Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 5,497x in 3,308 Posts
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Larry Elder: Race Politics Are Based on a False Narrative

Race politics in the United States, which are based on “critical race theory,” are unfounded, according to author, filmmaker, and radio host Larry Elder.

Elder, the host of “The Larry Elder Show,” said in an interview with The Epoch Times’ “Crossroads” program that in his perception, critical race theory can be summed up as the notion that black people today are still victims in America of systemic racism and white people need to recognize how they victimized black people.

“Race relations has come down to, in my opinion, how black people feel about white people, and how white people feel about how black people feel about white people,” Elder said, adding that critical race theory doesn’t deal with the relations of Asians or Hispanics with other races.

Elder said that when Barack Obama decided to run for president, media published an article where his three advisers, David Plouffe, David Axelrod, and Valerie Jarrett, discussed the pros and cons of his decision to run but none of them brought up the issue of race. He added that even Jarret, who is black, did not bring up this issue because it was not a significant factor at that point in America.

In 2007, “60Minutes” program’s host Steve Croft asked Obama in an whether being black could hold him back from winning the race. Obama answered “No. I think if I do not win this race it would be because of other factors. It’s going to be because I have not shown the American people a vision of where the country needs to go that they can embrace.”

Elder said he commented on Obama’s response at the time that “this guy will improve race relations, given that attitude, and most Americans, I’m sure, felt the same way I felt.”

Article/Video continued:
    https://www.theepochtimes.com/larry-...g-2020-11-26-5

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Sybil Ludington For This Useful Post:

RMNIXON (11-27-2020)

Level completed: 18%, Points required for next Level: 2,462
    Overall activity: 61.0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    RMNIXON's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 30,547x in 17,986 Posts
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To be fair Obama and company knew the left media would promote the race issue (Historical President/critics are suspect racist) and thus the campaign could avoid it. Also picked the idiot Biden to secure White Male votes among nervous Democrats.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to RMNIXON For This Useful Post:

Sybil Ludington (11-27-2020)

+ Reply to Thread