Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 6,805x in 4,162 Posts
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by donttread View Post
    I feel like the true answer is poor blacks but that if they say that it will prove how they really feel towards the poor, the black, the oppressed. Which is that they are NOT capable and need the lib machines help to even do something as easy as voting. So obviously they need programs like AA because they cannot compete with the rest of us.
    Conservatives real sin is believing that poor inner city folk can rise up on their own through family structure, clean legal records and work ethic.
    Nobody wants kids growing up the way they are in these cities we just differ on hopw to address the problem. Therefore we are hated and to alarge extent hate back
    What has been done in past years, which is why no progress has been made IMO, that there is a difference between handing someone all the tools without telling them how to use them, and the opportunity to learn how to use them.

Throwing money at the situation does nothing to actually provide access to opportunities. A number of groups try, but the lack of support and access makes the flounder and fail.

But continuing to limit an idea by skin color is going to allow those who need help to be used as weapons and tools, again and again and again.

There is no easy answer. Just answers most people aren't willing to give.
    "I believe there are more instances of the abridgement of freedom of the people by gradual and silent encroachments by those in power than by violent and sudden usurpations." -- James Madison

Level completed: 84%, Points required for next Level: 648
    Overall activity: 50.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteran
    donttread's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 20,523x in 14,782 Posts
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Collateral Damage View Post
    What has been done in past years, which is why no progress has been made IMO, that there is a difference between handing someone all the tools without telling them how to use them, and the opportunity to learn how to use them.

Throwing money at the situation does nothing to actually provide access to opportunities. A number of groups try, but the lack of support and access makes the flounder and fail.

But continuing to limit an idea by skin color is going to allow those who need help to be used as weapons and tools, again and again and again.

There is no easy answer. Just answers most people aren't willing to give.

Good stuff however specifically I was referring to who really needs mail in voting? who can't pull off voting on November 3rd? We keep hearing about the "voter supression" but it simply ain't that hard to vote so exactly who does the DNC think needs their help to pull vote.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to donttread For This Useful Post:

Captdon (10-30-2020),Peter1469 (10-30-2020)

Level completed: 65%, Points required for next Level: 420
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsVeteranSocial
    Collateral Damage's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 6,805x in 4,162 Posts
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good stuff however specifically I was referring to who really needs mail in voting? who can't pull off voting on November 3rd? We keep hearing about the "voter supression" but it simply ain't that hard to vote so exactly who does the DNC think needs their help to pull vote.
    I've thrown it out there a number of times, and haven't gotten a single response.

If someone thinks there is 'suppression', or people are being prevented from voting because they can't get an ID, then offer yourself (generic) up to take people to the DMV for an ID, offer to drive groups to the polling places. Do something other than saying 'they can't', because saying that, IS the suppression....
    "I believe there are more instances of the abridgement of freedom of the people by gradual and silent encroachments by those in power than by violent and sudden usurpations." -- James Madison

tPF Moderator
    Level completed: 16%, Points required for next Level: 1,268
    Overall activity: 0.3%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Hal Jordan's Avatar tPF Moderator
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 6,795x in 4,453 Posts
    Mentioned
    582 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MisterVeritis View Post
    "May you live in interesting times."
    Don't you put that evil on me, Ricky Bobby!

Sent to Sector 2814 using the power of will.
    "For all sad words of tongue and pen, The saddest are these, 'It might have been'." John Greenleaf Whittier

"Our minds control our bodies. Our bodies control our enemies. Our enemies control jack shit by the time we're done with them." Stick

tPF Moderator
    Level completed: 16%, Points required for next Level: 1,268
    Overall activity: 0.3%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Hal Jordan's Avatar tPF Moderator
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 6,795x in 4,453 Posts
    Mentioned
    582 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Me, actually. I'm disabled and can't stand long enough to wait in line and cast my vote in person.

Sent to Sector 2814 using the power of will.
    "For all sad words of tongue and pen, The saddest are these, 'It might have been'." John Greenleaf Whittier

"Our minds control our bodies. Our bodies control our enemies. Our enemies control jack shit by the time we're done with them." Stick

+ Reply to Thread