Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 842x in 468 Posts
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Words I find inspirational.

Words by President Calvin Coolidge that I often find inspiring. They remind me of what I believe and why I see those beliefs as worth defending. Just thought I'd toss this out there...

About the Declaration there is a finality that is exceedingly restful. It is often asserted that the world has made a great deal of progress since 1776, that we have had new thoughts and new experiences which have given us a great advance over the people of that day, and that we may therefore very well discard their conclusions for something more modern. But that reasoning can not be applied to this great charter. If all men are created equal, that is final. If they are endowed with inalienable rights, that is final. If governments derive their just powers from the consent of the governed, that is final. No advance, no progress can be made beyond these propositions. If anyone wishes to deny their truth or their soundness, the only direction in which he can proceed historically is not forward, but backward toward the time when there was no equality, no rights of the people, no rule of the people. Those who wish to proceed in that direction can not lay claim to progress. They are reactionary. Their ideas are not more modern, but more ancient, than those of the Revolutionary fathers. – Calvin Coolidge, July 4, 1926
    Make Orwell fiction again.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to CaveDog For This Useful Post:

Peter1469 (01-07-2021)

Original Ranter
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 91.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialCreated Album picturesOverdrive50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Awards:
    Posting Award
    Peter1469's Avatar Advisor
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 147,525x in 94,386 Posts
    Mentioned
    2552 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CaveDog View Post
    Words by President Calvin Coolidge that I often find inspiring. They remind me of what I believe and why I see those beliefs as worth defending. Just thought I'd toss this out there...
    Coolidge was solid is holding the federal government power to our federalism roots.
    ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

+ Reply to Thread