Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 2,041x in 1,745 Posts
    Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by US Conservative View Post
    Perhaps the saddest thing is that the cheaters assume all others cheat.
    Is that why republicans think mail voting is gonna be fraudulent?

You have been conditioned to believe that lefties cheat. This has been achieved by scraping up every last disparate story of cheating over the years and repeatedly amplifying and exaggerating them to you. There are 330 million people in this country. Its easy to find anecdotes of any narrative you want if you look hard enough. Did you know we have a growing problem with people getting struck by lightning? Its a serious problem and we need to do something about it before it gets out of hand! In the last 20 years about 10,000 people have been struck by lightning. Be afraid! Be very afraid. On average about 500 people are struck each year and 10% of them die.

if you are naive enough to believe what your thought leaders tell you to believe about lefties cheating, maybe you should have some large scale data to back it up. Spare me the isolated examples of lightning strikes that are supposed to prove left is the “the mob”. Those looters you see on tv do not strike me as the type of people who vote. they are not biden supporters any more than they are trump supporters. They are just criminals.

That is an aberrancy, no fact.

In other words, lefties project.
    everyone projects. Stop viewing lefties as though they are a different species. Every political criticism you have for them can be used against you. I guarantee it. Dont be a hypocrite

“Just say the election was corrupt and leave the
    rest to me and the Republican congressmen”
    --Donald Trump

Speaking to the Justice Department on Dec. 27, 2020. Conversation memorialized in then-acting Deputy Attorney General Richard Donoghue’s contemporaneous notes.

tPF Moderator
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 86.0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsTagger First ClassYour first GroupVeteranRecommendation First ClassOverdrive
    Awards:
    Master Tagger
    DGUtley's Avatar tPF Moderator
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 46,647x in 25,176 Posts
    Mentioned
    893 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheLiquidGuy View Post
    Is that why republicans think mail voting is gonna be fraudulent? You have been conditioned to believe that lefties cheat. This has been achieved by scraping up every last disparate story of cheating over the years and repeatedly amplifying and exaggerating them to you. There are 330 million people in this country. Its easy to find anecdotes of any narrative you want if you look hard enough. Did you know we have a growing problem with people getting struck by lightning? Its a serious problem and we need to do something about it before it gets out of hand! In the last 20 years about 10,000 people have been struck by lightning. Be afraid! Be very afraid. On average about 500 people are struck each year and 10% of them die.

if you are naive enough to believe what your thought leaders tell you to believe about lefties cheating, maybe you should have some large scale data to back it up. Spare me the isolated examples of lightning strikes that are supposed to prove left is the “the mob”. Those looters you see on tv do not strike me as the type of people who vote. they are not biden supporters any more than they are trump supporters. They are just criminals. everyone projects. Stop viewing lefties as though they are a different species. Every political criticism you have for them can be used against you. I guarantee it. Dont be a hypocrite
    Democrats cheat. We know that.

1. The Obama administration used the IRS to silence its political opponents in the run-up to the 2012 election.
    2. The IRS gave opposition tax return information to the IRS Re-election campaign committee.
    3. Dirty Harry stood on the floor of the Senate and lied to the American People about Romney's tax returns and then when Romney lost and it was revealed to be untrue - said 'so what, we won'
    4. In 2016, the Obama Administration in conjunction with the Clinton Campaign, the FBI etc created a Fake Dossier, circle verified it amongst themselves and spied on then-candidate Trump, after which they went full bore on the fake Russia collusion hoax. In fact, to undermine this President further, the Obama admin officials and leading D's were all over TV declaring that they'd seen the evidence of collusion while testifying to Mueller that they'd never seen evidence of collusion.

I could go on, but the D's cheat - at the highest and lowest levels. It's a proven fact. We have the right to be suspicious of anything the D's propose. Anything.
    Any time you give a man something he doesn't earn, you cheapen him. Our kids earn what they get, and that includes respect. -- Woody Hayes​

3. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to DGUtley For This Useful Post:

Captdon (10-30-2020),carolina73 (10-30-2020),MisterVeritis (10-30-2020),Peter1469 (10-30-2020),Sunsettommy (11-02-2020)

Level completed: 58%, Points required for next Level: 985
    Overall activity: 43.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialYour first Group50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Awards:
    Calendar Award
    TheLiquidGuy's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 2,041x in 1,745 Posts
    Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DGUtley View Post
    Democrats cheat. We know that.

1. The Obama administration used the IRS to silence its political opponents in the run-up to the 2012 election.
    2. The IRS gave opposition tax return information to the IRS Re-election campaign committee.
    3. Dirty Harry stood on the floor of the Senate and lied to the American People about Romney's tax returns and then when Romney lost and it was revealed to be untrue - said 'so what, we won'
    4. In 2016, the Obama Administration in conjunction with the Clinton Campaign, the FBI etc created a Fake Dossier, circle verified it amongst themselves and spied on then-candidate Trump, after which they went full bore on the fake Russia collusion hoax. In fact, to undermine this President further, the Obama admin officials and leading D's were all over TV declaring that they'd seen the evidence of collusion while testifying to Mueller that they'd never seen evidence of collusion.

I could go on, but the D's cheat - at the highest and lowest levels. It's a proven fact. We have the right to be suspicious of anything the D's propose. Anything.
    You'll have to go on. Because as despicable as those things are (and they most certainly are), they are not cheating or rigging the election. I am talking about hamstringing the post office and then complaining to the courts if they don't deliver on time (I know you called me out on that. I will get around to answering you eventually). I am talking about passing voter ID laws to target minorities "with surgical precision." I am talking about gerrymandering. I am talking about taking steps to disenfranchise as many people as possible. I am talking about using state power to accomplish those things. That is the outrage. I know you think all those things are fine, because democrats suck. But are they fine? Do these practices fit into the American ethos? Do these practices even fit into common decency?

Democratic voters do not cheat any more than Republican voters cheat. If you believe that, its likely because you are inundated with info from people who are looking to back up the president's narrative. That narrative was started by his ego when he found out that he lost the popular vote in 2016. He denied he did. He claimed he had the biggest EC vote in history. And he started a commission to look for fake voting that sputtered out because they couldn't find anything. I also have never seen a large scale, consequential fraud operation carried out by either side's voters (except NC in 2018 by republicans, but one example of large scale consequential fraud doesn't constitute a pattern).

Neither the FBI nor the Clinton campaign "created" the dossier. It was created by a conservative news outlet as opposition research during the Republican primaries. the Clinton campaign picked it up once Donald became the nominee. The dossier was unverified. But it was not 'invented' or "fake". That's a talking point, necessarily exaggerated for effect. The dossier was raw research, leads and rumors that did not get properly or completely vetted. The outrage here was not telling the FISA court that it was not verified.

Some of it was verified
    Some of it was probably shown to be false
    Some of it still remains unverified either way.

But calling it fake and fabricated is an inaccurate exaggeration for political purposes.

“Just say the election was corrupt and leave the
    rest to me and the Republican congressmen”
    --Donald Trump

Speaking to the Justice Department on Dec. 27, 2020. Conversation memorialized in then-acting Deputy Attorney General Richard Donoghue’s contemporaneous notes.

tPF Moderator
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 86.0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsTagger First ClassYour first GroupVeteranRecommendation First ClassOverdrive
    Awards:
    Master Tagger
    DGUtley's Avatar tPF Moderator
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 46,647x in 25,176 Posts
    Mentioned
    893 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You'll have to go on. Because as despicable as those things are (and they most certainly are), they are not cheating or rigging the election. I am talking about hamstringing the post office and then complaining to the courts if they don't deliver on time (I know you called me out on that. I will get around to answering you eventually). I am talking about passing voter ID laws to target minorities "with surgical precision." I am talking about gerrymandering. I am talking about taking steps to disenfranchise as many people as possible. I am talking about using state power to accomplish those things. That is the outrage. I know you think all those things are fine, because democrats suck. But are they fine? Do these practices fit into the American ethos? Do these practices even fit into common decency?

Democratic voters do not cheat any more than Republican voters cheat. If you believe that, its likely because you are inundated with info from people who are looking to back up the president's narrative. That narrative was started by his ego when he found out that he lost the popular vote in 2016. He denied he did. He claimed he had the biggest EC vote in history. And he started a commission to look for fake voting that sputtered out because they couldn't find anything. I also have never seen a large scale, consequential fraud operation carried out by either side's voters (except NC in 2018 by republicans, but one example of large scale consequential fraud doesn't constitute a pattern).

Neither the FBI nor the Clinton campaign "created" the dossier. It was created by a conservative news outlet as opposition research during the Republican primaries. the Clinton campaign picked it up once Donald became the nominee. The dossier was unverified. But it was not 'invented' or "fake". That's a talking point, necessarily exaggerated for effect. The dossier was raw research, leads and rumors that did not get properly or completely vetted. The outrage here was not telling the FISA court that it was not verified.

Some of it was verified

But calling it fake and fabricated is an inaccurate exaggeration for political purposes.
    Oh... I see. You are talking about political gamesmanship things that the Democrats themselves have routinely done but are upset about now.. today. I am talking about outright using the most powerful arm of the post powerful department of the federal government to silence your political opposition in the run-up to the 2012 election - i.e. cheating.

The phony dossier was phony and your friends used it as a hammer and lied about it the whole time -- i.e. cheated.
    Any time you give a man something he doesn't earn, you cheapen him. Our kids earn what they get, and that includes respect. -- Woody Hayes​

6. The Following User Says Thank You to DGUtley For This Useful Post:

MisterVeritis (10-30-2020)

Level completed: 72%, Points required for next Level: 1,008
    Overall activity: 0.0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Private Pickle's Avatar Advisor
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 13,114x in 9,773 Posts
    Mentioned
    307 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I still don't understand the problem here. @Chris was right. If the ballot is late it gets tossed. They don't look at party affiliation.

It's almost as if you're blaming the GOP for the DEMs being lazy...
    I find your lack of faith...disturbing...

-Darth Vader

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Private Pickle For This Useful Post:

DGUtley (10-30-2020),Sunsettommy (11-02-2020)

Level completed: 58%, Points required for next Level: 1,545
    Overall activity: 68.0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsOverdriveVeteran
    Awards:
    Activity Award
    carolina73's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 44,153x in 28,538 Posts
    Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Private Pickle View Post
    I still don't understand the problem here. @Chris was right. If the ballot is late it gets tossed. They don't look at party affiliation.

It's almost as if you're blaming the GOP for the DEMs being lazy...
    Not really. It depends on the state and their controls. In some states people cast multiple votes by jumping districts. Some will accept them as provisional ballots to only be used in a close election. Then you can get a political judge either way. What happens is someone already cast your ballot because they were grabbing them out of mail boxes or even before that point.

Level completed: 72%, Points required for next Level: 1,008
    Overall activity: 0.0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Private Pickle's Avatar Advisor
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 13,114x in 9,773 Posts
    Mentioned
    307 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by carolina73 View Post
    Not really. It depends on the state and their controls. In some states people cast multiple votes by jumping districts. Some will accept them as provisional ballots to only be used in a close election. Then you can get a political judge either way. What happens is someone already cast your ballot because they were grabbing them out of mail boxes or even before that point.
    I think that's all in theory because the U.S. has never had a significant issue with voter fraud in the past. Either in the mail or otherwise.
    I find your lack of faith...disturbing...

-Darth Vader

Level completed: 97%, Points required for next Level: 79
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteran
    Captdon's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 12,872x in 10,160 Posts
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well there are many ways in which it is illegal to interfere with elections. But one way to get around it is to get the postmaster to do your dirty work for you. The will of the people by every poll, even Rusmussan polls, is Joe Biden.

But if you can fck with the mail and then press courts to set the cut off date at november 3, you can "win" the election even though the people want the other guy to win.

When millions of votes representing the will of the people will be lost just because we mindlessly follow the rules to the letter then I am glad to have someone to save us from a person who is clearly cheating in the election
    The federal government sets the date for national elections. The states follow for obvious reasons. But, it doesn't change what the federal government makes it. not law. Nov 3 is the election day, not later.
    Liberals are a clear and present danger to our nation
    Pick your enemies carefully.

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is that why republicans think mail voting is gonna be fraudulent?

You have been conditioned to believe that lefties cheat. This has been achieved by scraping up every last disparate story of cheating over the years and repeatedly amplifying and exaggerating them to you. There are 330 million people in this country. Its easy to find anecdotes of any narrative you want if you look hard enough. Did you know we have a growing problem with people getting struck by lightning? Its a serious problem and we need to do something about it before it gets out of hand! In the last 20 years about 10,000 people have been struck by lightning. Be afraid! Be very afraid. On average about 500 people are struck each year and 10% of them die.

if you are naive enough to believe what your thought leaders tell you to believe about lefties cheating, maybe you should have some large scale data to back it up. Spare me the isolated examples of lightning strikes that are supposed to prove left is the “the mob”. Those looters you see on tv do not strike me as the type of people who vote. they are not biden supporters any more than they are trump supporters. They are just criminals.

everyone projects. Stop viewing lefties as though they are a different species. Every political criticism you have for them can be used against you. I guarantee it. Dont be a hypocrite
    You write as if you have been struck by lightning a lot.

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Some of it was verified

You are a goof.

+ Reply to Thread