Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 43,648x in 28,238 Posts
    Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Lily View Post
    Ridiculous. Are they sent alive or dead?
    Dead and frozen but not plucked and otherwise untouched.

Level completed: 67%, Points required for next Level: 235
    Overall activity: 0.2%
    Achievements:
    5000 Experience PointsVeteran
    chaidragonfire's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 753x in 416 Posts
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    China does not have any food standards or safety protocols. If they do, they are ignored.

China still uses DDT to spray crops.

China raises fish in barrels and tanks that are so packed, the fish have no room to move.

China injects toxins, artificial chemicals, and steroids into livestock to "enhance" the production of meat.

China grows foods in contaminated landfills, garbage dumps, toxic waste dumps, and uses poisoned/polluted water.

Around 2006, the dollar stores were found to be selling jarred fruit from China that were making people violently sick. Some even ended up in the hospital.
    You probably didn't hear or see of this story, as it was giving a TINY little square on the bottom of secondary newspapers at the time, but the government quickly made sure that this news NEVER hit mainstream. The story was even only printed ONCE in the local newspaper, again, in a tiny square block at the bottom of the page.

What can you do to protect yourself and make sure you never buy anything from China?

READ the labels!!

Know the difference between "produced in the USA", "packaged in the USA", and "manufactured in the USA".
    "Produced in the USA" means the item you are buying is a base product of the USA, but could be cleaned and/or canned in another country.
    "Packaged in the USA" means the product itself is not from the USA, it was only sent here in to be packaged.
    "Manufactured in the USA" means that the end product was created in the USA, but could have used many ingredients or parts from "other sources", which means from other countries.

There are many more pieces of terminology that are placed on labels to purposely misguide consumers into believing that an item was grown, produced, manufactured, and packaged ALL here in the USA.....including putting a little American flag on the package itself.

I eat a lot of frozen dinners. And the brands I buy are all made by a specific company here in Texas. I researched them years ago, to see where they got their source materials from........dairy, meat, veggies, plastics, and where they were packaged. I even wrote the company headquarters asking them if they used ANY source materials from outside the USA. My research found that they used local farmed sources for their products, which actually covered 4 states, but were all grown and/or produced IN the USA. And I received a response from headquarters stating that they used NO other sources for their products, other than what is inside the USA, including packaging!

The research itself took me less than 15 minutes. And I even emailed a few of the farms this company got their source materials from, asking THEM if they used any source materials for raising or growing what they did, and they all responded "no outside sources used".

So I am happy that I don't have to think about what I'm eating or have to read the labels on these brands I buy, because I've done my research.
    Yes things change, and every couple of years, I double check to make sure nothing has changed.

Read a few labels.
    Learn the "trade lingo".
    Do some research.

You'll be happy you did.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to chaidragonfire For This Useful Post:

Peter1469 (01-01-2021),Sybil Ludington (01-01-2021)

Level completed: 29%, Points required for next Level: 1,219
    Overall activity: 0.2%
    Achievements:
    SocialTagger First ClassOverdrive25000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Sybil Ludington's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 5,497x in 3,308 Posts
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Lily View Post
    Ridiculous. Are they sent alive or dead?
    Does it even matter? I don't trust ANYTHING that China has it's hands in: our food, our elections, etc...

I think because processing is so much cheaper in China, BUT, how can we KNOW that they don't inject poisons, or contaminate the food? WHY would we catch salmon in Alaska, but then send it to China for packaging?

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sybil Ludington For This Useful Post:

Peter1469 (01-01-2021),Red Lily (01-01-2021)

+ Reply to Thread