User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567
Results 61 to 70 of 70

Thread: What do you know about Parler?

  1. #61
    Points: 26,385, Level: 39
    Level completed: 57%, Points required for next Level: 565
    Overall activity: 64.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran25000 Experience Points
    jet57's Avatar Senior Member
    Karma
    1532
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    9,346
    Points
    26,385
    Level
    39
    Thanks Given
    1,101
    Thanked 1,522x in 1,240 Posts
    Mentioned
    99 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by carolina73 View Post
    That's Facebook. Liberals are allowed on Parler. Facebook bans speech from Conservatives. You snowflakes can't take the heat.
    But will liberal b e allowed to say that Conservatives are anti American and that they are going to rise up with guns against them and wipe them out?

    Probably not.
    Make everything from toy guns that spark, to flesh-colored Christs that glow in the dark. Itís easy to see without looking too far, that not much is really sacred.

  2. #62
    Points: 26,385, Level: 39
    Level completed: 57%, Points required for next Level: 565
    Overall activity: 64.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran25000 Experience Points
    jet57's Avatar Senior Member
    Karma
    1532
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    9,346
    Points
    26,385
    Level
    39
    Thanks Given
    1,101
    Thanked 1,522x in 1,240 Posts
    Mentioned
    99 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by carolina73 View Post
    That's Facebook. Liberals are allowed on Parler. Facebook bans speech from Conservatives. You snowflakes can't take the heat.
    Spoiled brat.jpg
    Make everything from toy guns that spark, to flesh-colored Christs that glow in the dark. Itís easy to see without looking too far, that not much is really sacred.

  3. #63
    Points: 26,385, Level: 39
    Level completed: 57%, Points required for next Level: 565
    Overall activity: 64.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran25000 Experience Points
    jet57's Avatar Senior Member
    Karma
    1532
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    9,346
    Points
    26,385
    Level
    39
    Thanks Given
    1,101
    Thanked 1,522x in 1,240 Posts
    Mentioned
    99 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Collateral Damage View Post
    Definitely asks for cell phone, on the very first page of registration.
    Yeah see, that's bad. They want to sell your number and put you on a texting list. You all should find out who runs the platform and complain because that alone will keep many people from joining up and that can really limit your usership.
    Make everything from toy guns that spark, to flesh-colored Christs that glow in the dark. Itís easy to see without looking too far, that not much is really sacred.

  4. #64
    Points: 6,317, Level: 18
    Level completed: 95%, Points required for next Level: 33
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered5000 Experience Points
    Collateral Damage's Avatar Senior Member
    Karma
    1903
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Posts
    2,449
    Points
    6,317
    Level
    18
    Thanks Given
    3,173
    Thanked 1,893x in 1,218 Posts
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jet57 View Post
    Yeah see, that's bad. They want to sell your number and put you on a texting list. You all should find out who runs the platform and complain because that alone will keep many people from joining up and that can really limit your usership.
    Simple answer is, for me, don't register.

    Of course, there is the option of a burner phone, which has it's uses. But this is not worth the trouble. I have plenty of options for intelligent, civil discussions on all sorts of topics.
    When an argument cannot be sustained on proven facts, devolve to opinions and anger, that always works.

  5. #65
    Points: 6,317, Level: 18
    Level completed: 95%, Points required for next Level: 33
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered5000 Experience Points
    Collateral Damage's Avatar Senior Member
    Karma
    1903
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Posts
    2,449
    Points
    6,317
    Level
    18
    Thanks Given
    3,173
    Thanked 1,893x in 1,218 Posts
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jet57 View Post
    But will liberal b e allowed to say that Conservatives are anti American and that they are going to rise up with guns against them and wipe them out?

    Probably not.
    You would likely be allowed to say it, but you would also be laughed at. Which is well within the rights of anyone.
    When an argument cannot be sustained on proven facts, devolve to opinions and anger, that always works.

  6. The Following User Says Thank You to Collateral Damage For This Useful Post:

    Cotton1 (Yesterday)

  7. #66
    Points: 26,385, Level: 39
    Level completed: 57%, Points required for next Level: 565
    Overall activity: 64.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran25000 Experience Points
    jet57's Avatar Senior Member
    Karma
    1532
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    9,346
    Points
    26,385
    Level
    39
    Thanks Given
    1,101
    Thanked 1,522x in 1,240 Posts
    Mentioned
    99 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Collateral Damage View Post
    Simple answer is, for me, don't register.

    Of course, there is the option of a burner phone, which has it's uses. But this is not worth the trouble. I have plenty of options for intelligent, civil discussions on all sorts of topics.
    Yeah, you could register a burner, but I'll tell you, a movement against Parler's management is a better idea: you want to get rid of that "payment for play" all together. The right should have an open ended easy place to voice themselves as they wish adn "requirements" are only ging to hurt you guys.

    Something just occurred to me: what if your phone number is so that the feds can tack seditious and violent posts?? I mean, you know the d=feds will be watching that place like a hawk and email addresses really mean nothing.
    Make everything from toy guns that spark, to flesh-colored Christs that glow in the dark. Itís easy to see without looking too far, that not much is really sacred.

  8. #67
    Points: 26,385, Level: 39
    Level completed: 57%, Points required for next Level: 565
    Overall activity: 64.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran25000 Experience Points
    jet57's Avatar Senior Member
    Karma
    1532
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    9,346
    Points
    26,385
    Level
    39
    Thanks Given
    1,101
    Thanked 1,522x in 1,240 Posts
    Mentioned
    99 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Collateral Damage View Post
    You would likely be allowed to say it, but you would also be laughed at. Which is well within the rights of anyone.
    Could be.
    Make everything from toy guns that spark, to flesh-colored Christs that glow in the dark. Itís easy to see without looking too far, that not much is really sacred.

  9. #68
    Points: 6,317, Level: 18
    Level completed: 95%, Points required for next Level: 33
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered5000 Experience Points
    Collateral Damage's Avatar Senior Member
    Karma
    1903
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Posts
    2,449
    Points
    6,317
    Level
    18
    Thanks Given
    3,173
    Thanked 1,893x in 1,218 Posts
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jet57 View Post
    Yeah, you could register a burner, but I'll tell you, a movement against Parler's management is a better idea: you want to get rid of that "payment for play" all together. The right should have an open ended easy place to voice themselves as they wish adn "requirements" are only ging to hurt you guys.
    Something just occurred to me: what if your phone number is so that the feds can tack seditious and violent posts?? I mean, you know the d=feds will be watching that place like a hawk and email addresses really mean nothing.
    There you go, off into some strange place where you assume anyone who doesn't agree with you is 'the right' and is planning seditious and violent acts'. Geez!

    I'll repeat myself. There are plenty of places I visit that have intelligent, civil discussions. And here's a shocker, it's not a partisan place. All are welcome. No one is censored based on the political position.

    Do you not think that bots are already tracking key words regardless of political position? Anyone who believes they have any sort of privacy on the internet, is in for a rude suprise.
    When an argument cannot be sustained on proven facts, devolve to opinions and anger, that always works.

  10. #69
    Points: 29,687, Level: 42
    Level completed: 3%, Points required for next Level: 1,363
    Overall activity: 46.0%
    Achievements:
    Social25000 Experience PointsVeteran
    ripmeister's Avatar Senior Member
    Karma
    28732
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Columbus, Ohio
    Posts
    11,207
    Points
    29,687
    Level
    42
    Thanks Given
    918
    Thanked 2,739x in 2,204 Posts
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MMC View Post
    LMAO the majority of your friends are Trumpers. With all the stupid $#@! you say around here. They must like keeping their enemy close.
    Nothing unusual about that. Most of my golf buddies are all Trump supporters.
    One can be sure that he who says he knows knows nothing

  11. #70
    Points: 26,385, Level: 39
    Level completed: 57%, Points required for next Level: 565
    Overall activity: 64.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran25000 Experience Points
    jet57's Avatar Senior Member
    Karma
    1532
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    9,346
    Points
    26,385
    Level
    39
    Thanks Given
    1,101
    Thanked 1,522x in 1,240 Posts
    Mentioned
    99 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Collateral Damage View Post
    There you go, off into some strange place where you assume anyone who doesn't agree with you is 'the right' and is planning seditious and violent acts'. Geez!

    I'll repeat myself. There are plenty of places I visit that have intelligent, civil discussions. And here's a shocker, it's not a partisan place. All are welcome. No one is censored based on the political position.

    Do you not think that bots are already tracking key words regardless of political position? Anyone who believes they have any sort of privacy on the internet, is in for a rude suprise.
    I didn't get off into ANY other world. The FBI has already said that the far right poses a danger to this country, so that being the case I merely speculating as to why people have to register their phone numbers... I said also that having to that was bad and would hurt that site's ability to get people involved: I don't like having to register phone numbers, so I'm with yo there. I also think that right should have their own platforms so that they can say what they want: I'm with you there too. I'm also sure that bots are taking conversations like they do about anywhere these days, but the far right got banned - not for their political speech, but for seditious statements and violent statements and flooding the platforms with disinformation and that is a fact.

    So don't let you emotions run you here.
    Make everything from toy guns that spark, to flesh-colored Christs that glow in the dark. Itís easy to see without looking too far, that not much is really sacred.

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts