Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 31x in 19 Posts
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Disorderly Transfer of Power?

Once upon a time, I never thought that we could lose our democracy.

But after seeing Moscow Mitch prevent Obama from exercising his Constitutional RIGHT to appoint federal judges ... and after seeing the Banana Republicans pass laws, and implement policies, that impede and suppress our Constitutional RIGHT to vote ... and after seeing Don-the-Dictator-Wannabe transforming our federal government into a family operation that serves HIM and HIS CHOSEN FEW, instead of transforming it into a better government that better serves ALL OF US ... I think that our democracy is hanging by a THREAD.

And I fear that this Unholy Trinity, coupled with the pandemic, will lead us into one of the DARKEST periods in our history.

If Biden is elected, let’s hope the Unholy Trinity allows for a PEACEFUL and ORDERLY transfer of power. Right now, it does NOT look like they want to do that. At WORST, they will STEAL the election, and they will NOT ALLOW a transfer of power. At BEST, they will TRY to steal the election, but they will fail ... and they will make the transfer of power as HELLACIOUS and DISORDERLY as possible.

Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 66.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteranTagger First ClassOverdrive
    Awards:
    Activity Award
    MisterVeritis's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 39,393x in 27,951 Posts
    Mentioned
    389 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RedStone7476 View Post
    Once upon a time, I never thought that we could lose our democracy.

But after seeing Moscow Mitch prevent Obama from exercising his Constitutional RIGHT to appoint federal judges ...
    President Obama exercised his Constitutional right to nominate a person to be a Justice. Then the Senate exercised its Constitutional right to withhold its consent.

We are not a democracy. We are a republic.
    Call your state legislators and insist they approve the Article V convention of States to propose amendments.

I pledge allegiance to the Constitution as written and understood by this nation's founders, and to the Republic it created, an indivisible union of sovereign States, with liberty and justice for all.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to MisterVeritis For This Useful Post:

Captdon (10-24-2020)

+ Reply to Thread