User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Is leftist scum is happy about the electric power generating plants they shut down?

Level completed: 43%, Points required for next Level: 2,306
    Overall activity: 25.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranTagger First Class50000 Experience Points
    Dr. Who's Avatar Advisor
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 13,046x in 8,894 Posts
    Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by stjames1_53 View Post
    So, lets just burn down what we have and THEN find a replacement...............
    And what massive "damage" will cause the rise of rates?
    Repeated power outages cause burst pipes, water damage claims, loss of perishable goods, business interruption ...
    In quoting my post, you affirm and agree that you have not been goaded, provoked, emotionally manipulated or otherwise coerced into responding.

"The difference between what we do and what we are capable of doing would suffice to solve most of the world’s problems.”
    Mahatma Gandhi

Level completed: 53%, Points required for next Level: 1,720
    Overall activity: 77.0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsOverdriveVeteran
    Awards:
    Activity Award
    carolina73's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 44,085x in 28,494 Posts
    Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So, lets just burn down what we have and THEN find a replacement...............
    And what massive "damage" will cause the rise of rates?
    That is the stupidity of the issue.

I actual like Tesla cars and I support electric power and using the most efficient ways of producing it. If I drove like I have in certain parts of my life then there is no way it would work. I would spend my days at charging stations.

This "damn the torpedoes" approach to cancellation of fossil fuels is insane.
    They need to develop the technology first that is efficient. Currently taxpayers are being forced to pay for the green energy generation because it can never pay for itself. How many homes would actually use solar panels without the tax credits? California is forcing people to put them on new houses now because the people would not waste the money otherwise.
    I did not even put mine back up when I replaced the roof. Solar panels and equipment do not like salt, sand, hurricanes.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to carolina73 For This Useful Post:

stjames1_53 (02-19-2021)

Level completed: 85%, Points required for next Level: 523
    Overall activity: 31.0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger First ClassSocial50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    stjames1_53's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 29,434x in 20,399 Posts
    Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Who View Post
    Repeated power outages cause burst pipes, water damage claims, loss of perishable goods, business interruption ...
    In Texas' case, it is the fault of the providers. Make THEM pay for those repairs.
    It is also the fault of the homeowners to rely upon the state for their needs. They need to have insurance against those claims.
    You do realize that most people are pretty stupid about even a modicum of prepping.
    As long as I can remember, I've always had at least two plans for getting through something like this.
    Everyone knows that you shut off the water or at least let it run during deep freezes. Shut it off and drain the lines. Not hard to do, unless one is a total moron.
    These poor $#@!s are still without electric this morning. If power falls off out here, I got power to survive until spring gets here....and heat.
    The problem is that some people can't see past their eyelids and take a peak into what might be as far as ensuring their ability to manage their way through such an event.
    If they cannot manage a place and protect it, even with insurance (some do not have HO insurance) they cannot afford a house.
    That is NOT my problem. My ass is covered.....and not one individual or government agency helped.
    For waltky: http://quakes.globalincidentmap.com/
    "The Nation that makes a great distinction between its scholars and its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards and its fighting done by fools."
    - Thucydides

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote" B. Franklin
    Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum

5. The Following User Says Thank You to stjames1_53 For This Useful Post:

carolina73 (02-19-2021)

Level completed: 53%, Points required for next Level: 1,720
    Overall activity: 77.0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsOverdriveVeteran
    Awards:
    Activity Award
    carolina73's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 44,085x in 28,494 Posts
    Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In Texas' case, it is the fault of the providers. Make THEM pay for those repairs.
    It is also the fault of the homeowners to rely upon the state for their needs. They need to have insurance against those claims.
    You do realize that most people are pretty stupid about even a modicum of prepping.
    As long as I can remember, I've always had at least two plans for getting through something like this.
    Everyone knows that you shut off the water or at least let it run during deep freezes. Shut it off and drain the lines. Not hard to do, unless one is a total moron.
    These poor $#@!s are still without electric this morning. If power falls off out here, I got power to survive until spring gets here....and heat.
    The problem is that some people can't see past their eyelids and take a peak into what might be as far as ensuring their ability to manage their way through such an event.
    If they cannot manage a place and protect it, even with insurance (some do not have HO insurance) they cannot afford a house.
    That is NOT my problem. My ass is covered.....and not one individual or government agency helped.
    When talking to liberals then you have to remember that some of them do not even know how to drive a car.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to carolina73 For This Useful Post:

stjames1_53 (02-19-2021)

Achievements:
    Dr. Who's Avatar Advisor
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When insurance companies cover these losses they can in turn subrogate against the responsible party for recovery, which in this case would be the electrical providers and/or the State. They may have a pretty good case for recovery, since recommendations were made in 2011 that the system be properly winterized. Those recommendations went unheeded. If the insurance companies subrogate, the uninsured homeowners may have a chance to piggy-back on that litigation.

By the way, there are many people living in apartment buildings that have had pipes freeze and water pour into the various units. Apartment dwellers don't have the option to winterize the pipes or run a gas powered generator to provide power to their units. Apartment buildings can't really winterize the pipes either. They can turn off the water, but so much residual water remains in the pipes that freezing can still occur.

Did you know that the building code in Texas did not require that homes be insulated until 1980? Insulation is not only good for keeping places warm in winter, it helps keep them cooler in summer. However, because fossil fuel has been so cheap in Texas, no one seemed to care that air conditioning uninsulated homes requires far more energy than air conditioning insulated homes, until 1980, no doubt because of the energy crisis of the 1970s. I wonder how many homes in Texas are still uninsulated? Enough that the natural gas demands when the weather turned frigid overwhelmed the supply in a system that also wasn't winterized.
    In quoting my post, you affirm and agree that you have not been goaded, provoked, emotionally manipulated or otherwise coerced into responding.

"The difference between what we do and what we are capable of doing would suffice to solve most of the world’s problems.”
    Mahatma Gandhi

Level completed: 85%, Points required for next Level: 523
    Overall activity: 31.0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger First ClassSocial50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    stjames1_53's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 29,434x in 20,399 Posts
    Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When insurance companies cover these losses they can in turn subrogate against the responsible party for recovery, which in this case would be the electrical providers and/or the State. They may have a pretty good case for recovery, since recommendations were made in 2011 that the system be properly winterized. Those recommendations went unheeded. If the insurance companies subrogate, the uninsured homeowners may have a chance to piggy-back on that litigation.

By the way, there are many people living in apartment buildings that have had pipes freeze and water pour into the various units. Apartment dwellers don't have the option to winterize the pipes or run a gas powered generator to provide power to their units. Apartment buildings can't really winterize the pipes either. They can turn off the water, but so much residual water remains in the pipes that freezing can still occur.

Did you know that the building code in Texas did not require that homes be insulated until 1980? Insulation is not only good for keeping places warm in winter, it helps keep them cooler in summer. However, because fossil fuel has been so cheap in Texas, no one seemed to care that air conditioning uninsulated homes requires far more energy than air conditioning insulated homes, until 1980, no doubt because of the energy crisis of the 1970s. I wonder how many homes in Texas are still uninsulated? Enough that the natural gas demands when the weather turned frigid overwhelmed the supply in a system that also wasn't winterized.
    Natural gas is not the problem. It is a failing project put forth by "green" people. Instead of having a backup plan, they just went ahead with what they wanted.
    This is what we mean by having something in place BEFORE something like this happens. To cut off one plan without having another viable program spells trouble.
    Those people living in apartments should have a small portable gennie on hand. They don't cost much and they take up very little space.
    I know because we had one at the beginning of our marriage that came in handy more than once, living nearer to Lake Michigan.
    Instead of all of that money going into green projects, you would have thought that they would have put a couple of those plants on line. Now, they are all unavailable. Real planning, the thing democrats aren't doing.
    For waltky: http://quakes.globalincidentmap.com/
    "The Nation that makes a great distinction between its scholars and its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards and its fighting done by fools."
    - Thucydides

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote" B. Franklin
    Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum

Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 35.0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsVeteranYour first Group
    Ethereal's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 41,578x in 26,040 Posts
    Mentioned
    1175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter1469 View Post
    The Great Reset.
    Right. They aren't even attempting to hide it anymore. They're openly talking about turning us into serfs via a totalitarian regulatory state. Much of their agenda has already been accomplished via the COVID lockdowns.
    Power always thinks it has a great soul, and vast views, beyond the comprehension of the weak. And that it is doing God service when it is violating all His laws.
    --John Adams

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Ethereal For This Useful Post:

Abby08 (02-19-2021)

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    1175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No, it has more to do with loss ratios, actuarial analysis and data modelling.
    “If somebody wants to build a coal-fired power plant, they can. It’s just that it will bankrupt them. Under my plan … electricity rates would necessarily skyrocket.”
    --Barack Obama
    Power always thinks it has a great soul, and vast views, beyond the comprehension of the weak. And that it is doing God service when it is violating all His laws.
    --John Adams

Achievements:
    Dr. Who's Avatar Advisor
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Natural gas is not the problem. It is a failing project put forth by "green" people. Instead of having a backup plan, they just went ahead with what they wanted.
    This is what we mean by having something in place BEFORE something like this happens. To cut off one plan without having another viable program spells trouble.
    Those people living in apartments should have a small portable gennie on hand. They don't cost much and they take up very little space.
    I know because we had one at the beginning of our marriage that came in handy more than once, living nearer to Lake Michigan.
    Instead of all of that money going into green projects, you would have thought that they would have put a couple of those plants on line. Now, they are all unavailable. Real planning, the thing democrats aren't doing.
    It's ironic that you think that all this grid independence is a good thing, until it comes time for federal handouts. The Texas government isn't interested in helping its own grid operators maintain and winterize the equipment, but they want cheap energy prices. Rick Perry, when he was Governor of Texas, and private enterprise put in the wind turbines because they are money makers when the temperatures are moderate. Texas has plenty of wind in the summer and huge demand for A/C, so the wind turbines provide extra energy. Private enterprise makes money as do the landowners who allow the turbines on their properties. Yes, the feds were handing out free money to install them. So what? That doesn't make the Texas grid a federal responsibility. It doesn't come under under the management of the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission. Texas told the feds to get lost. Texas is the one doing the planning (or not doing any planning). Don't point the finger anywhere other than at the State of Texas and ERCOT for the failure to plan.

Mahatma Gandhi

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    1175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Those are second order effects related to government policies that are intended to drive up the cost of coal power plants.
    --John Adams

+ Reply to Thread