Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 29,263x in 20,294 Posts
    Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Casey Jones View Post
    Me too, but I don't even really care that much.

I'm just not going to be part of it. I won't be abused and programmed and indoctrinated by morons while trying to eat a cookie...
    It wasn't that far back that I recall all they wanted was the right to get married. I predicted then, that they were lying.
    For waltky: http://quakes.globalincidentmap.com/
    "The Nation that makes a great distinction between its scholars and its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards and its fighting done by fools."
    - Thucydides

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote" B. Franklin
    Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum

2. The Following User Says Thank You to stjames1_53 For This Useful Post:

Casey Jones (02-28-2021)

Level completed: 70%, Points required for next Level: 1,050
    Overall activity: 36.0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger First ClassSocial50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    stjames1_53's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 29,263x in 20,294 Posts
    Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Casey Jones View Post
    Yeah.

Everyone's Speshul Cause is, of course, more important than all those others...

You can take those rainbow cookies, and put them where you like to park other boyos' johnsons.
    That's one of the reasons they hated Trump. Unlike what Biden just did, he didn't promote the LGTBRQES over the rest of America.
    Joe* just gave the nod on special privileges and rights over everyone else...........and they couldn't care less about anything else.
    For waltky: http://quakes.globalincidentmap.com/
    "The Nation that makes a great distinction between its scholars and its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards and its fighting done by fools."
    - Thucydides

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote" B. Franklin
    Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum

4. The Following User Says Thank You to stjames1_53 For This Useful Post:

Abby08 (02-28-2021)

Level completed: 47%, Points required for next Level: 798
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialTagger First ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points
    midcan5's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 2,497x in 1,841 Posts
    Mentioned
    301 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bravo. Anyone who has read history know Americans no longer lynch blacks before Sunday church. Or burn crosses on lawns. Gays can marry and Trans people can live their lives as they like and the hateful can bake their own cookies. Who the fluck cares. Grow up boys and girls your bigotry and narrow minded nonsense gets old fast.

'Stop Using Phony Science to Justify Transphobia' 'Actual research shows that sex is anything but binary'

https://blogs.scientificamerican.com...y-transphobia/

Transgender debate - powerful speech

Wanna make America great, buy American owned, made in the USA, we do. AF Veteran, INFJ-A, I am not PC.

"I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: 'O Lord make my enemies ridiculous.' And God granted it." Voltaire

Level completed: 31%, Points required for next Level: 901
    Overall activity: 0.2%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Madison's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 5,012x in 3,030 Posts
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My favorite cookies ever always are:

Kurt Cobain was murdered

Trump 2020-2025

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Madison For This Useful Post:

stjames1_53 (02-28-2021)

Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 88.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassYour first GroupOverdrive50000 Experience PointsTagger First ClassVeteran
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Chris's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 80,900x in 54,717 Posts
    Mentioned
    2011 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Standing Wolf View Post
    First of all, the ad in the OP was about a father's struggle with expressing acceptance of a lesbian daughter; how on Earth did this inspire you to post a rant about people hating "whites, males, veterans"?

Second, I don't understand the mindset that appears to believe that others wanting to celebrate some aspect of who they are in terms of race, religious faith, sexual orientation, family heritage, etc. equates to "hating" you. As a white, male military retiree, I'm not threatened or insulted in the slightest by that cookie commercial. Can you explain to me why I should be?

Your rant might be more appropriate in a thread about Critical Race Theory or some other genuinely hare-brained and unfortunate trend. Here, it just looks like you're utilizing any opportunity to exercise your pet grievances, whether or not it makes any sense to do so in that context.

It didn't appear to me Casey was ranting about people but rather the company.

Personally, I would have nothing against you being gay or trans or whatever. Well, unless you flaunted it, pushed it in my face, demanded something of me.

Generally, I think these marketing gimmicks are the result of critical theory. The story of the father, while touchingly sentimental, is just a story, a narrative. What's to celebrate, gays I think nowadays claim they're born that way, would you celebrate being hetero, or white?

The fence painting like the multi-colored creme centers pushed, flaunts, it says look at me!
    Tradition is not the worship of ashes, but the preservation of fire. ― Gustav Mahler

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Chris For This Useful Post:

Cletus (02-28-2021),stjames1_53 (02-28-2021)

Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 88.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassYour first GroupOverdrive50000 Experience PointsTagger First ClassVeteran
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Chris's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 80,900x in 54,717 Posts
    Mentioned
    2011 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by midcan5 View Post
    Bravo. Anyone who has read history know Americans no longer lynch blacks before Sunday church. Or burn crosses on lawns. Gays can marry and Trans people can live their lives as they like and the hateful can bake their own cookies. Who the fluck cares. Grow up boys and girls your bigotry and narrow minded nonsense gets old fast....
    I don't care about any civil rights, all should be treated civilly, before the law, equally. Where I say stop is where it's used to push its way into our lives, from public accommodation to public restrooms to sports. Where I start to get angry is where such identities as race, sex gender, etc are used for advantage and privilege as Biden is pushing in his EOs and laws he wants Congress to enact. The latter is bigoted and narrow-minded.
    Tradition is not the worship of ashes, but the preservation of fire. ― Gustav Mahler

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Chris For This Useful Post:

Abby08 (02-28-2021),Cletus (02-28-2021),stjames1_53 (02-28-2021)

Level completed: 28%, Points required for next Level: 1,730
    Overall activity: 46.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    countryboy's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 21,456x in 13,508 Posts
    Mentioned
    230 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gary Gulman will have to update his act.

Cutesy Time is OVER

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    230 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    First of all, the ad in the OP was about a father's struggle with expressing acceptance of a lesbian daughter; how on Earth did this inspire you to post a rant about people hating "whites, males, veterans"?

Second, I don't understand the mindset that appears to believe that others wanting to celebrate some aspect of who they are in terms of race, religious faith, sexual orientation, family heritage, etc. equates to "hating" you. As a white, male military retiree, I'm not threatened or insulted in the slightest by that cookie commercial. Can you explain to me why I should be?

Your rant might be more appropriate in a thread about Critical Race Theory or some other genuinely hare-brained and unfortunate trend. Here, it just looks like you're utilizing any opportunity to exercise your pet grievances, whether or not it makes any sense to do so in that context.
    Obviously.
    Cutesy Time is OVER

14. The Following User Says Thank You to countryboy For This Useful Post:

stjames1_53 (02-28-2021)

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    230 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post

The fence in the end will makes sense if you read Oreo debuts rainbow cookies in support of LGBTQ+ community.

Will they come in double stuf?
    Cutesy Time is OVER

Level completed: 98%, Points required for next Level: 53
    Overall activity: 0.3%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    nathanbforrest45's Avatar Banned
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 16,261x in 10,568 Posts
    Mentioned
    129 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Because normal people find homosexuality to be abhorrent and a taboo and we don't really like having it forced on us that we MUST CHANGE our attitudes. We are being forced to accept every aberrant behavior as just a normal lifestyle choice when normal people know it is not. I personally will NEVER accept homosexuality, transgenderism or any of the other mental illnesses we are currently having forced on us as normal and natural as anything other than what it is, a mental illness that if cannot be treated certainly should not be accepted as normal.

As for the hate, I don't think its "hatred" of straight, white, males etc but I do believe we are being brainwashed into thinking being straight or white or a male is the aberrant behavior. And no, we are not threatened or insulted by one commercial, we are however growing very tired of having a constant barrage of "woke" commercials, tv shows, Hollywood "entertainers" and others telling us we should embrace deviancy as normal and acceptable.
    Last edited by nathanbforrest45; 02-28-2021 at 10:17 AM.

17. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to nathanbforrest45 For This Useful Post:

Abby08 (02-28-2021),Calypso Jones (02-28-2021),stjames1_53 (02-28-2021)

+ Reply to Thread