User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Ghost hunters use photography, human bait and a ‘spirit box’ to find proof of ghosts

tPF Moderator
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 69.0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsTagger First ClassYour first GroupVeteranRecommendation First ClassOverdrive
    Awards:
    Master Tagger
    DGUtley's Avatar tPF Moderator
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 46,039x in 24,874 Posts
    Mentioned
    886 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Post Ghost hunters use photography, human bait and a ‘spirit box’ to find proof of ghosts

Ghost hunters use photography, human bait and a ‘spirit box’ to find proof of the supernatural...

* While the scientific community tends to regard their endeavours as pseudoscience, ghost photographers see themselves as credible scientists.
    * One group in Indonesia has a ‘70 to 80 per cent’ success rate for its missions to photograph jinns – supernatural creatures – a member says
    4d97d5b2-4f2e-11eb-ad83-255e1243236c_972x_061927.jpg
    Ghost huntres such as the Ghost Photography Community in Indonesia see themselves as credible scientists looking for truth beyond legends and myths. Photo: courtesy of the GPC
    In late 2013, Mickey Oxcygentri and his wife were driving down a steep hill in rural West Java province, Indonesia, when they thought they saw a zombie. It was an hour past midnight near Cicurug village, in Sukabumi Regency, and the only light around came from a few houses along the road. Oxcygentri, based in the Indonesian capital of Jakarta, was exhausted and at the end of a long day. He had driven up the hill to drop off a friend, who had warned him to be careful on the way back and to beware of a sharp bend in the road that was notorious for traffic accidents.
    “It was a turn that’s near a mostly Chinese graveyard,” recalls the photographer, now 39. According to local legend, the cemetery is haunted by the roaming spirits of accident victims and, as he approached the bend, something caught his eye. “It looked like a zombie you’d see on Train to Busan,” he says, referring to the acclaimed South Korean horror movie. “One eye popping out, clothes ripped to shreds – an accident victim. And it wasn’t only me. My wife saw it. She told me to drive right ahead, keep my eye on the road and focus. It was invisible in the rear-view mirror, but it was there.”

https://www.scmp.com/lifestyle/trave...tography-human
    Any time you give a man something he doesn't earn, you cheapen him. Our kids earn what they get, and that includes respect. -- Woody Hayes​

2. The Following User Says Thank You to DGUtley For This Useful Post:

Peter1469 (01-11-2021)

+ Reply to Thread