Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 5,497x in 3,308 Posts
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Drones With Facial Recognition Are Set To Fly

Anyvision is partnered with Microsoft to build drones capable of precise facial recognition while on-the-fly. The tech is too early for ethical or moral acceptance but the company thinks it product will son be embraced by private and public entities alike. ⁃ TN Editor

Some of the first drones with advanced facial recognition capabilities are being developed by Israeli surveillance companies, as American police consider whether they will soon be adding the controversial technology to their unmanned flying machines.

As a sign of the imminent arrival of biometric identification from the air, an Israeli startup, one previously-funded by Microsoft, has patented technologies for drone-based facial recognition. A patent application, published earlier this month, was filed by Tel Aviv-based AnyVision back in August 2019 in the U.S., detailing tech to help a drone find the best angles for a facial recognition shot, before trying to find a match for the target by referring to faces stored in a database. It was titled, “Adaptive positioning of drones for enhanced facial recognition,” and filed by current and former AnyVision employees, including three from Belfast, U.K.

The patent aims to iron out some of the complexities of identifying faces from a flying machine. Various obvious issues arise when trying to recognize someone from a drone: acquiring an angle at which a face can be properly captured and being able to get good-quality visuals whilst moving or hovering. Both are considerably harder than getting a match from static footage.

U.S. military agencies have been trying to come up with solutions, including the Advanced Tactical Facial Recognition at a Distance Technology project at U.S. Special Operations Command (SOCOM) and the Intelligence Advanced Research Projects Activity (IARPA) Biometric Recognition and Identification at Altitude and Range initiative.

continued:
    https://www.technocracy.news/drones-...re-set-to-fly/

Level completed: 1%, Points required for next Level: 3,963
    Overall activity: 30.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteran
    donttread's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 20,646x in 14,858 Posts
    Mentioned
    319 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There is a guy who had videos floating around a few months ago that claimed mask were in part a beta test for mass facila recognition technology. Maybe he wasn't as out there as we thought? As for any moral resisitence it will be over come in the name of control and profit. Pretty soon we'll hear about how some poor woman was killed by a stalker that used this equipment. Maybe a bad cop?

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to donttread For This Useful Post:

stjames1_53 (02-19-2021),Sybil Ludington (02-19-2021)

Level completed: 29%, Points required for next Level: 1,219
    Overall activity: 0.2%
    Achievements:
    SocialTagger First ClassOverdrive25000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Sybil Ludington's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 5,497x in 3,308 Posts
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by donttread View Post
    There is a guy who had videos floating around a few months ago that claimed mask were in part a beta test for mass facila recognition technology. Maybe he wasn't as out there as we thought? As for any moral resisitence it will be over come in the name of control and profit. Pretty soon we'll hear about how some poor woman was killed by a stalker that used this equipment. Maybe a bad cop?
    The way things are today, I see this technology, and right away I start wondering how will this be used against us? When I saw this one, I thought well...this means one of these days masks will not be required because then they couldn't use the face recognition...

Level completed: 1%, Points required for next Level: 3,963
    Overall activity: 30.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteran
    donttread's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 20,646x in 14,858 Posts
    Mentioned
    319 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sybil Ludington View Post
    The way things are today, I see this technology, and right away I start wondering how will this be used against us? When I saw this one, I thought well...this means one of these days masks will not be required because then they couldn't use the face recognition...
    Maybe. Or maybe the tech is good enough to ID based upon visable portions of the face. As far as wondering when this will used against us I have been wondering that for a long time. Including the Unpatriot Act and traffic light cameras

6. The Following User Says Thank You to donttread For This Useful Post:

Sybil Ludington (02-20-2021)

+ Reply to Thread