Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 4,225x in 2,708 Posts
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

President Trump's attempts to overturn the 2020 election

It is very doubtful, in my opinion, that President Trump will overturn the result of the November 3 presidential election--I give him perhaps a two- or three-percent chance (and even that may be too generous)--but if he wishes to try, I can certainly see no reason why liberals would declare that his doing so is "dangerous to democracy."

He has every right--both legal and moral, I think--to pursue his options.

Comments?

Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 100.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteranOverdriveSocial
    Awards:
    Frequent Poster
    Tahuyaman's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 76,959x in 55,588 Posts
    Mentioned
    700 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pjohns View Post
    It is very doubtful, in my opinion, that President Trump will overturn the result of the November 3 presidential election--I give him perhaps a two- or three-percent chance (and even that may be too generous)--but if he wishes to try, I can certainly see no reason why liberals would declare that his doing so is "dangerous to democracy."

Comments?
    It’s not going to happen even if enough fraud is proven. It will just impact future elections years from now.
    When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic.“ - Benjamin Franklin.

“When people get used to preferential treatment equal treatment seems like discrimination.” - Thomas Sowell

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Tahuyaman For This Useful Post:

pjohns (11-30-2020)

Level completed: 19%, Points required for next Level: 2,122
    Overall activity: 35.0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    The Booman's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 30,690x in 17,888 Posts
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He hasn't overturned anything because the election has not been certified by the electoral college. He has a some good options. The SCOTUS being one of them.

Level completed: 22%, Points required for next Level: 630
    Overall activity: 0.1%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Davis's Avatar Banned
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 2,371x in 1,607 Posts
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He's done. I enjoy watching him flail.

Level completed: 34%, Points required for next Level: 333
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteran
    RefutingInfidels's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 56x in 44 Posts
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pjohns View Post

Comments?
    If you hear what Trump is saying about the supposed evidence that he has, "proving" election fraud, none of it is what is being presented in court by his lawyers. His attorneys aren't using the same arguments, or rhetoric in court, that we hear from Trump:

It's immoral to argue that the election is rigged, when you clearly don't have any evidence of fraud. Denying the president elect and his transition team from going through the process of preparing his administration, like all presidents do before they officially enter office, is immoral. It's wrong and shameful what Trump is doing.

Level completed: 21%, Points required for next Level: 1,118
    Achievements:
    Social25000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Retirednsmilin308's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 5,826x in 3,490 Posts
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RefutingInfidels View Post
    If you hear what Trump is saying about the supposed evidence that he has, "proving" election fraud, none of it is what is being presented in court by his lawyers. His attorneys aren't using the same arguments, or rhetoric in court, that we hear from Trump:

It's immoral to argue that the election is rigged, when you clearly don't have any evidence of fraud. Denying the president elect and his transition team from going through the process of preparing his administration, like all presidents do before they officially enter office, is immoral. It's wrong and shameful what Trump is doing.

I bet you also think there is and was NO EVIDENCE of riots in our major cities either.

Some have their eyes wide shut. Their AGENDA trumps reality.
    When it is not allowed to be questioned, it is not science, it is PROPAGANDA

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Retirednsmilin308 For This Useful Post:

pjohns (11-30-2020),Tahuyaman (11-30-2020)

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 56x in 44 Posts
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Retirednsmilin308 View Post
    I bet you also think there is and was NO EVIDENCE of riots in our major cities either.

Some have their eyes wide shut. Their AGENDA trumps reality.
    Silly glitch platitudes and BS FOX News talking points prove nothing. The REALITY is that the lawyers arguing Trump's case in court, refuse to admit fraud and have lost, every attempt to prove their fallacious case. As far as "riots" and burning cities, that's an exaggeration advanced by right-wing propagandists. You'll go on google and search for some pictures of a few incidents of arson, creating a warped picture and false narrative that these incidents are the norm and common. Doesn't the Holy Spirit lead you to tell the truth? Many of you "born again" fake-disciples of Jesus, claim to be the salt of the earth, and follow the gospel, but you're just a bunch of liars.

Level completed: 17%, Points required for next Level: 2,684
    Overall activity: 60.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteran
    FindersKeepers's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 26,625x in 16,267 Posts
    Mentioned
    271 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RefutingInfidels View Post
    Silly glitch platitudes and BS FOX News talking points prove nothing. The REALITY is that the lawyers arguing Trump's case in court, refuse to admit fraud and have lost, every attempt to prove their fallacious case. As far as "riots" and burning cities, that's an exaggeration advanced by right-wing propagandists. You'll go on google and search for some pictures of a few incidents of arson, creating a warped picture and false narrative that these incidents are the norm and common. Doesn't the Holy Spirit lead you to tell the truth? Many of you "born again" fake-disciples of Jesus, claim to be the salt of the earth, and follow the gospel, but you're just a bunch of liars.

The lawsuits are doing Biden a favor--they're keeping him from a term where cheating is constantly hanging over his head, which would reduce his ability to govern. Smart people know that and are wait patiently for them to play out. They also serve to pinpoint areas where our elections need to be tightened up.

As far as the riots -- insurers will pay out an estimated $2 Billion in damages from the thugs who should have been shot on sight. A good deal more businesses were not insured so the damage is even higher.

A good number of conservatives on this site are agnostic or atheist so your constant jabs at Christians are way off base. It just shows that you're insecure in your spiritual beliefs as well as your political leanings.
    ""A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul" ~George Bernard Shaw

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to FindersKeepers For This Useful Post:

Captdon (11-30-2020),Peter1469 (11-30-2020)

Original Ranter
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 91.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialCreated Album picturesOverdrive50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Awards:
    Posting Award
    Peter1469's Avatar Advisor
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 147,539x in 94,396 Posts
    Mentioned
    2552 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Trump Faces a Critical Choice About His Political Future

Victor Davis Hansen says Trump only has a few days to prove voter fraud. If he persists after that he risks being seen as a poor loser like Algore and Hillary. And that could lose the Senate.

Donald Trump is nearing a crossroads.

Those who allege that he has endangered the tradition of smooth presidential transitions by not conceding immediately after the media declared him the loser suffer amnesia.

When Trump was elected in 2016, the Washington establishment lost its collective mind. The top echelon of the FBI and CIA were still spreading a fraudulent Christopher Steele dossier paid for by the campaign of his opponent, Hillary Clinton, and the Democratic National Committee.

Shortly before Trump’s inauguration, President Barack Obama called Vice President Joe Biden, National-Security Adviser Susan Rice, Deputy Attorney General Sally Yates, and FBI director James Comey into the Oval Office. The purpose of the meeting was reportedly to collate progress reports about how best to continue government surveillance of Trump’s designated national-security adviser, Michael Flynn, and thereby disrupt the transition.

ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Peter1469 For This Useful Post:

RefutingInfidels (11-30-2020)

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 56x in 44 Posts
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FindersKeepers View Post
    The lawsuits are doing Biden a favor--they're keeping him from a term where cheating is constantly hanging over his head, which would reduce his ability to govern. Smart people know that and are wait patiently for them to play out. They also serve to pinpoint areas where our elections need to be tightened up.

As far as the riots -- insurers will pay out an estimated $2 Billion in damages from the thugs who should have been shot on sight. A good deal more businesses were not insured so the damage is even higher.

A good number of conservatives on this site are agnostic or atheist so your constant jabs at Christians are way off base. It just shows that you're insecure in your spiritual beliefs as well as your political leanings.
    " A preliminary estimate of insured losses from PCS as of September 30, 2020, which is still subject to further evaluation, would be more than $1 billion, marking it as the costliest civil disorder in U.S. history." https://www.iii.org/fact-statistic/f...ivil-disorders

They say it's more than a billion, but that's not an exact figure of 2 billion. Compared to the catastrophic effects of racism, the war on drugs, the mass incarceration of blacks and other minorities, the continual defunding of government programs by conservative politicians, one billion dollars in damages from civil unrest is nothing. All of those businesses that were insured got compensated for the property damage. You're more concerned about property damage than the damage caused by the government policies that led to the civil unrest.

The claims of Trump aren't taken seriously by the vast majority of people, with half a brain. Your silly comment about me being insecure with my spiritual beliefs and political leanings because I criticize a large segment of the right (the Evangelicals), reveals your own psychosis, which you're apparently projecting on me.

Some civil unrest is better than a civil war.

+ Reply to Thread