User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Ohio Courts shutting down again...

tPF Moderator
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 69.0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsTagger First ClassYour first GroupVeteranRecommendation First ClassOverdrive
    Awards:
    Master Tagger
    DGUtley's Avatar tPF Moderator
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 46,033x in 24,872 Posts
    Mentioned
    886 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ethereal View Post
    "Cases" are meaningless. Only deaths and hospitalizations matter.
    Ok, well the two hospitals in Akron are full.
    Any time you give a man something he doesn't earn, you cheapen him. Our kids earn what they get, and that includes respect. -- Woody Hayes​

Overall activity: 32.0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsVeteranYour first Group
    Ethereal's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 41,536x in 26,005 Posts
    Mentioned
    1169 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DGUtley View Post
    Ok, well the two hospitals in Akron are full.
    Most hospitals are at or near their capacity as a matter of routine. That is simply how they operate. There is nothing unusual about it. And if they need more capacity, they can simply add it. There is no reason to go shutting everything down every time a hospital approaches its capacity. I cannot believe our society has become so fearful and unimaginative that the only way we can think to respond to an increase in hospital capacity is to shut down everything and to violate people's basic rights.
    Power always thinks it has a great soul, and vast views, beyond the comprehension of the weak. And that it is doing God service when it is violating all His laws.
    --John Adams

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ethereal For This Useful Post:

Abby08 (11-29-2020),Peter1469 (11-24-2020)

Level completed: 19%, Points required for next Level: 2,929
    Overall activity: 74.0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsOverdriveVeteran
    carolina73's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 43,647x in 28,238 Posts
    Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wish they would give us clean numbers.

ICU units are frequently overwhelmed pre-COVID. What percentage of those are ICU patients and which ones were brought in for short term treatment of the side effects. What percentage are even COVID related. The last number that I heard was only 6 were COVID related.
    The CDC information that I find go back to July 23rd.

Maybe they should just delay non-immediate procedures or re-route them to more rural hospitals.

For the courts:
    Too bad they could not free up the glut with real alternatives for the ridiculous law suits and hearings that are angry people that just want to mouth off and waste others time. Having been called for many juries, there were very few cases that needed a jury but a loud mouth wanted one. They always seem to find a way to settle it just before going to trial. I had one that I double checked in the parking lot of the courthouse and it had been settled in the last hour. Maybe they should set a final settlement date a month before the trial so they do not have to hassle jury members 95% of the time.

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    1169 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We can send men to the moon and defeat the Nazis, but we cannot figure out how to handle hospital capacity issues without crippling our society?

This country is surely doomed.
    Power always thinks it has a great soul, and vast views, beyond the comprehension of the weak. And that it is doing God service when it is violating all His laws.
    --John Adams

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Ethereal For This Useful Post:

Abby08 (11-29-2020)

tPF Moderator
    Overall activity: 69.0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsTagger First ClassYour first GroupVeteranRecommendation First ClassOverdrive
    Awards:
    Master Tagger
    DGUtley's Avatar tPF Moderator
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 46,033x in 24,872 Posts
    Mentioned
    886 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ethereal View Post
    Most hospitals are at or near their capacity as a matter of routine. That is simply how they operate. There is nothing unusual about it. And if they need more capacity, they can simply add it. There is no reason to go shutting everything down every time a hospital approaches its capacity. I cannot believe our society has become so fearful and unimaginative that the only way we can think to respond to an increase in hospital capacity is to shut down everything and to violate people's basic rights.
    A month ago +/- , the hospital that my daughters work at had 7 Covid patients. yesterday it was 98. My oldest (whom I have a high degree of confidence is being truthful) told me that is close to 1/3 capacity. My youngest was tested today b/c a doctor wearing two masks tested positive and she worked with her. My brother just tested positive yesterday.
    Any time you give a man something he doesn't earn, you cheapen him. Our kids earn what they get, and that includes respect. -- Woody Hayes​

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    1169 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A month ago +/- , the hospital that my daughters work at had 7 Covid patients. yesterday it was 98. My oldest (whom I have a high degree of confidence is being truthful) told me that is close to 1/3 capacity. My youngest was tested today b/c a doctor wearing two masks tested positive and she worked with her. My brother just tested positive yesterday.
    A report by the New York Times showed that 90% of positive tests were likely misclassified. The data is simply not trustworthy, especially with how heavily this has been politicized and exploited. At any rate, my point is that there are other, better ways to deal with the problem than simply shutting down society every time hospitals are nearing capacity. If we cannot think of a better solution, then this country is in deep, deep trouble.
    --John Adams

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Ethereal For This Useful Post:

Abby08 (11-29-2020)

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    1169 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just wanted to add: If a relatively large municipality like Akron cannot handle an extra 91 patients without undergoing socioeconomic paralysis, then the state of society in this country is pathetically weak and fragile. And I strongly suspect that our increasingly despotic rulers prefer it that way.
    Last edited by Ethereal; 11-24-2020 at 08:40 PM.
    --John Adams

Level completed: 19%, Points required for next Level: 2,122
    Overall activity: 35.0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    The Booman's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 30,689x in 17,887 Posts
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    China for the win!

Original Ranter
    Overall activity: 0.2%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassOverdriveTagger First Class50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    MMC's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 39,163x in 27,727 Posts
    Mentioned
    243 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by carolina73 View Post
    I wish they would give us clean numbers.

ICU units are frequently overwhelmed pre-COVID. What percentage of those are ICU patients and which ones were brought in for short term treatment of the side effects. What percentage are even COVID related. The last number that I heard was only 6 were COVID related.
    The CDC information that I find go back to July 23rd.

Maybe they should just delay non-immediate procedures or re-route them to more rural hospitals.

For the courts:
    Too bad they could not free up the glut with real alternatives for the ridiculous law suits and hearings that are angry people that just want to mouth off and waste others time. Having been called for many juries, there were very few cases that needed a jury but a loud mouth wanted one. They always seem to find a way to settle it just before going to trial. I had one that I double checked in the parking lot of the courthouse and it had been settled in the last hour. Maybe they should set a final settlement date a month before the trial so they do not have to hassle jury members 95% of the time.
    The Democrats will never do that. They need the positive tests to keep their draconian mitigation measures in effect.
    History does not long Entrust the care of Freedom, to the Weak or Timid!!!!! Dwight D. Eisenhower ~

+ Reply to Thread