User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: What's the difference between the hundreds of riots this summer and the Capitol Storm

Level completed: 70%, Points required for next Level: 1,050
    Overall activity: 36.0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger First ClassSocial50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    stjames1_53's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 29,264x in 20,295 Posts
    Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Who View Post
    The primary difference is that BLM protests have not been politically motivated. Their charges of systemic racism do not target any particular party, nor even any particular level of government, though if any levels of government are implicated, they would be local and then state governments, in that order. BLM protests are focused on the social attitudes that continue to permit an unwritten double standard in policing and criminal justice, among other things. BLM is a civil rights movement not a partisan political dispute. The protests have attracted parasitic gadflies from both extremes of the political spectrum who require a host to attach themselves to in order to engage one another in conflict, and cause mayhem, as well as opportunistic criminals who use the protests as cover for their crimes.

The "Capitol Storm" on the other hand was about pure partisan politics and the influence of a populist President who advanced conspiracy theory to enrage his supporters on falsely patriotic grounds.
    When you want to "donate" to BLM through their website, their link sends you to ActBlu which is a front for the democrats.
    That makes them political because that "service" wasn't available to the Republicans, only and just to, Democrats.
    Don't shoot your mouth off about something you don't know.
    BLM is a pet project of the democrats, so it IS political.
    For waltky: http://quakes.globalincidentmap.com/
    "The Nation that makes a great distinction between its scholars and its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards and its fighting done by fools."
    - Thucydides

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote" B. Franklin
    Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum

2. The Following User Says Thank You to stjames1_53 For This Useful Post:

MisterVeritis (02-15-2021)

Level completed: 70%, Points required for next Level: 1,050
    Overall activity: 36.0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger First ClassSocial50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    stjames1_53's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 29,264x in 20,295 Posts
    Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by donttread View Post
    Are the riots ongoing outside of Washington state? "Peace March" LOL
    Minneapolis comes to mind.........
    For waltky: http://quakes.globalincidentmap.com/
    "The Nation that makes a great distinction between its scholars and its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards and its fighting done by fools."
    - Thucydides

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote" B. Franklin
    Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum

4. The Following User Says Thank You to stjames1_53 For This Useful Post:

donttread (02-15-2021)

Level completed: 2%, Points required for next Level: 1,666
    Overall activity: 10.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Hoosier8's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 10,164x in 6,407 Posts
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The primary difference is that BLM protests have not been politically motivated. Their charges of systemic racism do not target any particular party, nor even any particular level of government, though if any levels of government are implicated, they would be local and then state governments, in that order. BLM protests are focused on the social attitudes that continue to permit an unwritten double standard in policing and criminal justice, among other things. BLM is a civil rights movement not a partisan political dispute. The protests have attracted parasitic gadflies from both extremes of the political spectrum who require a host to attach themselves to in order to engage one another in conflict, and cause mayhem, as well as opportunistic criminals who use the protests as cover for their crimes.

The "Capitol Storm" on the other hand was about pure partisan politics and the influence of a populist President who advanced conspiracy theory to enrage his supporters on falsely patriotic grounds.
    So the attack on republicans and Trump supporters last summer was not politically motivated? Fascinating.
    When Donald Trump said to protest “peacefully”, he meant violence.

When he told protesters to “go home”, he meant stay for an insurrection.

And when he told Brad Raffensperger to implement “whatever the correct legal remedy is”, he meant fraud.

War is peace.

Freedom is slavery.

Ignorance is strength.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Hoosier8 For This Useful Post:

donttread (02-15-2021),MisterVeritis (02-15-2021),stjames1_53 (02-15-2021)

Level completed: 82%, Points required for next Level: 733
    Overall activity: 47.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteran
    donttread's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 20,517x in 14,777 Posts
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cotton1 View Post
    That was an excellent post. Very well stated

Based on the "evidence " they used to charge Trump dozens of them should be charged with inciting and that needs to happen to at least a few!

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to donttread For This Useful Post:

Cotton1 (02-15-2021),stjames1_53 (02-15-2021)

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I disagree WHO I think BLM partnered with the democrat party who defended and encouraged their actions up to and including riots and refused to stop them while citizens lived in fear. I mean I get that they are Marxist Anarchist ( if that's even possible to be) who don't necessarily like any whites including dems but they partnered with them. IMO BLM has no real interest in helping blacks as evidenced by their ridiculous rejection of family structure ( one of the main tools that impovershed groups always use to rise out of poverty.

I think both the summer riots and the Capital Storm happened for the same reason because people felt like they had no voice. Government buildings and officials were damaged or taken or threatened in both cases.

Lastly, it shouldn't realy matter the actions were dangerous and wrong and should have been stopped. Imagine if the Capitaol Police had been ordered to pull out and leave the elites vulnerable in the same way the inner city poor were left vulnerable this summer?

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to donttread For This Useful Post:

Peter1469 (02-15-2021),stjames1_53 (02-15-2021)

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Standing Wolf View Post
    One other thing. The Capitol Riot was aimed at halting and preventing an official process by the U.S. government - the certification of the electoral votes that had been cast. The rioters weren't just intent on taking over a city block or a particular street or part of town; they were there to shut down a vital and required action by the Congress...to in effect take over the government by force of arms.
    Same goes for the police function in dozens of cities this summer. Mayors with options left citizens unprotected for political gain. I suppose the ultimate charges might vary but the support and refusal to stop the riots should not have.

Level completed: 2%, Points required for next Level: 1,666
    Overall activity: 10.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Hoosier8's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 10,164x in 6,407 Posts
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by donttread View Post
    I disagree WHO I think BLM partnered with the democrat party who defended and encouraged their actions up to and including riots and refused to stop them while citizens lived in fear. I mean I get that they are Marxist Anarchist ( if that's even possible to be) who don't necessarily like any whites including dems but they partnered with them. IMO BLM has no real interest in helping blacks as evidenced by their ridiculous rejection of family structure ( one of the main tools that impovershed groups always use to rise out of poverty.

I think both the summer riots and the Capital Storm happened for the same reason because people felt like they had no voice. Government buildings and officials were damaged or taken or threatened in both cases.

Lastly, it shouldn't realy matter the actions were dangerous and wrong and should have been stopped. Imagine if the Capitaol Police had been ordered to pull out and leave the elites vulnerable in the same way the inner city poor were left vulnerable this summer?
    One of the reasons the dems backed off on witnesses is because the first two would be Pelosi and Mayor Bowser who were both warned ahead of time but turned down National Guard help.
    When Donald Trump said to protest “peacefully”, he meant violence.

When he told protesters to “go home”, he meant stay for an insurrection.

And when he told Brad Raffensperger to implement “whatever the correct legal remedy is”, he meant fraud.

War is peace.

Freedom is slavery.

Ignorance is strength.

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Hoosier8 For This Useful Post:

donttread (02-15-2021),MisterVeritis (02-15-2021),stjames1_53 (02-16-2021)

tPF Moderator
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 69.0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsTagger First ClassYour first GroupVeteranRecommendation First ClassOverdrive
    Awards:
    Master Tagger
    DGUtley's Avatar tPF Moderator
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 46,039x in 24,874 Posts
    Mentioned
    886 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Standing Wolf View Post
    One other thing. The Capitol Riot was aimed at halting and preventing an official process by the U.S. government - the certification of the electoral votes that had been cast. The rioters weren't just intent on taking over a city block or a particular street or part of town; they were there to shut down a vital and required action by the Congress...to in effect take over the government by force of arms.
    I was going to post this very statement - except the part after "...". I'm not sure that was their intent. I know that they wanted to stop the certification, beyond that I don't think even they knew.
    Any time you give a man something he doesn't earn, you cheapen him. Our kids earn what they get, and that includes respect. -- Woody Hayes​

15. The Following User Says Thank You to DGUtley For This Useful Post:

Docthehun (02-15-2021)

Level completed: 61%, Points required for next Level: 549
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Recommendation Second ClassSocial50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Docthehun's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 4,497x in 2,935 Posts
    Mentioned
    131 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DGUtley View Post
    I was going to post this very statement - except the part after "...". I'm not sure that was their intent. I know that they wanted to stop the certification, beyond that I don't think even they knew.
    No chess players. Color me surprised.

Original Ranter
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 41.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassOverdrive50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Mister D's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 53,474x in 36,449 Posts
    Mentioned
    1102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DGUtley View Post
    They would have overturned the election if they had found it. Luckily, it wasn't there.
    Whoever criticizes capitalism, while approving immigration, whose working class is its first victim, had better shut up. Whoever criticizes immigration, while remaining silent about capitalism, should do the same.

~Alain de Benoist

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Mister D For This Useful Post:

Abby08 (02-16-2021)

+ Reply to Thread