Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 982x in 846 Posts
    Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Garden House Queen View Post
    The majority of the American people love Trump. When everything comes out, Trump will have won by a landslide and he will win his 2nd term. But...we're headed for some bad times, as the left fringe will then go berserk. All of their activity will be quickly shut down as the EO that Trump has signed will have designated them as domestic terrorists.
    You give new meaning to the word delusion

Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 75.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteranTagger First ClassOverdrive
    Awards:
    Activity Award
    MisterVeritis's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 39,400x in 27,956 Posts
    Mentioned
    389 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RichardMZhlubb View Post
    What complete and utter nonsense. There isn’t a shred of evidence that a majority of American love Trump. In fact, a significant majority cannot stand the guy. He’s run for president twice and did not get close to 50% of the vote either time. And his opponent just got the highest percentage of the vote against an incumbent since FDR beat Hoover in 1932.
    A majority of real Americans support President Trump and the Trump Republicans.
    Call your state legislators and insist they approve the Article V convention of States to propose amendments.

I pledge allegiance to the Constitution as written and understood by this nation's founders, and to the Republic it created, an indivisible union of sovereign States, with liberty and justice for all.

Level completed: 46%, Points required for next Level: 271
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteran
    rgf's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 91x in 73 Posts
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If I were you I would put down the crack pipe or what ever is making you delusional-are you huffing embalming fluid? Glue? At the very least contact a mental health hotline because you really need to come back down to earth. 206 Electoral College Plus 6.5 million popular vote.

Level completed: 71%, Points required for next Level: 774
    Overall activity: 67.0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    The Booman's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 31,255x in 18,185 Posts
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's not popularity contest.

RIP Uncle Bosey
    A great first officer but an even better second course.

Original Ranter
    Overall activity: 0.2%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second Class50000 Experience PointsOverdriveVeteranYour first Group
    Captain Obvious's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 40,087x in 27,208 Posts
    Mentioned
    1041 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Booman View Post
    Do you every have anything insightful to say?
    my junk is ugly

Level completed: 71%, Points required for next Level: 774
    Overall activity: 67.0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    The Booman's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 31,255x in 18,185 Posts
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Booman View Post

Of course if it was a popularity contest Joe Biden would show up to press conferences in an evening dress twirling a baton wearing a sash that read "I beat up Corn Pop".

They don't have to like him, They just have to work with him and that should not be a problem since his policies and agenda should fall in line with their supposed conservative beliefs. It's the same dumb argument has "Trump pissed off our allies!" So what. They still allies. They don't stop working with us just because they don't like current administration. President Mom Jeans treated Benjamin Netanyahu like total garbage but Israel remained our ally.

RIP Uncle Bosey
    A great first officer but an even better second course.

Level completed: 97%, Points required for next Level: 79
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteran
    Captdon's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 12,872x in 10,160 Posts
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by skepticalmike View Post
    Carl Bernstein has said that these 21 Republican Senators have expressed in private conversations their contempt for Donald Trump and his fitness for office.

I believe that the number of Republican Senators that actually dislike Donald Trump and think that he is unfit for office is higher than this. Republican Senators,

with the exception of Mitt Romney, can't say anything bad about Trump because he is so popular with the base.

There was a time when more Republican Senators would speak out against someone that they thought was unfit for office. Even though Ted Cruz and Lindsey Graham are obsequious

followers of Donald Trump, there was a time when both of them felt differently. With Ted Cruz the derogatory comments may have been mostly politics but with Lindsey Graham it

seemed that he was expressing his true opinion.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/reporter-...044739929.html

"The 21 senators he named include names you would expect, but also some surprises, like Sen. John Cornyn (Texas), Sen. Rick Scott (Fla.), and Senate Majority Whip John Thune (S.D.). The other 18 GOP senators are Rob Portman (Ohio), Lamar Alexander (Tenn.), Ben Sasse (Neb.), Roy Blunt (Mo.), Susan Collins (Maine), Lisa Murkowski (Alaska), Mitt Romney (Utah), Mike Braun (Ind), Todd Young (Ind.), Tim Scott (S.D.), Marco Rubio (Fla.), Chuck Grassley (Iowa), Richard Burr (N.C.), Pat Toomey (Pa.), Martha McSally (Ariz.), Jerry Moran (Kansas), Pat Roberts (Kansas), and Richard Shelby (Ala.)."

"With few exceptions" — Romney and Sasse, mostly — "their craven public silence has helped enable Trump's most grievous conduct — including undermining and discrediting the U.S. the electoral system," wrote Bernstein, who's made his own feelings about Trump clear for a while. He had named 15 of those senators on CNN late last week, saying "many, of not most, of these individuals, from what I have been told, were happy to see Donald Trump defeated in this election, as long as the Senate could be controlled by the Republicans."

Both Ted Cruz and Lindsey Graham thought that Donald Trump wasn't fit for honest prior to the 2016 election. Are both of them glad that Trump is the face of the Republican Party?

Ted Cruz: Donald Trump is a pathological liar; he lies - practically every word that come out of his mouth. He is a narcissist - at a level that the country has never seen, a serial philanderer and morality doesn't exist for him

Lindsey Graham :
    And Lindsey Graham sums it up with, “I think he’s a kook. I think he’s crazy. I think he’s unfit for office.”"He's a race-baiting, xenophobic, religious bigot," Graham told Alisyn Camerota. "He doesn't represent my party. He doesn't represents the values that the men and women who wear the uniform are fighting for. ... He's the ISIL man of the year."Graham said Trump's rhetoric benefits ISIS in helping them recruit people to their cause. He said having traveled to the Middle East 36 times as a lawmaker and in the Air Force reserve, he knows the troops and diplomats on the front lines are very concerned.

https://www.cnn.com/2015/12/08/polit...ruz/index.html
    "What Mr. Trump is doing -- and I don't think he has a clue about anything. He's just just trying to get his numbers up and get the biggest reaction he can," Graham said. "He is helping the enemy of this nation. He is empowering radical Islam. And if he knew anything about the world at all, you would know that most Muslims reject this ideology."

"You know how you make America great again? Tell Donald Trump to go to hell," Graham said on CNN's "New Day" on Tuesday, picking up on the GOP front-runner's famous slogan, "make America great again."

"Graham also called out other presidential candidates for not being stronger against Trump, saying the entire party needs to speak out against the mogul."
    "He specifically spotlighted his fellow GOP presidential candidate, Texas Sen. Ted Cruz, for not condemning Trump strongly enough."

Private conversations? How's this one-"Pedojo is a dumbass."
    Liberals are a clear and present danger to our nation
    Pick your enemies carefully.

Level completed: 58%, Points required for next Level: 1,536
    Overall activity: 66.0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsOverdriveVeteran
    carolina73's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 44,158x in 28,539 Posts
    Mentioned
    155 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Carl Bernstein has no credibility.
    I'm going to call Tim and ask him why he left us for SD. I didn't know he could do that. Although their governor is pretty hot.

But you did forget to add Graham to that list. I voted for him because I had to. Graham has been setting Trump up for the last 4 years but I think Trump knew that and used him also.

Harrison was the worst type of liar. That idiot better never show his face in SC again looking to hold public office.

Original Ranter
    Overall activity: 0.2%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassOverdriveTagger First Class50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    MMC's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 39,167x in 27,728 Posts
    Mentioned
    243 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RichardMZhlubb View Post
    What does that have to do with the point I just made? I don’t need Carl Bernstein to tell me that most Americans cannot stand Trump and consider him an embarrassment to this country.
    You dont even have that with half the population that doesnt vote or isnt interested in politics.
    History does not long Entrust the care of Freedom, to the Weak or Timid!!!!! Dwight D. Eisenhower ~

Level completed: 70%, Points required for next Level: 184
    Overall activity: 0.1%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second ClassVeteran5000 Experience Points
    skepticalmike's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 120x in 98 Posts
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by carolina73 View Post
    Carl Bernstein has no credibility.
    I'm going to call Tim and ask him why he left us for SD. I didn't know he could do that. Although their governor is pretty hot.

But you did forget to add Graham to that list. I voted for him because I had to. Graham has been setting Trump up for the last 4 years but I think Trump knew that and used him also.

Harrison was the worst type of liar. That idiot better never show his face in SC again looking to hold public office.
    Graham was not on the list. I don't now Lindsey Graham's true feelings about Trump and this is true for all Senate Republicans. All we have are Carl Bernstein's claims and some of those 21

Senator's have denied that they discussed Trump's lack of fitness for office. The main point that I wanted to make is that there are probably many establishment Republicans that don't like

Donald Trump and what he has done to the Republican brand. Now, the Republican Party is the party of Trump and Donald Trump wants to keep it that way. I know this is not news to many of

the conservatives on this forum who like the trend away from globalism and who favor America first policies. The unanswered question for me is, "How long will Trumpism last?" I believe that it

will fade away with time.

I'm adding this information from Forbes.com, https://www.forbes.com/sites/andrews...h=f6237117996a

Spokespeople for Grassley, Portman, Young and Rick Scott all denied Bernstein’s report, with Grassley spokesman Michael Zona adding, “Washington journalists might be wise to reconsider trafficking in baseless
    second- and third-hand rumor. It may restore some lost credibility.”

Forbes has reached out to each of the senators listed by Bernstein.

CRUCIAL QUOTE

“What I’m doing is I’m not violating a journalistic principle because they’ve told me what I’m about to say,” Bernstein said during a CNN appearance. “For two or three years I’ve talked to members of staffs of the senators, members of committees... aides, assistants, people who have worked for these people.”
    Last edited by skepticalmike; 11-23-2020 at 05:34 PM.

+ Reply to Thread