User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: deep inside taco bells doritos locos taco

tPF Moderator
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 69.0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsTagger First ClassYour first GroupVeteranRecommendation First ClassOverdrive
    Awards:
    Master Tagger
    DGUtley's Avatar tPF Moderator
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 46,039x in 24,874 Posts
    Mentioned
    886 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Post deep inside taco bells doritos locos taco

deep inside taco bells doritos locos taco.

In early 2009, three years prior to Taco Bell’s 50th anniversary, CEO Greg Creed was already experiencing something of a midlife crisis. “Our target audience is [customers] in their 20s. Turning 50 makes us sound old, and I didn’t want to sound old,” Creed explains. “I said, ‘When we have our birthday, I don’t want a cake or a celebration.'”

So he issued a bold directive to his team instead: “I said, ‘[let’s] reinvent the crunchy taco,'” Creed recalls.

The team soon assembled for an all-day ideation session at Taco Bell headquarters, where 30 different product concepts were considered, Perdue says, including new forms of burritos, nachos, and taquitos. But one idea, from Doritos-maker Frito-Lay, stuck out: a Doritos-based taco shell pocketed with Taco Bell ingredients. “It was basically an image [of this taco] on a piece of paper, with a written description. I don’t know what technology they use. We didn’t even taste it; it was just more of, ‘Hey, this is what it could look like,'” Perdue says. “It was like, ‘Holy crap!’ Nobody had ever done this before: turning a Dorito into a taco shell. It was just mind-blowing at the idea stage.” Steve Gomez, Taco Bell’s food innovation expert, recalls seeing the first mock-up. “Every day I see a lot of concepts–sketches on paper, written words about products–and my job is to turn those products into reality,” he says. “But in all my years as a product developer, I’ve never seen a concept like this. The product didn’t even exist yet, and already people knew this idea was going to be huge.”
    This is the story:

65BFD4B0-DE89-4487-88A1-70134448B92F.jpeg

https://www.fastcompany.com/3008346/...tos-locos-taco

https://che.utexas.edu/2019/05/20/en...tacos-forever/

Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by DGUtley; 10-20-2020 at 03:12 PM.
    Any time you give a man something he doesn't earn, you cheapen him. Our kids earn what they get, and that includes respect. -- Woody Hayes​

2. The Following User Says Thank You to DGUtley For This Useful Post:

Dr. Who (10-20-2020)

Level completed: 62%, Points required for next Level: 879
    Overall activity: 40.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteran
    Standing Wolf's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 21,087x in 12,282 Posts
    Mentioned
    415 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Tacos are just one of those perfect foods that do not require "improvement" by adding more flavors. Yeah, Doritos are good, but I don't want my taco shell to taste like one.
    Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.” - Robert E. Howard

"Only a rank degenerate would drive 1,500 miles across Texas and not eat a chicken fried steak." - Larry McMurtry

+ Reply to Thread