User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 24 of 51 FirstFirst ... 1420212223242526272834 ... LastLast
Results 231 to 240 of 510

Thread: Atheist Group Shutdowns Kansas School “Operation Christmas Child” Participation

  1. #231
    Original Ranter
    Points: 244,569, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 46.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassOverdrive50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Mister D's Avatar Senior Member
    Karma
    402235
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    97,334
    Points
    244,569
    Level
    100
    Thanks Given
    19,804
    Thanked 39,179x in 27,352 Posts
    Mentioned
    966 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MisterVeritis View Post
    Are you arguing that life does not have the right to defend itself? Single-celled life protects itself.

    If it comforts you to believe self-preservation is an instinct that is fine with me. It is also the right of every living thing to protect and preserve its life. Mysticism is not required.

    I exist, therefore I have rights: life, liberty, property, and self governance to name a few.
    Self-preservation is obviously an instinct. What else could it be? You're not making any sense.

    You exist therefore nothing whatsoever. Your reasoning is circular.
    Whoever criticizes capitalism, while approving immigration, whose working class is its first victim, had better shut up. Whoever criticizes immigration, while remaining silent about capitalism, should do the same.


    ~Alain de Benoist


  2. #232
    Points: 149,561, Level: 92
    Level completed: 81%, Points required for next Level: 689
    Overall activity: 60.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteranTagger First Class
    MisterVeritis's Avatar Senior Member
    Karma
    294742
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Northern Alabama
    Posts
    68,382
    Points
    149,561
    Level
    92
    Thanks Given
    63,443
    Thanked 26,109x in 19,316 Posts
    Mentioned
    260 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If it comforts you to believe self-preservation is an instinct that is fine with me. It is also the right of every living thing to protect and preserve its life. Mysticism is not required.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister D View Post
    Self-preservation is obviously an instinct. What else could it be? You're not making any sense.
    You exist therefore nothing whatsoever. Your reasoning is circular.
    Self-preservation is a right. I mentioned that above. It is axiomatic.

    Because I exist I have the rights all living things have. It is axiomatic.
    Call your state legislators and insist they approve the Article V convention of States to propose amendments.


    I pledge allegiance to the Constitution as written and understood by this nation's founders, and to the Republic it created, an indivisible union of sovereign States, with liberty and justice for all.

  3. #233
    Points: 47,975, Level: 53
    Level completed: 52%, Points required for next Level: 875
    Overall activity: 31.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Cletus's Avatar Senior Member
    Karma
    184817
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    21,080
    Points
    47,975
    Level
    53
    Thanks Given
    195
    Thanked 16,502x in 9,886 Posts
    Mentioned
    236 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister D View Post
    OK I took that the wrong way. I apologize.
    No worries. It is just that natural defense mechanism kicking in.

    Discussions like this are hard because you are likely to offend someone even if you have no intent to do so. Quite often, when we challenge ideas, it is seen as a challenge to or an attack on the person who holds those ideas. Now, sometimes, it is. People get mean and nasty, but I am going to say most of the time, it is not. It is curiosity and a genuine desire to understand.
    “Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free.” - Ronald Reagan, October 27, 1964

  4. The Following User Says Thank You to Cletus For This Useful Post:

    Mister D (11-21-2020)

  5. #234
    Original Ranter
    Points: 244,569, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 46.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassOverdrive50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Mister D's Avatar Senior Member
    Karma
    402235
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    97,334
    Points
    244,569
    Level
    100
    Thanks Given
    19,804
    Thanked 39,179x in 27,352 Posts
    Mentioned
    966 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MisterVeritis View Post
    If it comforts you to believe self-preservation is an instinct that is fine with me. It is also the right of every living thing to protect and preserve its life. Mysticism is not required.

    Self-preservation is a right. I mentioned that above. It is axiomatic.

    Because I exist I have the rights all living things have. It is axiomatic.
    You claim these things are axiomatic but fail to explain how this is so.

    Circular reasoning. I have rights because I exist and if one exists one has rights.
    Whoever criticizes capitalism, while approving immigration, whose working class is its first victim, had better shut up. Whoever criticizes immigration, while remaining silent about capitalism, should do the same.


    ~Alain de Benoist


  6. #235
    Points: 149,561, Level: 92
    Level completed: 81%, Points required for next Level: 689
    Overall activity: 60.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteranTagger First Class
    MisterVeritis's Avatar Senior Member
    Karma
    294742
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Northern Alabama
    Posts
    68,382
    Points
    149,561
    Level
    92
    Thanks Given
    63,443
    Thanked 26,109x in 19,316 Posts
    Mentioned
    260 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Because I exist I have the rights all living things have. It is axiomatic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister D View Post
    You claim these things are axiomatic but fail to explain how this is so.
    Circular reasoning. I have rights because I exist and if one exists one has rights.
    An axiom is a fundamental building block. It is so because it is so.

    What is a point? What is a line?
    Call your state legislators and insist they approve the Article V convention of States to propose amendments.


    I pledge allegiance to the Constitution as written and understood by this nation's founders, and to the Republic it created, an indivisible union of sovereign States, with liberty and justice for all.

  7. #236
    Original Ranter
    Points: 244,569, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 46.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassOverdrive50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Mister D's Avatar Senior Member
    Karma
    402235
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    97,334
    Points
    244,569
    Level
    100
    Thanks Given
    19,804
    Thanked 39,179x in 27,352 Posts
    Mentioned
    966 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MisterVeritis View Post
    Because I exist I have the rights all living things have. It is axiomatic.

    An axiom is a fundamental building block. It is so because it is so.

    What is a point? What is a line?
    Right, an axiom is an accepted truth but you appear to encourage blind faith in your ideological postulates.

    A point is a point. A line is a line. A triangle has 3 sides. That is always true by definition. How any of this applies remains unexplained.
    Whoever criticizes capitalism, while approving immigration, whose working class is its first victim, had better shut up. Whoever criticizes immigration, while remaining silent about capitalism, should do the same.


    ~Alain de Benoist


  8. #237
    Points: 149,561, Level: 92
    Level completed: 81%, Points required for next Level: 689
    Overall activity: 60.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteranTagger First Class
    MisterVeritis's Avatar Senior Member
    Karma
    294742
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Northern Alabama
    Posts
    68,382
    Points
    149,561
    Level
    92
    Thanks Given
    63,443
    Thanked 26,109x in 19,316 Posts
    Mentioned
    260 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Because I exist I have the rights all living things have. It is axiomatic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister D View Post
    Right, an axiom is an accepted truth but you appear to encourage blind faith in your ideological postulates.

    A point is a point. A line is a line. A triangle has 3 sides. That is always true by definition. How any of this applies remains unexplained.
    One must begin somewhere.

    We begin with axioms. Everything that lives has individual rights to life, liberty, property, and self-governance. Everything that lives behaves as if it has those rights, some to a lesser degree, some to a greater degree.
    Call your state legislators and insist they approve the Article V convention of States to propose amendments.


    I pledge allegiance to the Constitution as written and understood by this nation's founders, and to the Republic it created, an indivisible union of sovereign States, with liberty and justice for all.

  9. #238
    Points: 149,561, Level: 92
    Level completed: 81%, Points required for next Level: 689
    Overall activity: 60.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteranTagger First Class
    MisterVeritis's Avatar Senior Member
    Karma
    294742
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Northern Alabama
    Posts
    68,382
    Points
    149,561
    Level
    92
    Thanks Given
    63,443
    Thanked 26,109x in 19,316 Posts
    Mentioned
    260 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister D View Post
    Right, an axiom is an accepted truth but you appear to encourage blind faith in your ideological postulates.

    A point is a point. A line is a line. A triangle has 3 sides. That is always true by definition. How any of this applies remains unexplained.
    You belief in a small group of gods contains its own axiomatic beliefs, doesn't it?
    Call your state legislators and insist they approve the Article V convention of States to propose amendments.


    I pledge allegiance to the Constitution as written and understood by this nation's founders, and to the Republic it created, an indivisible union of sovereign States, with liberty and justice for all.

  10. #239
    Original Ranter
    Points: 244,569, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 46.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassOverdrive50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Mister D's Avatar Senior Member
    Karma
    402235
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    97,334
    Points
    244,569
    Level
    100
    Thanks Given
    19,804
    Thanked 39,179x in 27,352 Posts
    Mentioned
    966 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MisterVeritis View Post
    You belief in a small group of gods contains its own axiomatic beliefs, doesn't it?
    My beliefs aren't the topic. Yours are. Are you telling me you accept the truth of certain claims without any evidence or, in this case, even any reasoning?
    Whoever criticizes capitalism, while approving immigration, whose working class is its first victim, had better shut up. Whoever criticizes immigration, while remaining silent about capitalism, should do the same.


    ~Alain de Benoist


  11. #240
    Points: 149,561, Level: 92
    Level completed: 81%, Points required for next Level: 689
    Overall activity: 60.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteranTagger First Class
    MisterVeritis's Avatar Senior Member
    Karma
    294742
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Northern Alabama
    Posts
    68,382
    Points
    149,561
    Level
    92
    Thanks Given
    63,443
    Thanked 26,109x in 19,316 Posts
    Mentioned
    260 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister D View Post
    My beliefs aren't the topic. Yours are. Are you telling me you accept the truth of certain claims without any evidence or, in this case, even any reasoning?
    To understand my simple axiom you need to evaluate your own.

    All life acts as if it has the rights to life, liberty, property, and self-governance. I merely make it a foundational axiom. You are free to accept it or reject it as you wish. My axiom requires no gods. Your beliefs do.
    Call your state legislators and insist they approve the Article V convention of States to propose amendments.


    I pledge allegiance to the Constitution as written and understood by this nation's founders, and to the Republic it created, an indivisible union of sovereign States, with liberty and justice for all.

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts