User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 135

Thread: bidens AG pick will not say illegal entry to U.S. is a crime

  1. #71
    Points: 5,096, Level: 16
    Level completed: 91%, Points required for next Level: 54
    Overall activity: 18.0%
    Achievements:
    3 months registered5000 Experience Points
    invictus's Avatar Senior Member
    Karma
    454
    Join Date
    Sep 2020
    Posts
    2,397
    Points
    5,096
    Level
    16
    Thanks Given
    16
    Thanked 444x in 352 Posts
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter1469 View Post
    There was an asylum system under Trump.

    Anyway, the illegals crossing into the US are mostly economic migrants from South and Central America- not people who qualify for asylum.
    I agree that most wouldn't have qualified but Trump did hamper the process to the point that cases were getting backed up. Meaning, the system wasn't able to cope with the demand. He was cracking down on immigration altogether you know.

  2. #72
    Points: 5,096, Level: 16
    Level completed: 91%, Points required for next Level: 54
    Overall activity: 18.0%
    Achievements:
    3 months registered5000 Experience Points
    invictus's Avatar Senior Member
    Karma
    454
    Join Date
    Sep 2020
    Posts
    2,397
    Points
    5,096
    Level
    16
    Thanks Given
    16
    Thanked 444x in 352 Posts
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter1469 View Post
    Those people do not qualify for asylum under US or International law.
    How do you know that if their cases weren't being heard?

  3. #73
    Points: 27,778, Level: 40
    Level completed: 64%, Points required for next Level: 472
    Overall activity: 36.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered25000 Experience Points
    testsubjectalpha's Avatar Senior Member
    Karma
    3817
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Posts
    11,170
    Points
    27,778
    Level
    40
    Thanks Given
    11
    Thanked 3,810x in 2,804 Posts
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    okay.


    Quote Originally Posted by invictus View Post
    No, at the moment I don't... And huh?
    "The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government - lest it come to dominate our lives and interests." - Patrick Henry

  4. #74
    Original Ranter
    Points: 649,241, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 11.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialCreated Album picturesOverdrive50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Awards:
    Posting Award
    Peter1469's Avatar Advisor
    Karma
    455787
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    NOVA
    Posts
    191,132
    Points
    649,241
    Level
    100
    Thanks Given
    123,154
    Thanked 106,771x in 69,715 Posts
    Mentioned
    2369 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by invictus View Post
    I agree that most wouldn't have qualified but Trump did hamper the process to the point that cases were getting backed up. Meaning, the system wasn't able to cope with the demand. He was cracking down on immigration altogether you know.
    Immigration cases have been backed up since the late 1980s. What Trump did was not allow migrants to wait in the US for their hearings. That was very good. Joe* ended that. Foolish.
    ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ


  5. #75
    Original Ranter
    Points: 649,241, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 11.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialCreated Album picturesOverdrive50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Awards:
    Posting Award
    Peter1469's Avatar Advisor
    Karma
    455787
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    NOVA
    Posts
    191,132
    Points
    649,241
    Level
    100
    Thanks Given
    123,154
    Thanked 106,771x in 69,715 Posts
    Mentioned
    2369 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by invictus View Post
    How do you know that if their cases weren't being heard?
    Because of where they are coming from.
    ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ


  6. #76
    Points: 5,096, Level: 16
    Level completed: 91%, Points required for next Level: 54
    Overall activity: 18.0%
    Achievements:
    3 months registered5000 Experience Points
    invictus's Avatar Senior Member
    Karma
    454
    Join Date
    Sep 2020
    Posts
    2,397
    Points
    5,096
    Level
    16
    Thanks Given
    16
    Thanked 444x in 352 Posts
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter1469 View Post
    Immigration cases have been backed up since the late 1980s. What Trump did was not allow migrants to wait in the US for their hearings. That was very good. Joe* ended that. Foolish.
    Actually, it was Obama who let the migrants to wait in the US for their cases to be heard. Trump criticized it, called it 'catch and release' and ended that practice. He also stripped down the case workers and migrants were getting backed up right outside the border, waiting for their cases to be heard.

    Not sure what Biden has been doing. Been too busy to follow the news lately.

  7. #77
    Points: 5,096, Level: 16
    Level completed: 91%, Points required for next Level: 54
    Overall activity: 18.0%
    Achievements:
    3 months registered5000 Experience Points
    invictus's Avatar Senior Member
    Karma
    454
    Join Date
    Sep 2020
    Posts
    2,397
    Points
    5,096
    Level
    16
    Thanks Given
    16
    Thanked 444x in 352 Posts
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter1469 View Post
    Because of where they are coming from.

    Nicaragua?

    Most of them are trying to escape gang violence.

  8. #78
    Original Ranter
    Points: 649,241, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 11.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialCreated Album picturesOverdrive50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Awards:
    Posting Award
    Peter1469's Avatar Advisor
    Karma
    455787
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    NOVA
    Posts
    191,132
    Points
    649,241
    Level
    100
    Thanks Given
    123,154
    Thanked 106,771x in 69,715 Posts
    Mentioned
    2369 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by invictus View Post
    Actually, it was Obama who let the migrants to wait in the US for their cases to be heard. Trump criticized it, called it 'catch and release' and ended that practice. He also stripped down the case workers and migrants were getting backed up right outside the border, waiting for their cases to be heard.

    Not sure what Biden has been doing. Been too busy to follow the news lately.
    Yea, the "media" is trying to avoid what Joe* is doing. I wonder why?
    ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ


  9. #79
    Points: 5,096, Level: 16
    Level completed: 91%, Points required for next Level: 54
    Overall activity: 18.0%
    Achievements:
    3 months registered5000 Experience Points
    invictus's Avatar Senior Member
    Karma
    454
    Join Date
    Sep 2020
    Posts
    2,397
    Points
    5,096
    Level
    16
    Thanks Given
    16
    Thanked 444x in 352 Posts
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter1469 View Post
    Yea, the "media" is trying to avoid what Joe* is doing. I wonder why?
    Is he even doing anything?

    From the debates, I'd think he'd go back to the policy that was under Obama. We'll see if that will actually happen though.

  10. #80
    Original Ranter
    Points: 649,241, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 11.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialCreated Album picturesOverdrive50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Awards:
    Posting Award
    Peter1469's Avatar Advisor
    Karma
    455787
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    NOVA
    Posts
    191,132
    Points
    649,241
    Level
    100
    Thanks Given
    123,154
    Thanked 106,771x in 69,715 Posts
    Mentioned
    2369 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by invictus View Post
    Is he even doing anything?

    From the debates, I'd think he'd go back to the policy that was under Obama. We'll see if that will actually happen though.
    That is what it looks like to me.
    ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ


+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts