User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Black Teen Posts Video of White Student Singing Rap Lyrics, Prompting Lynch Mob to

Level completed: 35%, Points required for next Level: 1,513
    Overall activity: 17.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Abby08's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 30,003x in 18,683 Posts
    Mentioned
    133 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister D View Post
    Are rap lyrics actually sung?

Good point. You have to do it with just the right hand gestures and, swagger.

Level completed: 4%, Points required for next Level: 579
    Overall activity: 0.1%
    Achievements:
    SocialTagger Second ClassVeteran5000 Experience Points
    Daily Bread's Avatar Banned
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 1,882x in 939 Posts
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sybil Ludington View Post
    Unfortunately, it's not just young people. Too many adults do the same thing. A friend of mine's niece is always doing this kind of stupid stuff, and she's married to a cop who has tried for years to explain to her how dangerous this is. I've lost track of how many times she's done things like go on FB and tell the entire world that she and friends are down at the music center at a concert, telling people we probably won't be home until at least midnight, etc. And almost immediately, my friend (her aunt) and I would send her a text message saying something like: Thank you for that important info. We'll get our gang together, go over to your house and clean you out before midnight. OH! mind you....she's damn near 40 years old. I just don't know HOW you get through to some of these people who ADDICTED to social media...
    As a kid in NY City (and to this day)we never put any death notices up in the public entities . There are those that took advantage and would do exactly what you described and would clean out your house while you're grieving .

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Daily Bread For This Useful Post:

Sybil Ludington (12-30-2020)

Level completed: 65%, Points required for next Level: 425
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsVeteranSocial
    Collateral Damage's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 6,800x in 4,160 Posts
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter1469 View Post
    I rarely post to FB. But if I do, about a trip for example, it is after the trip is over. I can't imagine advertising an empty condo.
    Exactly. Pictures, references to a trip, all done after the fact, if at all. No pictures of gifts, or address indicators of where one lives or works. FB has a reference as to where I went to High School, but no work, birthdate (that's real), locations, where I am, etc.

Too many people share way too much information, making it very easy for bad actors.
    "I believe there are more instances of the abridgement of freedom of the people by gradual and silent encroachments by those in power than by violent and sudden usurpations." -- James Madison

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Collateral Damage For This Useful Post:

Daily Bread (12-30-2020),Peter1469 (12-30-2020),Sybil Ludington (12-30-2020)

Level completed: 29%, Points required for next Level: 1,219
    Overall activity: 0.2%
    Achievements:
    SocialTagger First ClassOverdrive25000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Sybil Ludington's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 5,497x in 3,308 Posts
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Daily Bread View Post
    As a kid in NY City (and to this day)we never put any death notices up in the public entities . There are those that took advantage and would do exactly what you described and would clean out your house while you're grieving .
    Oh yeah. When I was a kid (19--20) I worked for a while at Wells Fargo. In 1977 we had a HUGE flood, much of the Plaza was under water for a while that night. A family, husband and son in one car, wife and daughter in another car, both tried to cross a low bridge that was partially under water, and they both got washed away. The entire family drowned. While the house was empty, burglars practically cleaned it out. It's sad that such lowlifes would add to people's grief. The family hired us for security after that until details of the home were taken care of, but.....unfortunately, too late.

When my dad died, I made sure friends were at the house during the funeral, and the trip to have him buried in another town a couple of hours drive away, to make sure something like that didn't happen with us...

Level completed: 29%, Points required for next Level: 1,219
    Achievements:
    SocialTagger First ClassOverdrive25000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Sybil Ludington's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 5,497x in 3,308 Posts
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Collateral Damage View Post
    Exactly. Pictures, references to a trip, all done after the fact, if at all. No pictures of gifts, or address indicators of where one lives or works. FB has a reference as to where I went to High School, but no work, birthdate (that's real), locations, where I am, etc.

Too many people share way too much information, making it very easy for bad actors.
    People just don't get how much info they're giving others without morals about themselves and family, etc. For instance: Those cutesy decals on the back window of your car with a stick figure that represents all the members of your family. They know how many, what gender, if you have a dog/cat, etc. And then the stickers like my son/daughter is an honor roll student at.... People make note of such things---maybe they know you'll have all kinds of expensive toys/games that children like, maybe they're a pervert and want to target your little boy/girl, who knows?

Even on Nextdoor, people use pictures of their kids in their avatar. Just because someone is your neighbor doesn't mean they are good people. Ted Bundy, Dennis Rader, all these kind of people are someone's neighbor.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Sybil Ludington For This Useful Post:

Collateral Damage (12-30-2020)

Level completed: 67%, Points required for next Level: 235
    Achievements:
    5000 Experience PointsVeteran
    chaidragonfire's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 753x in 416 Posts
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Daily Bread View Post
    We're missing the point that a media giant has become a social justice warrior and has used its powers and influence to destroy anything it deems unworthy to exist . This isn't the first time they've attacked innocents and those that condone it are fools .
    Draw a line . If we allow it - it will continue
    No.

Social media/media has become a Anti-justice beast of pure EVIL!!

Just like the Ice Cream Man......who wants to lure you into his den of deadly horrors!
    The Ice Cream Man.jpg

+ Reply to Thread