Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 26,625x in 16,267 Posts
    Mentioned
    271 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Epigenetics

Now they have a scientific name for it and now they have an explanation for how it works.

I have long understood that there is a correlation between my emotions and my physical body, but I also understood there was a link between my thoughts, emotions, and my life.

This guy -- Dr. Bruce Lipton -- explains it in a scientific way. It's pretty interesting.

""A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul" ~George Bernard Shaw

2. The Following User Says Thank You to FindersKeepers For This Useful Post:

Adelaide (02-01-2021)

Original Ranter
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 0.2%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassOverdriveTagger First Class50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    MMC's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 39,167x in 27,728 Posts
    Mentioned
    243 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Epigenetics most often involves changes that affect gene activity and expression, but the term can also be used to describe any heritable phenotypic change. Such effects on cellular and physiological phenotypic traits may result from external or environmental factors, or be part of normal development.

Epigenetic is incredibly significant. First and foremost, because it allows for the change of the effective genome in only one generation. In short epigenetics is the silencing and activating of different genes within the genome.

What Is Epigenetics And Why Do You Care. Epigenetics is making a splash in science and healthcare as the medical community is deepening understanding of the link between gene expression and lifestyle factors. Epigenetics is the study of those processes or variables that activate or deactivate the expression of certain genes.
    What Is Epigenetics And Why Do You Care - Dr Tracy Gapin

drtracygapin.com/what-is-epigenetics-and-why-do-you-car…

Epigenetics | Psychology Today

https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/basics/epigenetics
    Epigenetics is the study of how the environment and other factors can change the way that genes are expressed. While epigenetic changes do not alter the sequence of a person's genetic code, they...

epigenetics definition - Bing

Madonna said Vogue!

History does not long Entrust the care of Freedom, to the Weak or Timid!!!!! Dwight D. Eisenhower ~

4. The Following User Says Thank You to MMC For This Useful Post:

FindersKeepers (02-01-2021)

tPF Moderator
    Level completed: 53%, Points required for next Level: 1,800
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialTagger First ClassCreated Album picturesYour first GroupRecommendation First Class50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Adelaide's Avatar tPF Moderator
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 18,451x in 11,740 Posts
    Mentioned
    1723 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    I am a huge fan of epigenetic research including proposals for using iPS cells (or other stem cells) to engineer treatments for physical and psychological conditions. I think the most interesting potential application I have read about is for reprogramming individuals with schizophrenia and it was written by the OG Yamanaka. I posted about it a bit back in 2013 before I had studied it at all in school. I think one of the most interesting things is how it is conceptualized within clinical psychology. Our understanding of the role of genetics and epigenetics is really quite rudimentary and most of what can be said with confidence is based on unethical research (like concordance rates in DZ/MZ studies). Behavioral biology/genetics is a field where there should be massive growth. The idea that things like personality have a genetic or epigenetic component? Or the role that early experiences can have on development (and impact genes) is fascinating.
    FYIWDWYTM

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Adelaide For This Useful Post:

FindersKeepers (02-01-2021)

+ Reply to Thread