Overall activity: 53.0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    RMNIXON's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 30,962x in 18,196 Posts
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They don't care about these people, they are tools to sell overpriced shoes to white kids and inner city black kids who families can't afford........

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to RMNIXON For This Useful Post:

carolina73 (10-17-2020),Casey Jones (10-17-2020),DGUtley (10-16-2020),HawkTheSlayer (10-16-2020),Peter1469 (10-17-2020)

Level completed: 88%, Points required for next Level: 74
    Overall activity: 0.1%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    TheOneOnly2's Avatar Banned
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 213x in 161 Posts
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Did anyone really care about Steph Curry in 2013? Being the best player on a team that made the western conference semis doesnt exactly make him a top tier guy so why shouldnt nike have treated him as the second tier guy that he was back then? And nobody calls him Stephen - you only ever hear him referred to as Steph so is it really so insulting that someone got his name wrong and thought that it was Stephon like Marbury? Who the hell knows that Urkels alter ego was Steph-on? Who would know that? If you are a basketball guy and you hear the name Stephon you think Marbury not Steve %$%$ing Urkel. This article is ridiculous trash. 'Steph' Curry was basically a nobody to the casual basketball fan in 2013 so its no shock that he was not a huge priority for nike at that time. What big names did Under Armor have at the time? Ok I was going to say they clear that up at end of article - which makes rest of article a waste of time - but thats not end of article - it just keeps going. Its not an article so much as a book. Its a %$%$ing novel. Who wrote this bull%$%$? Ethan Sherwood Strauss. What a worthless %$%$. Just from the name you would know it right?

But since I have never heard anyone say the name Stephen I googled how to pronounce it -

Yes, "Stephen" is pronounced the same as "Steven" (which is just an alternate spelling of the same name).Apr 18, 2007
    http://www.antimoon.com/forum/t6681....%20same%20name).

Ok thats what I thought. Any other Stephen is pronounced Steven. Yet shortened version of Stephen isnt Steve its Steph? Ok but I thought that Steph was the shortened version of Stephanie. Yeah I have never ever heard anyone call Steph Curry Stephen pronounced the same as Steven. Not hood enough for this son of a millionaire I guess... But yeah you are surprised that someone at nike might be confused by the name of this virtual nobody? You think they were lazy?

Anyway - Steph Curry is an overrated little $#@!. And the way he chews his mouthguard constantly is the most annoying thing I have ever seen. He wasnt even Finals MVP the year he was MVP - he went missing and the Warriors had to rely on Lebron Stopper Iguodala. Iguodala was Finals MVP. Has Steph Curry ever come up clutch in an important game? My God he is overrated.

I used to like his dad. I used to run a Dell Curry/Hersey Hawkins backcourt on the game NBA Showdown when I was a kid on my Sega Mega Drive. edit ( Hornets - no trades in NBA Showdown. Best three point shooting combo on a roster on that game ) . I was way ahead of the game in relation to small ball and focus on perimeter game/three point shooting. I was doing that in 93. edit - Well it wasnt exactly small ball unless you play Curry at SF but I would bench Muggsy Bogues and give all the minutes to Curry at PG and Hawkins at SG. I was all about the threes though. In 93.
    Last edited by TheOneOnly2; 10-16-2020 at 11:04 PM.

+ Reply to Thread