Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 6,872x in 4,196 Posts
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jet57 View Post
    I didn't get off into ANY other world. The FBI has already said that the far right poses a danger to this country, so that being the case I merely speculating as to why people have to register their phone numbers... I said also that having to that was bad and would hurt that site's ability to get people involved: I don't like having to register phone numbers, so I'm with yo there. I also think that right should have their own platforms so that they can say what they want: I'm with you there too. I'm also sure that bots are taking conversations like they do about anywhere these days, but the far right got banned - not for their political speech, but for seditious statements and violent statements and flooding the platforms with disinformation and that is a fact.
    So don't let you emotions run you here.
    If you think my emotions 'run me', then you haven't been paying attention.

Yes, certain people were banned or had their accounts locked up not because they threatened sedition or violence, but because they had, supposedly, posted 'disinformation'. I don't know when opinions became 'disinformation' But both FB and twitter were limiting and penalizing people they disagreed with, considering the number of posts of liberals that did threaten violence that were not limited.

Echo chambers are not what most people want. So trying to claim that there should be a site where 'they have their own platform' in your attempt at hustling anyone you disagree with to the kiddie table? No, I rather be a constant thorn in people's sides that don't understand that differing views are just as valid as any other view one holds. That discussing the views helps provide broader horizons for those who actually want to learn and discuss those views, and why, some people who fear views opposing their view want to shuttle those people away from open discussion.

You have yourself a nice day.
    "I believe there are more instances of the abridgement of freedom of the people by gradual and silent encroachments by those in power than by violent and sudden usurpations." -- James Madison

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Collateral Damage For This Useful Post:

Peter1469 (11-30-2020)

Level completed: 76%, Points required for next Level: 469
    Overall activity: 0.2%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    jet57's Avatar Banned
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 2,368x in 2,004 Posts
    Mentioned
    284 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Collateral Damage View Post
    If you think my emotions 'run me', then you haven't been paying attention.

Yes, certain people were banned or had their accounts locked up not because they threatened sedition or violence, but because they had, supposedly, posted 'disinformation'. I don't know when opinions became 'disinformation' But both FB and twitter were limiting and penalizing people they disagreed with, considering the number of posts of liberals that did threaten violence that were not limited.

Echo chambers are not what most people want. So trying to claim that there should be a site where 'they have their own platform' in your attempt at hustling anyone you disagree with to the kiddie table? No, I rather be a constant thorn in people's sides that don't understand that differing views are just as valid as any other view one holds. That discussing the views helps provide broader horizons for those who actually want to learn and discuss those views, and why, some people who fear views opposing their view want to shuttle those people away from open discussion.

You have yourself a nice day.
    Sorry, your verbiage lent anger... I can empathize with you, however I think we should remember that the 2016 election and all the interference and bots and horrible disinformation campaigns is what pushed the button and you'll have to admit that there was some pretty gnarly being passed around by the far right-wing flock that people were really getting upset. I don't book my face or do twitter; I like to keep a very low profile. As for me, I believe you may remember that I've been warning the right that this stuff was coming if they didn't back off and away from the flying monkeys and now here they (you) are. The far right is a very dangerous group of nuts and Alex Jones was the first to go. Try not to be so combative so that the algorithms don;t spot you guys. I think THAT'S the secret. Good decent opposing discussions CAN happen, and you'll also know that Trump's BS ins NOT helping your situation in - the - least. Facebook and Twitter simply cannot allow themselves to be conduits for dangerous propaganda and misleading information or outright lying campaigns that affect people's thinking. I hate to see guys like you go through this, but you gotta watch your own store...

You have good one too.

Level completed: 79%, Points required for next Level: 261
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsVeteranSocial
    Collateral Damage's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry, your verbiage lent anger... I can empathize with you, however I think we should remember that the 2016 election and all the interference and bots and horrible disinformation campaigns is what pushed the button and you'll have to admit that there was some pretty gnarly being passed around by the far right-wing flock that people were really getting upset. I don't book my face or do twitter; I like to keep a very low profile. As for me, I believe you may remember that I've been warning the right that this stuff was coming if they didn't back off and away from the flying monkeys and now here they (you) are. The far right is a very dangerous group of nuts and Alex Jones was the first to go. Try not to be so combative so that the algorithms don;t spot you guys. I think THAT'S the secret. Good decent opposing discussions CAN happen, and you'll also know that Trump's BS ins NOT helping your situation in - the - least. Facebook and Twitter simply cannot allow themselves to be conduits for dangerous propaganda and misleading information or outright lying campaigns that affect people's thinking. I hate to see guys like you go through this, but you gotta watch your own store...

You have good one too.
    Your whole posts emphasizes that you really don't know who you are 'speaking' too. I am far from the 'far right'. I'm actually pretty moderate on a number of subjects, but have been an Independent since John Anderson ran. I really find it rather sad that you cannot tell the difference in posters, yet use a paint brush to pretty much send everyone over to the 'far right'.
    "I believe there are more instances of the abridgement of freedom of the people by gradual and silent encroachments by those in power than by violent and sudden usurpations." -- James Madison

Achievements:
    jet57's Avatar Banned
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    284 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Your whole posts emphasizes that you really don't know who you are 'speaking' too. I am far from the 'far right'. I'm actually pretty moderate on a number of subjects, but have been an Independent since John Anderson ran. I really find it rather sad that you cannot tell the difference in posters, yet use a paint brush to pretty much send everyone over to the 'far right'.
    Did I say that YOU are far right? I don't think so: I said you AND the far right. I referred to (you) as more a victim of the flying monkeys of the far right: you both are in the same boat. My point was, that because of THEM, the rest of you are taking the hits on social media. THAT is why I suggested that you change your tack when it comes to your opinions on FB and Twitter.

Level completed: 79%, Points required for next Level: 261
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsVeteranSocial
    Collateral Damage's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Did I say that YOU are far right? I don't think so: I said you AND the far right. I referred to (you) as more a victim of the flying monkeys of the far right: you both are in the same boat. My point was, that because of THEM, the rest of you are taking the hits on social media. THAT is why I suggested that you change your tack when it comes to your opinions on FB and Twitter.
    So now you know, by osmosis, how I post on FakeBook? I don't do politics on any social media, and I don't twit. You keep making assumptions.

If you are not referring to 'me', then stop typing 'you' in your posts.

Achievements:
    jet57's Avatar Banned
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    284 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So now you know, by osmosis, how I post on FakeBook? I don't do politics on any social media, and I don't twit. You keep making assumptions.

If you are not referring to 'me', then stop typing 'you' in your posts.
    YOU were complaining about facebook and twitter... I have no idea what you do or don't do on the net except here, so it's natural to include you as a user because you didn't say otherwise. I've added what I thought was some good advise on the subject, take it or leave it.

Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 75.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteranTagger First ClassOverdrive
    Awards:
    Activity Award
    MisterVeritis's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 39,400x in 27,956 Posts
    Mentioned
    389 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I routinely log on to Parler.com and Gab.com every day a half dozen times each day. I also read Bongino.com along with a few other news aggregation sites. If you have not tried them out, please do.
    Call your state legislators and insist they approve the Article V convention of States to propose amendments.

I pledge allegiance to the Constitution as written and understood by this nation's founders, and to the Republic it created, an indivisible union of sovereign States, with liberty and justice for all.

+ Reply to Thread