User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Is the Pandemic the End of the Buffet?

Level completed: 28%, Points required for next Level: 1,730
    Overall activity: 46.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    countryboy's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 21,457x in 13,508 Posts
    Mentioned
    230 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Thom Paine View Post
    You should be commended, not abased, for being aware or your personal needs and responding accordingly. That's what each of us should do.
    Wishing you health and prosperity Sir.
    Unfortunately, with libs, it doesn't stop there. They want you to be as miserable as they are, and have no reservations about using jack booted thugs to force compliance.
    Cutesy Time is OVER

2. The Following User Says Thank You to countryboy For This Useful Post:

Thom Paine (01-03-2021)

Level completed: 64%, Points required for next Level: 839
    Overall activity: 39.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteran
    Standing Wolf's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 21,088x in 12,283 Posts
    Mentioned
    415 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FindersKeepers View Post
    One more thing, Wolf, and I don't have a medical report to back this one up--just my sister who's a national Hospice nurse. She used to jet across the nation four or more times per month, but since last February, she's been grounded and has to conduct all her meetings on Zoom.

Hospices are seeing a large number of patient deaths that test positive--posthumously--for covid. The thing is, the average time a Hospice patient is in the program has not been reduced. In other words, these patients who are terminal and are the sickest of the sick, are not dying more quickly than they normally would be after entering the Hospice program. These are the ones with the greatest comorbidities of all.

It's going to be years before all of this is sorted out, and it's not a bad idea to take precautions, but the story that's coming out, might not be the final story.
    I get it. And certainly in the case of a very elderly hospice patient, or one in an advanced stage of some disease, who tests positive for Covid, there should be no rush to attribute that death to Covid. But in the case of someone who, in addition to testing positive for Covid also is suffering from the common cold or the flu (which does account for 56K deaths every year) how does make an arbitrary judgment as to which is killing or has killed that individual? Yes, the true numbers may, as you say, take years to sort out - but calling it a "hoax", as some do, is completely unjustified and irresponsible.
    Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.” - Robert E. Howard

"Only a rank degenerate would drive 1,500 miles across Texas and not eat a chicken fried steak." - Larry McMurtry

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Standing Wolf For This Useful Post:

FindersKeepers (01-03-2021)

Level completed: 64%, Points required for next Level: 839
    Overall activity: 39.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteran
    Standing Wolf's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 21,088x in 12,283 Posts
    Mentioned
    415 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by chaidragonfire View Post
    DUDE! OMG!
    I had pneumonia when I was about 4 years old, and I remember it like it was yesterday! Geez I feel for you!!

Recently I thought I was having a severe panic attack, because every time I moved I couldn't take a breath! I was stuck in my recliner for almost 2 days because moving literally shut my lungs down. Friends called 911 for me when they checked on me. Come to find out I had a huge clot in one lung, and one clot in each leg. They have no idea what the clot was from, nor do they know why it formed so fast, as my blood tests came back negative for all the tests they did!

They said it would take up to a year for me to recoup, and so far I'm having to do everything in slow motion and in short spurts so I don't fall over from lack of being able to breathe. ...
    That's horrendous! I hope you recover fully soon! Your mentioning falling over reminded me of when I was in the Emergency Room and they called my name; I got halfway to the desk and it was like my legs just shut down. After a few seconds someone asked, "Sir, do you need a wheelchair?" and I said, "Apparently". I recall being wheeled very rapidly down a hallway, and the next couple of weeks are pretty much gone and the month after that awfully fuzzy.

When I got back to the world, more or less, I posted a "cautionary tale" about my experience here on the forum, in an effort to encourage folks to get a pneumonia shot. I guess it couldn't hurt to post it again, for the benefit of the relative newcomers.

https://thepoliticalforums.com/threa...ght=cautionary
    Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.” - Robert E. Howard

"Only a rank degenerate would drive 1,500 miles across Texas and not eat a chicken fried steak." - Larry McMurtry

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Standing Wolf For This Useful Post:

chaidragonfire (01-03-2021)

Level completed: 67%, Points required for next Level: 235
    Overall activity: 0.2%
    Achievements:
    5000 Experience PointsVeteran
    chaidragonfire's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 753x in 416 Posts
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Standing Wolf View Post
    That's horrendous! I hope you recover fully soon! Your mentioning falling over reminded me of when I was in the Emergency Room and they called my name; I got halfway to the desk and it was like my legs just shut down. After a few seconds someone asked, "Sir, do you need a wheelchair?" and I said, "Apparently". I recall being wheeled very rapidly down a hallway, and the next couple of weeks are pretty much gone and the month after that awfully fuzzy.

When I got back to the world, more or less, I posted a "cautionary tale" about my experience here on the forum, in an effort to encourage folks to get a pneumonia shot. I guess it couldn't hurt to post it again, for the benefit of the relative newcomers.

https://thepoliticalforums.com/threa...ght=cautionary
    Geez. I have no words.....just "scary $#@!"!!!! Glad you made it through!

It's a $#@! getting older, and I wish I could punch her in the face!!! LMAO!!!

giphy.gif

8. The Following User Says Thank You to chaidragonfire For This Useful Post:

Standing Wolf (01-03-2021)

Level completed: 16%, Points required for next Level: 672
    Overall activity: 11.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    Thom Paine's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 1,119x in 683 Posts
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Geez. ...............................

It's a $#@! getting older, and I wish I could punch her in the face!!! LMAO!!!
    hmmmmm, to me, an odd thought. Considering times I may have died save for good fortune, wits, and a bit of grit, I am grateful for every day I awaken and look
    to more of them.
    WoW! gettin positive here!
    ready to recite the Desiderata and then break into a Thom song!
    I wont back down!

make it a great day C
    "I've outlived the country I loved" Monte Walsh 1970

"Remember: On the other side of that screen is a real person" (Missouri Mule)

Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 32.0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsVeteranYour first Group
    Ethereal's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 41,536x in 26,005 Posts
    Mentioned
    1169 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Standing Wolf View Post
    I get it. And certainly in the case of a very elderly hospice patient, or one in an advanced stage of some disease, who tests positive for Covid, there should be no rush to attribute that death to Covid. But in the case of someone who, in addition to testing positive for Covid also is suffering from the common cold or the flu (which does account for 56K deaths every year) how does make an arbitrary judgment as to which is killing or has killed that individual? Yes, the true numbers may, as you say, take years to sort out - but calling it a "hoax", as some do, is completely unjustified and irresponsible.
    I didn't call it a hoax, I called it a scam.

Obviously, people die from COVID. Not once have I denied that or attempted to suggest otherwise. But the evidence - which I have presented over and over and over again at this very forum - that COVID deaths are being wildly inflated is overwhelming. The top-line COVID death count that people like you use as an emotional bludgeon is a pure fraud. The risk that this virus poses to society has been criminally exaggerated for purely political purposes. That is what I mean when I say that it is a scam, not that there are no deaths or no risk.
    Power always thinks it has a great soul, and vast views, beyond the comprehension of the weak. And that it is doing God service when it is violating all His laws.
    --John Adams

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ethereal For This Useful Post:

Peter1469 (01-04-2021),Thom Paine (01-03-2021)

Level completed: 65%, Points required for next Level: 319
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience PointsSocial
    jigglepete's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 3,647x in 2,190 Posts
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, I asked the same question back in June!!

As a (now ex) buffet eater, this makes me sad. I love Asian buffets. Even if they were still to stay open, I wouldn't go.

I haven't even been to a drive thru since March, and I won't, until they find a REAL cure for COVID (fake or not).

I've been dying for a Pizza Hut pizza all freeking year long!! I want to go to my fav TexMex place to get my favorite nachos!!
    But I won't. I'm on the list of people who are supposedly highly susceptible. Real or fake, I don't want to take the chance.

I've been eating from home pretty much all year, and I'm SOOOOOOOOO sick of it!!!!
    As to the bolded, just douse the nachos in the hottest hot sauce they have and burn the Covid out (or colon as the case may be )

13. The Following User Says Thank You to jigglepete For This Useful Post:

Collateral Damage (01-05-2021)

Level completed: 87%, Points required for next Level: 327
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteran
    Captdon's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 12,837x in 10,134 Posts
    Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Thom Paine View Post
    After the first 30 days I relegated my concern level to the same as other 'demics' I have lived through.. somewhere near zero concern. Its a virus, it will do what they do. there will be no cure.. its here to stay like other flus and colds.
    Notice that flu and colds are near non existent this year. We should wonder that for a bit.
    Why? We have a vaccine for the flu. With less people out and about we have fewer colds.
    Liberals are a clear and present danger to our nation
    Pick your enemies carefully.

Level completed: 65%, Points required for next Level: 428
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsVeteranSocial
    Collateral Damage's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 6,800x in 4,160 Posts
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jigglepete View Post
    As to the bolded, just douse the nachos in the hottest hot sauce they have and burn the Covid out (or colon as the case may be )
    As said in my house: "Ain't nothin' gonna live through that!'
    "I believe there are more instances of the abridgement of freedom of the people by gradual and silent encroachments by those in power than by violent and sudden usurpations." -- James Madison

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Collateral Damage For This Useful Post:

jigglepete (01-05-2021)

Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 13
    Overall activity: 0.1%
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsVeteran
    John Galt's Avatar Banned
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 2,137x in 1,724 Posts
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ethereal View Post
    There is zero reason to end them or to end any other thing humans normally did. This "pandemic" is nothing more than a gigantic scam. Absolutely mind-blowing how many people have fallen for it.
    Your first sentence is true. The rest is nonsense.

You can't catch Covid by eating it. You inhale it, or introduce it to your body via the eyes.

+ Reply to Thread