Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 29,262x in 20,293 Posts
    Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Who View Post
    I couldn't care less if investigators look into those machines -- so you can stop putting words in my mouth.
    As far as I know, there were no proven security issues with the Dominion machines.
    How is it you know this? Are you part of the investigation team?
    You're just not important enough to them for them to share this with you.............If there were none, then what are they hiding? If they aren't hiding anything, they wouldn't be suing everyone who wants to look into those machines.

For waltky: http://quakes.globalincidentmap.com/
    "The Nation that makes a great distinction between its scholars and its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards and its fighting done by fools."
    - Thucydides

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote" B. Franklin
    Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum

Level completed: 28%, Points required for next Level: 2,888
    Overall activity: 23.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranTagger First Class50000 Experience Points
    Dr. Who's Avatar Advisor
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 12,929x in 8,807 Posts
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by stjames1_53 View Post
    How is it you know this? Are you part of the investigation team?
    You're just not important enough to them for them to share this with you.............If there were none, then what are they hiding? If they aren't hiding anything, they wouldn't be suing everyone who wants to look into those machines.

I only know what has been reported in the news - hence "as far as I know". Also, based on what I've read, they are suing for defamation and damage to reputation, for unsubstantiated statements, not "suing everyone who wants to look into those machines".
    In quoting my post, you affirm and agree that you have not been goaded, provoked, emotionally manipulated or otherwise coerced into responding.

"The difference between what we do and what we are capable of doing would suffice to solve most of the world’s problems.”
    Mahatma Gandhi

Level completed: 79%, Points required for next Level: 235
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Boris The Animal's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 1,312x in 898 Posts
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I only know what has been reported in the news - hence "as far as I know". Also, based on what I've read, they are suing for defamation and damage to reputation, for unsubstantiated statements, not "suing everyone who wants to look into those machines".
    Ahh yes, the far Left lamestream news. The propaganda arm of the Communist Democrat party which you belong to, COMMIE!
    IT'S JUST BORIS!

Level completed: 69%, Points required for next Level: 1,056
    Overall activity: 35.0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger First ClassSocial50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    stjames1_53's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 29,262x in 20,293 Posts
    Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How ever you want to read it, it still boils down to the question of why they are trying so desperately to hide the machines.
    That's the question. You just don't want to ask it.
    What they're surely aware of is that their machines might be allowed as evidence and then they would be forensically studied. If the hard drives come back with no information on them, that is deception and really looks bad for them. Spoliage, I believe it's called.
    Do not side with them so quickly.
    Then, SCOTUS will take up the ballot issue.
    That's a lot of potential damage to the liberal agenda.
    For waltky: http://quakes.globalincidentmap.com/
    "The Nation that makes a great distinction between its scholars and its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards and its fighting done by fools."
    - Thucydides

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote" B. Franklin
    Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum

Level completed: 82%, Points required for next Level: 744
    Overall activity: 46.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteran
    donttread's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 20,510x in 14,774 Posts
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The evidence had to be both credible and material in order to properly comport with the pleadings, which were asking for the entire results of the vote in certain states to be discarded. If the irregularity was isolated and didn't materially affect the results, then the Court had no basis to continue with the trial, as they would not overturn millions of votes for a couple of hundred or even a couple of thousand ballot issues. In the case of those suits dismissed for lateness, it was generally because the legislative issues brought forth in the complaint existed prior to the election and the plaintiffs had a duty to bring them to the courts before voters cast their ballots. By not challenging them prior to the election, they are legally deemed as having accepted those changes in procedure. As far as I know, there were no proven security issues with the Dominion machines.

@Dr. Who Most of that sounds like legal BS . Not on your part as I'm sure you are correct about what they said. As for "Planitiffs had a duty" ? That is legalease for "we found a way to stop you"

Don't get me wrong throwing out millions of votes was not warranted. Further investigation as to how many should be thrown out WAS. What of the Dominion Machine that transterred Rep votes to Biden, what was it 6,000 of them. I believe the request was to futher investigate since those machines were used pretty much state wide.

Given the math and statistics of Biden's mail in vote percentage in Swing states as high as 78% in places where he was getting 49% in person and with at least 1/3 of those mail ins coming from seniors along with a few mind boggling Biden favored vote dumps ? Well he'd of probably been more likely to win lotto!

There was plenty of evidence to warrant further investigation and one would think that if the DNC really believed they won they would want that investigation to clear the air. The same about the courts. I believe a great number of people thought that even if there was a steal it would be better for the country to not admit it. Now I've seen polls as high as 50% of the country thinks something was wrong. The inexplicable new mail in voter systems when the only logical thing to do was to use the exsisting Absentee ballot systems left so much room for doubt and cover for a steal if it was one.The people have lost faith in the process. And now the new regime wants to take control of the state run voting and remove any sembalance of procedure or vettability.

You are a very inelligent poster. But intelligence lends itself to rationalization. Is that what you are going. Kind of whistling in the dark to quiet your own slight doubts?

Level completed: 28%, Points required for next Level: 2,888
    Overall activity: 23.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranTagger First Class50000 Experience Points
    Dr. Who's Avatar Advisor
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 12,929x in 8,807 Posts
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by donttread View Post
    @Dr. Who Most of that sounds like legal BS . Not on your part as I'm sure you are correct about what they said. As for "Planitiffs had a duty" ? That is legalease for "we found a way to stop you"

Don't get me wrong throwing out millions of votes was not warranted. Further investigation as to how many should be thrown out WAS. What of the Dominion Machine that transterred Rep votes to Biden, what was it 6,000 of them. I believe the request was to futher investigate since those machines were used pretty much state wide.

Given the math and statistics of Biden's mail in vote percentage in Swing states as high as 78% in places where he was getting 49% in person and with at least 1/3 of those mail ins coming from seniors along with a few mind boggling Biden favored vote dumps ? Well he'd of probably been more likely to win lotto!

There was plenty of evidence to warrant further investigation and one would think that if the DNC really believed they won they would want that investigation to clear the air. The same about the courts. I believe a great number of people thought that even if there was a steal it would be better for the country to not admit it. Now I've seen polls as high as 50% of the country thinks something was wrong. The inexplicable new mail in voter systems when the only logical thing to do was to use the exsisting Absentee ballot systems left so much room for doubt and cover for a steal if it was one.The people have lost faith in the process. And now the new regime wants to take control of the state run voting and remove any sembalance of procedure or vettability.

You are a very inelligent poster. But intelligence lends itself to rationalization. Is that what you are going. Kind of whistling in the dark to quiet your own slight doubts?
    There is a legal doctrine known as "laches" which involves either undue delay in asserting a legal right or privilege or failure to bring a legal claim in the proper, or a reasonable, time. In order to successfully claim laches as a defense, the defendant must prove that his status has changed because of the unreasonable delay in filing the lawsuit, causing him to be in a worse position than at the time the claim should have been filed. In this case waiting to assert a legal challenge to legislation or an electoral amendment until after a vote has taken place due to an unreasonable and inexcusable lack of diligence on the part of the plaintiffs, prejudiced the defendants because the remedy would now require the time and expense of a new election, not to mention forcing the electorate to vote a second time. I believe that in one case, a prior election had even taken place under the amended rules and the plaintiffs had not raised any issues at that time (perhaps because it worked to their advantage).

If a matter is to be adjudicated by a court, then legal doctrines and principles must apply. Any court that disregards such doctrines and principles and rules accordingly, will simply be overturned on appeal and the judge's competency and/or ethics may be questioned.

There was a report that came out in December based on exit polls that outlines some of the reasons that Trump lost support and in which groups, that tends to explain the election results:
    https://thepoliticalforums.com/threa...=1#post3173264

I have no problem with an investigation into the possible weaknesses in voting methods and addressing them before any further elections take place. However, that investigation would have to include all states, not just the contested states.
    In quoting my post, you affirm and agree that you have not been goaded, provoked, emotionally manipulated or otherwise coerced into responding.

"The difference between what we do and what we are capable of doing would suffice to solve most of the world’s problems.”
    Mahatma Gandhi

+ Reply to Thread