Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 6,315x in 4,620 Posts
    Mentioned
    143 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RefutingInfidels View Post
    Frank Schaeffer, former Evangelist and son of the famous Evangelical theologian and preacher Francis Schaeffer, explains how the American Evangelical right are leading the world to catastrophe, in the name of "Biblical Prophecy" and the "Second Coming" of Jesus.

I am not going to watch it. In order to believe that arnaggeddon is right around the corner, you would have to believe that satan is bound and has no influence in this world. Look around.

In Revelation HE tells when this is going to happen.
    And I saw an angel come down from heaven, having the key of the bottomless pit and a great chain in his hand.
    2And he laid hold on the dragon, that old serpent, which is the Devil, and Satan, and bound him a thousand years,
    3And cast him into the bottomless pit, and shut him up, and set a seal upon him, that he should deceive the nations no more, till the thousand years should be fulfilled: and after that he must be loosed a little season.
    4And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years.
    5But the rest of the dead lived not again until the thousand years were finished. This is the first resurrection.
    6Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years.
    7And when the thousand years are expired, Satan shall be loosed out of his prison,
    8And shall go out to deceive the nations which are in the four quarters of the earth, Gog and Magog, to gather them together to battle: the number of whom is as the sand of the sea.
    9And they went up on the breadth of the earth, and compassed the camp of the saints about, and the beloved city: and fire came down from God out of heaven, and devoured them.

And yes I am a Christian, not a Zionist.

Level completed: 97%, Points required for next Level: 79
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteran
    Captdon's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 12,872x in 10,160 Posts
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Standing Wolf View Post
    Unless some individual or group that was somehow in a position to take actions that might conceivably speed up the so-called "Second Coming" followed through. Yes, it's fiction, but there was an excellent t.v. miniseries a few years ago called 'Dig' wherein a conspiracy that included both foreign and U.S. citizens, including officers of the State Department, planned to destroy the Dome of the Rock in order to bring about what they considered to be Biblical prophecies. While their motives were different, an underground radical Jewish group came close to destroying that mosque and several others in 1984.
    It isn't the destruction of the Dome that is the cause or a sign. It is the rebuilding of the Temple that's is part of it. that would bring an a nuclear war by the Muslims.
    Liberals are a clear and present danger to our nation
    Pick your enemies carefully.

Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 3
    Overall activity: 0.1%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    barb012's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 1,459x in 906 Posts
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    America was at the crossroad of history as people will remember that we took the wrong direction as time goes forward.

Level completed: 6%, Points required for next Level: 2,162
    Overall activity: 46.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteran
    Standing Wolf's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 21,268x in 12,391 Posts
    Mentioned
    417 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Captdon View Post
    It isn't the destruction of the Dome that is the cause or a sign. It is the rebuilding of the Temple that's is part of it. that would bring an a nuclear war by the Muslims.
    You wrote that before, and I responded in Post #60.

In every generation since Jesus' time, some were convinced that they were living in "the end times". Long before the Y2K scare, there was the Y1K scare, which centered on the conviction of many that the world was about to end. In America in the 1840s, the Millerite cult arose, predicting that the end times were near; when it turned out that they were not, that group split off to become a number of Adventist denominations, one of which merged with the Seventh Day Baptists to become the Seventh Day Adventists. And of course, as previously mentioned, there was the late '70s 'Late, Great Planet Earth' industry. People like to think that they're in the center of history, just as they used to like to think that the Earth was the center of the universe.
    Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.” - Robert E. Howard

"Only a rank degenerate would drive 1,500 miles across Texas and not eat a chicken fried steak." - Larry McMurtry

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Standing Wolf For This Useful Post:

MisterVeritis (12-02-2020)

Level completed: 97%, Points required for next Level: 79
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteran
    Captdon's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 12,872x in 10,160 Posts
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You wrote that before, and I responded in Post #60.

In every generation since Jesus' time, some were convinced that they were living in "the end times". Long before the Y2K scare, there was the Y1K scare, which centered on the conviction of many that the world was about to end. In America in the 1840s, the Millerite cult arose, predicting that the end times were near; when it turned out that they were not, that group split off to become a number of Adventist denominations, one of which merged with the Seventh Day Baptists to become the Seventh Day Adventists. And of course, as previously mentioned, there was the late '70s 'Late, Great Planet Earth' industry. People like to think that they're in the center of history, just as they used to like to think that the Earth was the center of the universe.
    I was merely adding to your post.
    Liberals are a clear and present danger to our nation
    Pick your enemies carefully.

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    417 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I was merely adding to your post.
    Thanks. I thought you might have missed my earlier response.
    Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.” - Robert E. Howard

"Only a rank degenerate would drive 1,500 miles across Texas and not eat a chicken fried steak." - Larry McMurtry

Level completed: 94%, Points required for next Level: 165
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranTagger First Class50000 Experience Points
    roadmaster's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    143 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So the Bible says when this is going to happen, after trib, after His wrath, after the 1000 year reign and all of you are saying it's going to happen before trib. Humm I think I will stick with the Bible and not your thinking or your fake pastors.

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    417 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by roadmaster View Post
    So the Bible says when this is going to happen, after trib, after His wrath, after the 1000 year reign and all of you are saying it's going to happen before trib. Humm I think I will stick with the Bible and not your thinking or your fake pastors.
    Rather than falling for hucksters like Tim LaHaye and the whole "left behind" nonsense, you might consider reading up on the traditional Christian interpretation of the prophetic passages in Daniel, Revelations, etc. Read 'An Eschatology of Victory' by J. Marcellus Kik. Or just give some consideration to some of the material accessible on the Internet.

Level completed: 94%, Points required for next Level: 165
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranTagger First Class50000 Experience Points
    roadmaster's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    143 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rather than falling for hucksters like Tim LaHaye and the whole "left behind" nonsense, you might consider reading up on the traditional Christian interpretation of the prophetic passages in Daniel, Revelations, etc. Read 'An Eschatology of Victory' by J. Marcellus Kik. Or just give some consideration to some of the material accessible on the Internet.
    I stick with the Bible only. Left behind is false. Christians will go threw trib. I don't need any other book or movie to tell me what HE says.

Level completed: 21%, Points required for next Level: 1,118
    Overall activity: 0.1%
    Achievements:
    Social25000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Retirednsmilin308's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 5,826x in 3,490 Posts
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Scripture doesn't change. I think sermons are just to remind us.
    ...but those preachers keep getting it wrong.
    They should leave out the current events and just stick to scripture.

They keep insisting the end days are here and now and they never are.

That is what I meant by recycling their sermons for 67 and 68.

Pretty much all "end days " sermons are the same except when they insert current events into them.

That is what makes them wrong.
    When it is not allowed to be questioned, it is not science, it is PROPAGANDA

+ Reply to Thread