User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 29 of 38 FirstFirst ... 19252627282930313233 ... LastLast

Thread: 'Let's Burn This Sh*t Down': BLM Activist Arrested After Attending Capitol Riots....

Original Ranter
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 0.2%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassOverdriveTagger First Class50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    MMC's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 39,163x in 27,727 Posts
    Mentioned
    243 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter1469 View Post
    Antifa is a violent group. They also beat a lot of people.

Yes they are good at beating up seniors, women, children. Then in Chicago they got their ass handed to them by gangbangers and some Italians.
    History does not long Entrust the care of Freedom, to the Weak or Timid!!!!! Dwight D. Eisenhower ~

2. The Following User Says Thank You to MMC For This Useful Post:

Peter1469 (01-18-2021)

Original Ranter
    Overall activity: 42.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassOverdrive50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Mister D's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 53,470x in 36,445 Posts
    Mentioned
    1102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheLiquidGuy View Post
    You are essentially claiming that since we didn't come out and say "we hereby denounce the summer riots" we were complicit. You are essentially claiming that we either wanted riots to continue, or we didn't think they were abhorrent enough to denounce them.

If that's not right, then why don't you clarify your position.
    You were complicit. Your words have been quoted several time now. According to you, the rioters had legitimate grievances that needed to be addressed in order for the violence to stop. You went on to condemn Trump, not the rioter, for the violence. He wasn't "curious" enough about left wing lunatics.

Your first reflex is to make the protests stop. That’s an example of the one-dimensional, auto-pilot, reactionary, checker-playing strategy that characterizes Trump’s continuing failure. It's an example of why an actual smart person needs to be in office instead of this unrelenting self-promotional con man.

Instead of acting like a caveman and grabbing a bat, he could try to think about the problem and do something creative that might actually solve the underlying problem. He is not a thinker though. So, wouldn't it be great if he assembled a team of thinkers around him? It would. But instead he hired a team of yes-men to stroke his delicate narcissist ego.

It seems more people are catching on and polls are starting to show fewer people are standing by him while he watches the world burn.

What can he do? It's not my job to save the country but even I can think of some basic things off the top of my head. Imagine if he put together a competent team to do that full time!

#1 Get off of autopilot. That was fine when you inherited your upward trajectory from previous admins. But guess what Donald! Life is full of surprises. Stop tweeting and start harvesting ideas that are out there. We are sick of hearing your self serving tweets. If there was ever a time to not be on presidential auto-pilot, this is it.

#2 Be curious. Meet with black leaders and don’t just make it into a photo op. That won’t work. Find out what their grievances are. Ask them what needs to change. And take it seriously.

#3 Quit searching for some magic combination of words that will sooth minorities' feelings and end rioting. Talk is cheap and doesn’t work any more because people are now smarter than that. Take Action . Actual real action. I don’t understand how defunding police would work. But maybe some part of that will help.

#4 provide funding for states to expand the mandatory usage of body cams.
    #5 Be a leader and create a national standard training program for race relations sensitivity.
    #6 make it a crime to use choke holds.
    #7 ban use of batons on fleeing suspects.
    #8 Do not crush peaceful protests in Lafayette or anywhere. (Yes it was peaceful)
    #9 Stop prioritizing your super transparent propaganda pandering over the first amendment rights of protestor, just so you can hold a up book you have never read upside down in front of a church you dont care about.
    #10 stop doing the bare minimum that a president is expected to do. Hmmm.. Or maybe I should say “start” doing the bare minimum.
    Whoever criticizes capitalism, while approving immigration, whose working class is its first victim, had better shut up. Whoever criticizes immigration, while remaining silent about capitalism, should do the same.

~Alain de Benoist

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Mister D For This Useful Post:

MMC (01-18-2021)

Original Ranter
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    1102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Booman View Post
    No, not at all you child. Violence by the left happened all year and you were silent. 15 minutes of some idiots in the capital building and you see this as the worst thing to ever happen in the US. Well, it wasn't. you have no standing because your outrage is selective.
    Unfortunately, he was not silent. He blamed Trump.
    Whoever criticizes capitalism, while approving immigration, whose working class is its first victim, had better shut up. Whoever criticizes immigration, while remaining silent about capitalism, should do the same.

~Alain de Benoist

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Mister D For This Useful Post:

Peter1469 (01-18-2021)

Original Ranter
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    1102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    You don't get it. This isn't about the severity of the violence. (Although the capitol riot lasted hours, not minutes.)

Yes, it was the worst thing to happen to the US. It was. If you don't already know why it was, I am not sure anyone could ever explain it to you. I don't know about you but I value democracy. I value having a two (or more) party system. What happened on January 6, 2021 was the closest we have ever come to losing that. Democrats and Republicans both had NO CHOICE but to denounce it.

"Eternal vigilance" is the reason. The capitol riots were the quintessential threat to this continuance of this constitutional republic. If we didn't denounce it in the strongest of terms, we risked normalizing it. That would mean the next incursion against the rule of law would be even worse. Continuing until we lose our franchise, our freedom, our country. Eternal vigilance, because if you fall asleep in a democracy you will wake up in a dictatorship.

So why didn't we also condemn the Summer riots? I have, privately. But the summer riots only had local implications. The capital riot had implications for all of us, and for generations to come. I thought the summer riots were abhorrent, but frankly I didn't care. It didn't affect me. And virtue signalling here in the forum would do little to stop them because they were not inspired by a powerful elected official. The protesting and the rioting were a grassroots phenomenon. There was no one person who incited it and therefore no one to call out. IMO, Republicans denounced the violence simply to point out how savage and evil lefties are. It was a political denouncement, not inspired by moral conviction. IMO, the Republican's repudiation of the capitol riots was also political. See post #248 for an explanation.
    Rioting, violence and mayhem became normalized over the course of 2020. Thanks for that.

~Alain de Benoist

Original Ranter
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    1102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Booman View Post
    Trump reacted violently?
    As Junie unwittingly admitted, the left wasn't talking about the violence of the rioters. They were as focused on Trump as ever.

~Alain de Benoist

Level completed: 8%, Points required for next Level: 2,121
    Overall activity: 78.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialYour first Group50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Awards:
    Calendar Award
    TheLiquidGuy's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 2,026x in 1,730 Posts
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is a mile stone. You provide a link!
    are you on the road to rehabilitation? Hopefully this is the new you.

That was kinda fun to read. It had a sorta mini spy novel intrigue going for it.

There is nothing in there. No foothold. No reason to believe this is anything other than tabloid journalism from an outlet so obscure that i couldn't even find a wikipedia entry for it. Is James a well-to-do person? (Or even a real person?). Because if I was struck by pandemic job loss and a paper offered me say, $200 to do an interview, i would spin a spy novel tale too.

But maybe its not that. Let me know when this story actually pans out into something worth paying attention to. Say, when the FBI drops their bombshell. I wont hold my breath.

“Just say the election was corrupt and leave the
    rest to me and the Republican congressmen”
    --Donald Trump

Speaking to the Justice Department on Dec. 27, 2020. Conversation memorialized in then-acting Deputy Attorney General Richard Donoghue’s contemporaneous notes.

Original Ranter
    Overall activity: 0.2%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassOverdriveTagger First Class50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    MMC's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 39,163x in 27,727 Posts
    Mentioned
    243 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Update on this BLM/Aunty Fa piece of $#@!.

Federal Judge Releases BLM Capitol Rioter Without Bail

John Earle Sullivan, a far-left agitator who was present at the Capitol riots on Jan. 6 and recorded a woman’s death at the hands of police, was released from jail on Friday without bail, according to Fox News.

According to Utah District Magistrate Judge Daphne Oberg, the motion for Sullivan’s detention was denied because it didn’t meet the court’s threshold for a hearing. Prosecutors had asked for Sullivan to be retained in jail at least until inauguration day.

Federal judges have denied bail to others who took part in the Jan. 6 chaos. Not Oberg.

“The court orders John Earle Sullivan’s release, in this case, based on a finding that the government did not establish a basis to hold a detention hearing…Because the court finds the threshold conditions under § 3142(f) have not been met, it cannot hold a detention hearing and, thus, cannot detain the defendant,” Oberg wrote.

The federal judge ordered Sullivan to stay home, avoid protests of any kind, stay off social media, stop working for his activist group, surrender his passport, and prohibited him from having any weapons. The left-wing activist will also be subjected to a mental health evaluation and is forbidden from talking with anyone involved in the case including witnesses and co-defendants...snip~

Federal Judge Releases BLM Capitol Rioter Without Bail (thefederalist.com)

History does not long Entrust the care of Freedom, to the Weak or Timid!!!!! Dwight D. Eisenhower ~

Original Ranter
    Overall activity: 91.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialCreated Album picturesOverdrive50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Awards:
    Posting Award
    Peter1469's Avatar Advisor
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 147,525x in 94,386 Posts
    Mentioned
    2552 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I always provide a link. Often just once, and refer back to it so the smart people can follow along.

This is a mile stone. You provide a link!
    are you on the road to rehabilitation? Hopefully this is the new you.

That was kinda fun to read. It had a sorta mini spy novel intrigue going for it.

There is nothing in there. No foothold. No reason to believe this is anything other than tabloid journalism from an outlet so obscure that i couldn't even find a wikipedia entry for it. Is James a well-to-do person? (Or even a real person?). Because if I was struck by pandemic job loss and a paper offered me say, $200 to do an interview, i would spin a spy novel tale too.

But maybe its not that. Let me know when this story actually pans out into something worth paying attention to. Say, when the FBI drops their bombshell. I wont hold my breath.
    Read CNN- their agenda and yours meshes.
    ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Level completed: 8%, Points required for next Level: 2,121
    Overall activity: 78.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialYour first Group50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Awards:
    Calendar Award
    TheLiquidGuy's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 2,026x in 1,730 Posts
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter1469 View Post
    Thank you for providing a link.

That link tells us what we already know: John Sullivan is a BLM member. And he was in the capitol.

It doesn't tell us that antifa started the riot.

“Just say the election was corrupt and leave the
    rest to me and the Republican congressmen”
    --Donald Trump

Speaking to the Justice Department on Dec. 27, 2020. Conversation memorialized in then-acting Deputy Attorney General Richard Donoghue’s contemporaneous notes.

Original Ranter
    Overall activity: 91.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialCreated Album picturesOverdrive50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Awards:
    Posting Award
    Peter1469's Avatar Advisor
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 147,525x in 94,386 Posts
    Mentioned
    2552 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you for providing a link.

That link tells us what we already know: John Sullivan is a BLM member. And he was in the capitol.

It doesn't tell us that antifa started the riot.
    His video (linked to previously) does show that he and his crew instigated the break in and the violence- look at the thread title. That is what he said. That is why the FBI charged him.
    ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

+ Reply to Thread